PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2021 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Unfortunately for my nephew I don't really see a path to playing time this year

Is Vaughn your nephew?

I was stumping for him to play last year because he was the only natural pass catcher on the team. He is quick, shifty and accelerates fast.

I could go on a tangent about how terrible Ronald Jones is at everything, but suffice to say he’s horrendous as a pass catcher too. Fournette got a little better as the year went on and was better than Jones, but he’s just not styled towards catching and running. Too much of an upright runner who needs straight lanes.

Bernard will probably get a lot of reps..maybe Vaughn will start to come on strong at some point.

Is Vaughn your nephew?

I was stumping for him to play last year because he was the only natural pass catcher on the team. He is quick, shifty and accelerates fast.

I could go on a tangent about how terrible Ronald Jones is at everything, but suffice to say he’s horrendous as a pass catcher too. Fournette got a little better as the year went on and was better than Jones, but he’s just not styled towards catching and running. Too much of an upright runner who needs straight lanes.

Bernard will probably get a lot of reps..maybe Vaughn will start to come on strong at some point.
Yeah his father is my wife's brother. His 2 fumbles in limited action were critical mistakes & cost him any shot at more playing time last year. Benard filled pass catching back role and his best chance is on special teams at this point.

Yeah his father is my wife's brother. His 2 fumbles in limited action were critical mistakes & cost him any shot at more playing time last year. Benard filled pass catching back role and his best chance is on special teams at this point.
Yeah. His fumbles put him in the dog house. With Bernard, It will be tough for him to get a spot on O.

On all the stat pages (ESPN, PFR), I’m only seeing one fumble with sixty touches. Was one preseason or postseason?

I remember the fumble he lost and being disappointed knowing he’d be benched, even though Jones commits the equivalent of a turnover seemingly once a game via drops, bobbles, failures to gain an easy first down, horrible blocking, etc.

EDIT: Yes, now I see the second fumble was against WFT in the playoffs.

EDIT: Yes, now I see the second fumble was against WFT in the playoffs.
That one could have cost them the game as the D was playing like complete poop.

That one could have cost them the game as the D was playing like complete poop.

Were they? Or was Taylor Heinicke just that good? :rofl:

That’s a game Playoff Peyton loses 100 times out of 100.

Getting called out by Arians with regards to the OTAs didn't help his cause, either, I'd expect.

How is the Jets thread allowed to be in the main forum, but not the Greatest player in NFL and Patriots history? Doesn't make sense to me
The squeaky wheels get the grease.

To make matters worse, I was on the main forum and I saw Brady referred to as Temperamental Tommy. The poster was blaming Brady for N'Keal Harry's performance. The idea is that Brady demanded too much of him and hurt his development. What a load of horsesh!t.

It is precisely Brady's desire for perfection that has made him and his teams winners. A Pats fan should know and appreciate that instead of looking at reason's to blame him for some other player's shortcomings. That lack of appreciation for Brady's contribution here makes me nauseous.

The squeaky wheels get the grease.

To make matters worse, I was on the main forum and I saw Brady referred to as Temperamental Tommy. The poster was blaming Brady for N'Keal Harry's performance. The idea is that Brady demanded too much of him and hurt his development. What a load of horsesh!t.

It is precisely Brady's desire for perfection that has made him and his teams winners. A Pats fan should know and appreciate that instead of looking at reason's to blame him for some other player's shortcomings. That lack of appreciation for Brady's contribution here makes me nauseous.
SqueakyWheely12?

Yeah. His fumbles put him in the dog house. With Bernard, It will be tough for him to get a spot on O.
With the 4 backs, odds are that at least 1 will miss time to some form of injury. As long as it's not Vaughn with the injury, he will get his opportunity. If he does good with that opportunity, he'll get more.

I'm convinced Brady gave Simms a well deserved wedgie in training camp or screwed his girlfriend or something because this irrational shyt has been going on for so long.
It's gotten to the point where it's basically stalker-level stuff. You'd think a friend of his would pull him aside. I mean, he makes Rob Parker look even keeled on the topic.

He does this every year. Every single year. In fact I believe he released his top 5 of all time list and Brady was 5 behind Rodgers and Elway. And IIRC Montana and Manning aren’t even on the list.

It's gotten to the point where it's basically stalker-level stuff. You'd think a friend of his would pull him aside. I mean, he makes Rob Parker look even keeled on the topic.

Parker is a troll and a hilarious one…once people stop taking him seriously they can enjoy his routine. Simms thinks he’s very, very smart.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back