PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2021 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

I will just say this, there is a worse board, where its a little *********** circle of about 10 posters and you better agree with what they say. Homer is not even a strong enough term. I would say there have been about 10 posts so far proclaiming Jones is better than Brady is now. They also created a Brady forum, but its basically just a rip Brady as much as you can forum. You cannot disagree with anyone, you cannot say the pats played bad, you cannot say we need to be better here. Bill can do nothing wrong, he is a golden God and everything exist because he touched it. No player does anything good, it was all based on coaching. The board used to be a good place, now most people left and its down to a pit of crying about unfair and predictions that cannot be even matched. So, while I have not been here that long, this is a great mix of people all giving different opinions, and that is actually ok.

Nice perspective…thanks.

Ian will never let this board suck. Ian is truly an awesome, level headed, common sense guy. He’s one of the really rare people out there who is always the voice of reason and would make an outstanding arbitrator or mediator.

I think the moderation here is good overall. The less, the better. I’m glad Ian has largely resisted the cultish ideas to purify the forum and turn it into an echo chamber. God knows many posters have urged him to do so. But Ian understands this isn’t just about football or the Patriots but the overall experience and the people who have posted over the years.

The Brady forum is fine for a compromise, IMO. Because I can see my active threads at the top of the page (due to the intuitive format that combines all the sub-forums), the Tompa thread is easy to view. And frankly I like that the morons have left it alone. It’s one of the few places where I can actually post about football and get good discussion.

I get the feeling the Rams will be treating this game like the Super Bowl, and I'm really going to hate their obnoxious trash talk and celebrations on Sunday. McVay is on a mission to prove to everyone how smart he is about Stafford. Get the sense the Bucs care much less about this game...not sure if that will make any difference in the outcome.

You never met Rusty but you have. Haha. What a gem he is.
Yeah, well we’ve probably just exchanged Deus for him… on his 7th or 8th attempt here. Pretty big loss on the ledger for the board.

EDIT: Apologies. Didn’t keep scrolling and see that this thread got back on track. Carry on, my wayward sons.

I get the feeling the Rams will be treating this game like the Super Bowl, and I'm really going to hate their obnoxious trash talk and celebrations on Sunday. McVay is on a mission to prove to everyone how smart he is about Stafford. Get the sense the Bucs care much less about this game...not sure if that will make any difference in the outcome.
I think Bucs roll. Stafford has always tended to choke in these high pressure, big atmosphere games.

Why do you feel the Bucs care less? This game has been talked about since the schedule came out.

I think Bucs roll. Stafford has always tended to choke in these high pressure, big atmosphere games.
That's my feeling too. He is Matt Stafford after all.

Alex spoke to Karen G. at the Herald. Lots of bombs in here. I think this is how Brady probably truly feels.

Alex spoke to Karen G. at the Herald. Lots of bombs in here. I think this is how Brady probably truly feels.
Not surprised they noticed how Bill was with Cam Newton. He loved him some Cam and went out of his way to say so.

Would have been nice if he showed the same to Tom instead of staying in character.

Not surprised they noticed how Bill was with Cam Newton. He loved him some Cam and went out of his way to say so.

Would have been nice if he showed the same to Tom instead of staying in character.
That's confounding how Bill treated the GOAT QB like a JAG but Cam like a special player. I had a feeling Bill was losing it when he started making commercials.

715df475-c5c9-4eb7-87d9-6883268314c6_image.jpg

I have been lurking on this board since 2006 and it's truly sad how terrible a job the mods are doing.

This no longer feels like a pats fans forum but instead a Bill Belichick fan forum.

Only comments that promote and pimp Bill are allowed, any criticism against him or praise for Brady is immediately banished and practically a bannishable offense.

I can't blame Ian, he created a great place here and it's sad that Mods who are supposed to be neutral and help make this a community of fans to discuss and debate All things patriots (past, present and future), are instead petty Billievers who make excuses.

The poster Mac should have been kicked from that thread that just got closed, instead he was allowed to completely derail what it was, a discussion of the Bucs vs the Pats.

It's getting frustrating that those who have chosen to still cheer Brady on are accused of derailing threads, when it's infact Brady haters or Bill cultists (probably one and the same people) who derail every single thread that talks positively of Brady.
Every once in a while I come across a post that I'd like to copy, put in a nice frame and hang on a prominent wall at my home. This is one of those. Thanks.

Why do you feel the Bucs care less? This game has been talked about since the schedule came out.

I think they just see it as business as usual. Tough game and they’ll be up for it. The Rams really want to show the world they’re fo real.

I think they just see it as business as usual. Tough game and they’ll be up for it. The Rams really want to show the world they’re fo real.
Ah, yes. I agree with what your saying now. I do think all the pressure is on the Rams to validate what they paid for Stafford and to show they are the class of the West. Plus they are at home. I heard today that this is Brady's first game in LA? Is that really true? None of our SBs were in LA?

I’m not concerned if they lose this one. Rams are going to treat it as Super Bowl 56. Brown likely not playing, Pierre-Paul potentially out, Bunting out, Davis playing with an injury.

It's truly fascinating to see how different Bill was with Tom than he was with Cam.

Perhaps losing Brady made Bill realize he needed to change leadership tactics since players are different today than they were 20-30 years ago and Bill hasn't had to coach a new established vet QB in 20 years.

Bill clearly made a mistake with Brady and no doubt he has regrets

I’m not concerned if they lose this one. Rams are going to treat it as Super Bowl 56. Brown likely not playing, Pierre-Paul potentially out, Bunting out, Davis playing with an injury.
I would agree with that if TFB was not the QB of the Bucs. The Rams defense does not look nearly as stout as it did last year. If the Bucs are able to continue their streak of 30+ points, I don't see Stafford matching.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back