PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2021 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

He looked like hot garbage to me. Every 3rd down was 1 read and run and sometimes it looked like it was a called pass and he didn't even bother with 1 read and ran. This forces defenses to put a defender on the QB and they abuse favorable rules that make defenders scared to touch them. He happened to run into White last night and it's unfortunate he may be out but what do these QBs expect. I've felt like this for years and I remember 2 or 3 years ago Chung rang Allen's bell because the dude kept trying to run and get an extra 3 yards and the world went crazy. The QB has no business doing that **** and if they do they should be prepared to get mauled. That's how it should be. You get to the playoffs and when a QB does it we will be wowed by it but now it's just every down for some QBs and every 3rd down for others. These guys stink.
The play that really ticks me off is when a QB fakes like he's going out of bounds and then cuts back in for more yards. I remember Kordell Stewart doing that to the Pats years ago and I've seen Mahomes do it a couple of times. That's when I root for the QB to get his clock cleaned.

Of all the running QBs the most unique has been Lamar Jackson, but his running ability separates him from the others more than his passing. He's as hard to get a hit on as any player I can remember at any position, let alone a QB.

My fear is that game is going to ruin our season.
Only if we let it.
And why stop there? They should have beaten the Bucs and Boys too. If not for those games they'd be 7-1 and sitting atop the AFC. ;)
Considering all that has happened I'm feeling more confident about this team's chances.

Only if we let it.
And why stop there? They should have beaten the Bucs and Boys too. If not for those games they'd be 7-1 and sitting atop the AFC. ;)
Considering all that has happened I'm feeling more confident about this team's chances.
If Patriots win the next couple, they really have a good chance for a wildcard spot.

It looks like their competition is Bengals, Steelers, Chiefs, and Chargers for 3 spots.

I think Colts, Brown's, and Broncos are frauds.

If Pat's make a strong push for the playoffs. The TV rating masters might start salivating over a potential SB match vs Bucs. All the AFC division leaders are vulnerable. I know it's early but we are close to having a good idea of where teams stand in a couple weeks.

Ironically, it could help the Bucs get the favourable calls from the refs in their games vs Bill's and Colts to help the Pat's get in. Yes, the NFL plays favorites and it's all due to ratings.

Ironically, it could help the Bucs get the favourable calls from the refs in their games vs Bill's and Colts to help the Pat's get in. Yes, the NFL plays favorites and it's all due to ratings.
The Bucs have been completely hosed by godawful penalty calls in multiple games this season, including this past week, so I'm not seeing how the NFL is playing favorites there.

Didn't know there was talk that RoJo might be on the block

The Bucs have been completely hosed by godawful penalty calls in multiple games this season, including this past week, so I'm not seeing how the NFL is playing favorites there.
I agree. The Bucs aren't the favorites this year. The Rams are for sure.

But maybe against the Bill's and Colts, those questionable calls will be in the Bucs favor.

Pat's have to keep on winning to see if my hunch is correct.

I just re-watched the second of that game. Brady was fantastic until his last two throws. He had amazing perspective on his failure with his show with Jim Grey; he didn’t blame anyone but himself it’s brilliant he is so likable. But his play in the second half was the reason they were still in it despite the disastrous penalties they were giving up on D especially. That was by far Brady’s best game against the Saints since he joined barring one stupid stupid throw. I reckon that was in the top 3 worst interceptions I have seen him throw behind Divisional game 2014/15 and the first pick of Sb49.

If the Bucs keep winning and Brady has a similar run rate on his stats for the next 9 games he wins MVP. Despite the loss and turnovers statistically it was a pretty good game with 4 TD and 360 yds

Brady has always struggled with the Sean Peyton Saints except once in 2017. Everyone remembers 2009. Even at home in 2013 was a ridiculous comeback as everyone knows.

I just re-watched the second of that game. Brady was fantastic until his last two throws. He had amazing perspective on his failure with his show with Jim Grey; he didn’t blame anyone but himself it’s brilliant he is so likable. But his play in the second half was the reason they were still in it despite the disastrous penalties they were giving up on D especially. That was by far Brady’s best game against the Saints since he joined barring one stupid stupid throw. I reckon that was in the top 3 worst interceptions I have seen him throw behind Divisional game 2014/15 and the first pick of Sb49.

If the Bucs keep winning and Brady has a similar run rate on his stats for the next 9 games he wins MVP. Despite the loss and turnovers statistically it was a pretty good game with 4 TD and 360 yds
How the game went sort of reminds me of the Pat's SB loss to Philly.

Defenses were brutal in both games. But somehow Brady's teams were still in it and in a position to win. Brady was playing fantastic until the end.

In the Philly game, a player was wide open 10-15 yards deep (I think Amendola) but Brady was looking to go deeper and had a loss fumble.

In both games, Brady had enough time to March down the field.

It was an odd week for the MVP leaders. They either had meh stats or their team lost.

How the game went sort of reminds me of the Pat's SB loss to Philly.

Defenses were brutal in both games. But somehow Brady's teams were still in it and in a position to win. Brady was playing fantastic until the end.

In the Philly game, a player was wide open 10-15 yards deep (I think Amendola) but Brady was looking to go deeper and had a loss fumble.

In both games, Brady had enough time to March down the field.

It was an odd week for the MVP leaders. They either had meh stats or their team lost.
I have a gut feeling Rodgers will win it again

In the two losses, he has 6 TDs and 2 INTs. Avoiding a statistical disaster game goes a long way in an MVP campaign.

In the two losses, he has 6 TDs and 2 INTs. Avoiding a statistical disaster game goes a long way in an MVP campaign.
If he is the only Qb to throw 50 TDs, I don't see how he does not get it.

No way. He is not even really playing that great. In the game thye beat zona, He was not even part of the reason they won. In fact he would have been a lot of the reason they lost had they lost. Rodgers is not even top 5 in the vegas odds.

Rodgers would have to go gangbusters and I don't see it.

No, the poster child this year is Murray, Stafford, Dak, and Allen.

I have my doubts if Murray and the Cardinals are legit elite.

I always thought Stafford is a very good top 10 QB but elite and MVP? Hard to believe.

Dak missing games hurts his chance.

Allen. I think he is an up and down player. I don't think he can be consistently elite week in and week out.

Brady has and will have the stats to be MVP, but I only think he gets it if one of those players falters.

He's not getting mvp if it's close. The league is tired of him and it's the same reason the coaching award goes to someone 'fresh' most years.

He's not getting mvp if it's close. The league is tired of him and it's the same reason the coaching award goes to someone 'fresh' most years.

I’m not sure why people think this. Historically these are often decided by record and stats. Given that criteria, I think the only years Brady got jobbed on the MVP were:

2015: But the team crumbled down the stretch. It wasn’t really Tom’s issue with all the injuries, but Belichick kicking off in OT to the Jets and then pissing away the Miami game was the dagger. Brady was better than Newton, but Newton was 15-1 and had the RuShInG StAts too.

2016: The league/ Deflategate were most to blame. Brady did get a lot of MVP consideration despite playing 12 games. And Ryan did have a historically good season.

2017 was a bit of a makeup call, as it was far from Brady’s best season.

Outside of the total BS with Manning, I think the voters are generally consistent. I do think basing it on stats, with little regard to supporting cast and responsibility, is dumb. And passer rating as the main stat is also dumb. But the award is almost always decided by that. Get the #1 seed and be the most impressive on paper, and you’re likely to win.

No way. He is not even really playing that great. In the game thye beat zona, He was not even part of the reason they won. In fact he would have been a lot of the reason they lost had they lost. Rodgers is not even top 5 in the vegas odds.
Dude they're already saying that he propelled himself in the MVP race with that win over Arizona

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back