PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2021 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

In addition to the he's washed up mantra, I distinctly remember the “Brady changed“ crowd on here. His priority was no longer about winning or being a good teammate. He sold out, wants to move to Hollywood, have full personnel control to build a disastrous fantasy team with only big named wide receivers, and he'll break the bank and eat all the salary cap. Buyer beware: Tom's ego is impossible to handle.

In addition to the he's washed up mantra, I distinctly remember the “Brady changed“ crowd on here. His priority was no longer about winning or being a good teammate. He sold out, wants to move to Hollywood, have full personnel control to build a disastrous fantasy team with only big named wide receivers, and he'll break the bank and eat all the salary cap. Buyer beware: Tom's ego is impossible to handle.
Oh, yeah. There were all sorts of lame justifications being tossed out, and some were being fed by the media (which you can be sure was being fed by the team).

Florio gonna Florio

No mention of the violation here. Brees played with a torn rotator cuff and torn fascia in his foot...but that doesn't get you clicks because he's a loveable loser to that big, bad cheater.

Note: every team in the league would likely be liable for injury reporting fines if the basis for injury seriousness is offseason surgery. Many players get cleanup procedures for chronic injuries/conditions which never landed them on the report.

FYI, just linked the injury report manual; I don't think it was updated since 2017. I really don't think the Bucs had an obligation to report the Brady inury because it happened in the offseason, didn't affect his practice availability, and never put his game status in doubt. These are always open to interpretation and known for inconsistencies, and this one would seem to be very, very far into the safety zone of where you don't have to report. You'd have to list someone like Gronkowski on there every week of his career due to a back injury; a guy with an arthritic shoulder would never come off the list. That obviously isn't the way it works. This is about acute injuries with direct impact on game status, and even those get a lot of leeway.

It seems the fines have come down in the past for teams whose players weren't available for a game unexpectedly and not when players are hiding injuries but still playing. If you Google "NFL injury reporting" you'll see that theme for which teams get fined and which don't.

Brucie looks preggers. Twins?

Exhibition season schedule is out.

Bucs:

Saturday Aug 14, Bengals at 7:30 pm
Saturday Aug 21, Titans at 7:30 pm
Saturday Aug 28, at Texans at 8pm

Unfortunately for my nephew I don't really see a path to playing time this year

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday