PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably, but you've got to admit that both Samuels and Davis are both much better receivers than the jags (minus JE11) Brady had his last few years in NE. Which isn't saying much.
Sure. I was just telling you why he's looked at as a lower money player. He's been a roller coaster ride, and a big disappointment considering his draft status.

Corey Davis Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

What's laughable is you thinking Gronk will put his body through abuse for only 5mil. Again if 5 mil is all it took he would have already been re-signed.

I think 8 million is good enough for him at this stage.

Lol. AB’s best days are clearly behind him I feel but he’s a very good route runner which might negate his lack of lost explosion.
AB came in mid season into a new system, only played 8 games and was used in a limited capacity. He still was on track for 966 yards. He had a 74% completion rate. Brady loves him. Evans and AB could have >1,000 yards + 10-15 TDs ea in 2021. Brady is throwing >55 TDs this season. Aerial assault. He wants to recreate 2007. I feel bad for the teams they face.

I was reading 'Tampa Bay Buccaneers Free Agency: Team can pay everyone' on FanSided for iOS and I thought you might be interested in reading it too.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers Free Agency: Team can pay everyone
That's some pretty wishful thinking in that article. No way Gronk signs a 1 year 4mil deal, just can't see that happening.

Just because he wants to play with Brady doesn't mean he wants to be way below market value. Gronk still blocks like a Tackle and can still catch the ball when schemed to do so, hence the 2 TD catches in the Superbowl.

I think 8 million is good enough for him at this stage.
I agree that 8 mill feels right. Maybe a 3 year extension with 16mil guaranteed, with the 3rd year being a voidable year.

Basically 16mil for 2 years with the 3rd year for spreading the cap hit.

AB came in mid season into a new system, only played 8 games and was used in a limited capacity. He still was on track for 966 yards. He had a 74% completion rate. Brady loves him. Evans and AB could have >1,000 yards + 10-15 TDs ea in 2021. Brady is throwing >55 TDs this season. Aerial assault. He wants to recreate 2007. I feel bad for the teams they face.
Yeah plus AB looked great when Evans left the last game of the season with the leg injury. Problem with AB is not trusting he will not be an idiot.

Having him as the 3rd best option is perfect because he is better than any other 3rd option in the league, but it isn't a critical loss if he goes crazy.

I think that's a fair approach. On the other hand, Brady might end up just pissing off every other QB in the league by deciding to change his goal to playing until at least 50, and racking up a few more Lombardis.

Funny rating because it could be true. The guy just keeps on raising the unreachable bar. Unbelievable.

Gronk's being on the bucs helped ease the pain of rooting for Brady on another team. I rooted for them all year and was really happy they beat the Chiefs.

But I'm not sure I want Brady and Gronk to win a 2nd super bowl with the Bucs. The selfish part of me doesn't want them to.

Gronk's being on the bucs helped ease the pain of rooting for Brady on another team. I rooted for them all year and was really happy they beat the Chiefs.

But I'm not sure I want Brady and Gronk to win a 2nd super bowl with the Bucs. The selfish part of me doesn't want them to.
What if they are playing the Steelers? Either the Bucs win back to back or the Steelers get #7. Hypothetically speaking.

That's some pretty wishful thinking in that article. No way Gronk signs a 1 year 4mil deal, just can't see that happening.

Just because he wants to play with Brady doesn't mean he wants to be way below market value. Gronk still blocks like a Tackle and can still catch the ball when schemed to do so, hence the 2 TD catches in the Superbowl.
It's not only this article, but also other Tampa journalist who keep on throwing around the 4 mil amount for Gronk like he is just a JAG and justify it by saying he only wants to play with Brady. It doesn't justify insulting him with a 60% discount low ball offer.

When he isn't out catching the ball, Gronk is in blocking like a top offensive tackle. When he is out catching, he is still a top 3 to 5 receiver behind Kelce and Kittle. If he was going for top dollar, I think he'd get at least 10 million. Yes I agree, he will likely stay at a discount of 8 million. I can see him getting a lower average if it's for 2 years at 15 million.

It's not only this article, but also other Tampa journalist who keep on throwing around the 4 mil amount for Gronk like he is just a JAG and justify it by saying he only wants to play with Brady. It doesn't justify insulting him with a 60% discount low ball offer.

When he isn't out catching the ball, Gronk is in blocking like a top offensive tackle. When he is out catching, he is still a top 3 to 5 receiver behind Kelce and Kittle. If he was going for top dollar, I think he'd get at least 10 million. Yes I agree, he will likely stay at a discount of 8 million. I can see him getting a lower average if it's for 2 years at 15 million.
I think they release Brate instead. Pats should pounce on him.

I also don't get the obsession with Tampa journalist and long time fans on David, Godwin, and Barrett. They want to keep them at any costs. Break the bank for them but offer peanuts to AB, Fournette, Gronk, Suh. The latter group played better and was more vital in the playoffs than the former.

Yes try to keep David at a reasonable price like what Hightower did for the Patriots. But all it takes is one team to offer way too much, in which case they need to let him go.

I can see franchising Godwin but they are so deep in WR/TE, they can let him go. It doesn't make sense to keep all of AB, Brate, OJ, Gronk if Godwin stays. Only one ball to go around.

Shaq is good but it's Vea that makes him better. Add Suh with Vea and the edges look like superstars. So let Shaq walk and get someone else at half price.

I think they release Brate instead. Pats should pounce on him.
That would be great but is Pat's willing to pay 6 or 7 million? Also Pat's could try for Humphries again.

I also don't get the obsession with Tampa journalist and long time fans on David, Godwin, and Barrett. They want to keep them at any costs. Break the bank for them but offer peanuts to AB, Fournette, Gronk, Suh. The latter group played better and was more vital in the playoffs than the former.

Yes try to keep David at a reasonable price like what Hightower did for the Patriots. But all it takes is one team to offer way too much, in which case they need to let him go.

I can see franchising Godwin but they are so deep in WR/TE, they can let him go. It doesn't make sense to keep all of AB, Brate, OJ, Gronk if Godwin stays. Only one ball to go around.

Shaq is good but it's Vea that makes him better. Add Suh with Vea and the edges look like superstars. So let Shaq walk and get someone else at half price.
Fully agree on Shaq. No defensive player outside of Aaron Donald and maybe Khalil Mack is worth 20mil a season.

Shaq at 14-15 mil a season is a no brained to keep. He is excellent in both the pass and run game. But Vea was the key to the Dline success.

If Shaq gets 20mil and wants it, they need to let him walk then watch him get cut 2 years later because he was grossly overpaid.

There are a lot of talented Edge rushers that can give similar production for half the cost.

David is the more difficult player to replace in that defense.

That would be great but is Pat's willing to pay 6 or 7 million? Also Pat's could try for Humphries again.
That's what Idk, is Bill gonna go "cheapo" even with $62M+ burning a hole in his pocket? TE is a huge need, can't trust the draft. $6-$7M isn't a lot for an experienced TE with good hands even though he was hardly targeted because there were too many weapons.

It's always very easy to spend someone else's money for them.

Shaq played very well in the playoffs. It's true that all scoring in SB was from AB/Gronk/Lenny. Godwin led in yards in the playoffs but caught only 50% of targets.

Truth is, everyone played well and the reason they want to keep team together to repeat. It's just not realistic.

Going to be really disappointed if Tampa pays Barrett 18-20 million per year.

I don't think they will, but it would be rough if they did that.

Of the big 3 FA, I try to keep David and Godwin 10/10 times.

At first I was thinking they'll just let Godwin walk. But then I started thinking about it more and more and I'm convinced they do everything they can to keep him. One of the biggest reasons Brady left New England for Tampa is to have good weapons to throw to. Miller and Johnson are nice pieces but let's be real here. You let Godwin walk, you're relying on Evans, Brown, Gronk, Howard. We know the issues with the latter three, and if Evans were to get hurt, that receiving corps suddenly looks rough.

Gronk won't have much of a market this year given the reduced cap, his age and injury history. No team is paying top dollar for a blocking TE who is also slow. I love Gronk but his days of commanding top dollar ended a couple of years ago. $6-8 mil seems about right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back