PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2021 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Arians said AB is notplaying. I was hoping he would to get some rust out of the way before the Bills game. Speaking of the Bills I bet a few people in the forum will be rooting for them over the Bucs...
No doubt.

It's going to be hillarious watching the #7 NFC seed bumble into the playoffs. Maybe the #6 seed too.

I'm not even sure the 49ers are actually good, and they might finish below .500. They have a tough remaining schedule. Other than them, there's the Vikings, Washington, Eagles, Saints, and Panthers.

There's a reasonable chance that two sub-500 teams make the postseason from the NFC. It will be a comedy of blunders as all these pretenders take the lead briefly before losing to crap teams the next week.

Meanwhile, it would be great to see the Cardinals, Packers, Bucs, and Cowboys duke it out for two bye positions; instead, the one bye will make this so much less interesting. As expected, the NFL's revenue grab ruins the game for fans who appreciate the game.
I loathe the one team bye. They really should have just added an 8th playoff team and gotten rid of it altogether.

Good lord. Haha

I'll leave you all to yourselves. I wasn't aware this section of PatsFans.com was off-limits to Patriots fans.

Please list all the people who said that is the case.

Raiders' Derek Carr has passed Tom Brady for NFL passing yards lead, but Brady is second with 3,403, on pace for 5,259 in this 17-game season. Brady leads the league with 30 TDs (on pace for 46), ranks sixth in passer rating.

Last edited:
No I rooted for Brady in the SB and will again if he's there against anyone but the Patriots. He's an amazing story. But my team is the New England Patriots.
Ok, so why are you hanging out over on a forum that talks about the guy you do not care about anymore because he is not on the pats and then mad because others are talking about the subject of the forum.

Hi I just stopped by here so I could tell everyone that I'm a Patriots fan and not a Brady or Bucs fan. I'll come by here every day to repeat it. I also go to gay forums day after after day to tell everyone there I'm not gay........

Bucs’ Leonard Fournette is named NFC Offensive Player of the Week after scoring four touchdowns in win at Colts. Rushed for 100 yards, caught seven passes too.

Third down is arguably where the Bucs' defense is most vulnerable right now. Ranking 21st there, and that's a passing down and they're 20th in passing yards allowed. There's a big asterisk for being shorthanded at corner throughout the season, but they need to get better there.

The other part of Bucs' third-down struggles on defense is just not getting home on the pass rush. Tampa Bay has five sacks on third downs this year -- tied for last in the NFL. They're on course for eight third-down sacks, after getting 19 last year in 16 games.

Bucs defense has 27 sacks this season, which ranks 13th overall. On pace to get 42 in 17 games, after ranking t-4th in the league with 48 sacks in 16 games last year.

This is a sharp observation. Take away first three weeks of the season, and Bucs rank second in the NFL with 24 sacks -- only Steelers (25) have more. Pro-rate those eight games to a full season and it's same total as they had in 2020.

When Bucs started Jamel Dean and Sean Murphy-Bunting at corner Sunday vs. Colts, it marked the first time all season they started the same combination in consecutive weeks. First 10 games, 10 different starting combinations at corner/nickel.

Here it is by week: 1: Davis/SMB 2: Davis/Dean 3: Davis/Dean/****rell 4: Davis/Sherman/****rell 5: Dean/Sherman 6: Dean/Sherman/****rell 7: Dean/Delaney/****rell 8: Dean/Desir 9: Dean/Delaney/Edwards 10: Dean/SMB 11: Dean/SMB

So Bucs have had eight different DBs start games at corner or nickel this season, and only one has started more than four games, 11 games into the season: Dean 9 Davis 4 ****rell 4 Murphy-Bunting 3 Sherman 3 Delaney 2 Desir 1 Edwards 1

Arians says Aaron Stinnie probably has a longer absence with his knee injury, possibly going on injured reserve.

I’m sure this happens to most teams and I don’t see it because I’m not carefully watching them but I swear the Bucs have more slightly missed sacks that hit the QB 1/10 of a second too late and the QB gets off a 9 yard pass for a first down than any other team.

It is so frustrating to watch Bowles send the blitz on third and 8 or longer only to give it up on an easy completion.

Some of that is because Bowles is so often sending the rush while having his DBs playing off coverage, even on third and short. It's a recipe for easy conversions.

Some of that is because Bowles is so often sending the rush while having his DBs playing off coverage, even on third and short. It's a recipe for easy conversions.
Do you know why? Is it that he does not trust them or part of a larger scheme?

When the defense caught fire last year, it appeared to me that they manned up more and also did a lot of man/zone as well.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back