PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2021 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Stafford with the bomb! lol awesome

Brady went deep twice to Miller. Pick on one and a PI on the other that led to a TD. Deep throws were not there. Colts I think played a lot of cover 2. The under stuff was there all day especially to the TEs. Brady carved them up.
If Miller had run his route correctly, that would have been a completion.

It would be better for the Bucs if the Rams win today BUT them losing against would be really funny because they have no future. They went all in this year and it might completely blow up in their face.

Much better for them. I think the Packers only tough game after this is at Baltimore. The Rams will lose at least one more.

On most of the tiebreakers, the Packers have the edge over the Bucs. The Cardinals don’t.

If Miller had run his route correctly, that would have been a completion.
Infuriating. Evans also had the drop early on a blitz where Brady hit him with the ball in the arm but he wasn't looking. They really have to get those things fixed. I get Scotty somewhat given he hasn't played much but Evans has got to be better.

It is interesting to me. For all the talk of the Bucs receivers, Lenny and Gronk are carrying this team. Rojo is pinch hitting nicely too.

AB should be back next week which should really help things open up, I hope.

Teams are playing the Bucs like they play the Queens a lot of Cover 2. Difference is Brady will dink and dunk teams to death specially with Gronk back. AB coming back will definitely open things up even more.

Infuriating. Evans also had the drop early on a blitz where Brady hit him with the ball in the arm but he wasn't looking. They really have to get those things fixed. I get Scotty somewhat given he hasn't played much but Evans has got to be better.

It is interesting to me. For all the talk of the Bucs receivers, Lenny and Gronk are carrying this team. Rojo is pinch hitting nicely too.

Miller you can excuse he just got back and is newish. Evans does this every week. He needs to step up or AB needs to be back and 100% or they are too easy to defend on key downs.

Teams are playing the Bucs like they play the Queens a lot of Cover 2. Difference is Brady will dink and dunk teams to death specially with Gronk back. AB coming back will definitely open things up even more.
I was thinking that Mahomes should watch every single minute of this game to see exactly how to play Cover 2 and carve a team up. It felt like Brady was ho hum but he made almost every play there was to make to the tune of 38 which should have been more if his receivers played better.

I do think teams are using Belichick’s concept against the Bucs. Bracketing Godwin, letting Evans shoot himself in the foot as a guy expected to run every route. Of course, Belichick got the Bucs without Gronk.

I also think Belichick got a lot of this from Payton.

I do think teams are using Belichick’s concept against the Bucs. Bracketing Godwin, letting Evans shoot himself in the foot as a guy expected to run every route. Of course, Belichick got the Bucs without Gronk.
It has been a fascinating season to watch defenses adjust to the Bucs. Having Lenny blossom the way he has in the pass game has really helped them grind out drives. They have become more of a possession, grind out team and still putting up 30+ a game. I do think AB being out changed a lot for them but you are probably right about Bill's game plan. I do wonder if Gio will get more looks. He appears not to be able to jump Lenny in the pass game right now which is surprising in a lot of respects.

Don’t leave out Forunette. He is a legitimate weapon with these defenses playing the pass so much.

Apparently Lenny gave the team a speech prior to the game. Gronk said it was amazing and got the team fired up. Seems Lenny is a leader too in the locker room as well.

these injuries are infuriating. was it a hip for Dean? I saw SMB also got hurt again

Brady trusts him and Gronk (and AB) so much more than Evans and Godwin

I think he trusts Godwin, but other teams realize that. I think Brady’s big 3 are AB, Gronk, and Godwin, with Fournette knocking on the door.

In the red zone he trusts Evans abd teams sometimes bracket him there. He's useless everywhere else.

There’s no way out of Evans contract, so I guess the Bucs realize that and will just make the best of it. He’s obviously a very talented player, though I don’t think he’s ideal for Brady. He’d be better with a freelancing QB like Wilson or Allen. I’d take Godwin over Evans without really thinking about it.

1638139476687.png

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back