PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2021 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Do you know why? Is it that he does not trust them or part of a larger scheme?

When the defense caught fire last year, it appeared to me that they manned up more and also did a lot of man/zone as well.

If I had to guess, I'd say it was more the personnel. But that's just a guess. I haven't heard anything official (or "official") on it.

Do you know why? Is it that he does not trust them or part of a larger scheme?

When the defense caught fire last year, it appeared to me that they manned up more and also did a lot of man/zone as well.

If I've ever seen a team that should be mixing in 3 man rushes, this is the one. Vea, Suh, and Gholston can all get after the QB. The issue with JPP and Barrett is that their style tends to hurt the team often...they just run for the QB and that's it. They don't contain the edge or drop into coverage very often. Quarterbacks can either roll out due to an overly aggressive "home run" attempt and buy more time, or with a blitz they can easily pick aprt that zone. Having less skilled CBs means they need more defensive backs, not less...and there's no reason Edwards shouldn't be out there often as a third safety.

Barrett and JPP are great when everything else is rolling...the pocket is collapsing, the coverage is tight, etc. That's when they can get home and close the deal. When all those other elements aren't there, they're often a liability with the one trick pony attack. That's why Bill isn't a fan of edge rushers who don't excel anywhere else...heck, Brady made a mockery of the Steelers and other teams for years with these blitz happy, speed rushing defenses.

It remains to be seen if they'll continue with this craziness into the postseason. They did mix it up a lot more last year. There was an article about the Super Bowl and how Bowles went against everything he believed in with blitzing, pressure, etc. I'm not sure why he apparently didn't learn anything from that game. The Bucs have the personnel to create pressure with 3 or 4, and they have two of the versatile LBs in the league with White and David...and they have a damn good #3 ballhawking safety (while Winfield is ranked second in the NFL by PFF this year.) It's outright shocking how they have all of these assets, and yet they are constantly beaten because they have some mismatch with their #5 practice squad CB trying to cover a #1 wide receiver on an island, or no one covering the tight end in the middle of the field.

You'd be surprised...some were rooting for the Colts last week

Yes, I would be surprised because no true Patriots fan would want Buffalo winning with a prospective playoff berth at stake. I didn't see anyone rooting for Indy last week, I'll call B.S. on that as well -- provide a link and I will stand corrected.

Buccaneers' WR Antonio Brown is expected to miss at least the next two weeks at Atlanta and against Buffalo with the sprained ankle he suffered in Week 6 at Philadelphia, per source.

Bruce Arians said the injury was different than expected on Brown. Not just an ankle but also involved the heel.

Hey IAN, either move this thread back to the main forum or just admit it’s ok for people to just troll and derail things here with impunity. It’s ok, it’s your website you can obviously allow whatever you want. Just let’s drop the charade that any of this is in some good faith.

facts

Hill is starting tomorrow for Saints.

I hope Hills plays worse than Tebow.

There’s hope that the Saints will have the most important player on their offense for Thursday night’s game against the Cowboys. Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the current expectation is that running back Alvin Kamara will not play.

Officially questionable with a lingering knee injury, Kamara is expected to miss what will be his fourth straight game.

That’s not a certainty. Nothing becomes official until 90 minutes before kickoff, when Kamara is — or isn’t — on the list of inactive players. For now, however, the thinking is that Kamara will not play.

Alvin Kamara, officially questionable with a knee injury, currently is not expected to play - ProFootballTalk

Don't know if that record include playoffs or not. They should just have all stats include playoff. It is games officially played and the most important ones at that.

Yes, I would be surprised because no true Patriots fan would want Buffalo winning with a prospective playoff berth at stake. I didn't see anyone rooting for Indy last week, I'll call B.S. on that as well -- provide a link and I will stand corrected.
Of course.

The people posting on this thread are very confused. Too bad.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back