PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was productive because he was surrounded by stars all over the field with Brady as his QB. I am not sure any team would look at him and think he is a top 5 TE anymore. He is in the perfect situation in Tampa with Tom and Arians. I think resigning him at a reasonable contract is the least of their worries.
He can still a great all around TE. He can still get up the seam against most defenses, He is a great, great blocker. He can almost block speed rushers like a quality OT. He has great hands and size. That hasn't changed. He just can't single handily dominate games anymore. And he knows how to read defenses like Tom wants his TE to read defenses. He's worth the 7-8 million Tamp will pay him.

Gronk's being on the bucs helped ease the pain of rooting for Brady on another team. I rooted for them all year and was really happy they beat the Chiefs.

But I'm not sure I want Brady and Gronk to win a 2nd super bowl with the Bucs. The selfish part of me doesn't want them to.

Unless they play us in the Superbowl............ why not?

Gronk's being on the bucs helped ease the pain of rooting for Brady on another team. I rooted for them all year and was really happy they beat the Chiefs.

But I'm not sure I want Brady and Gronk to win a 2nd super bowl with the Bucs. The selfish part of me doesn't want them to.

What if Bucs play Jets/Dolphins/Bills in Superbowl?
What if Bucs play Chiefs again in SUperbowl?
What if Bucs play Colts in Superbowl?

Just figuring out which teams you'd rather support than Bucs.

Haven’t heard anything on Godwin. Will he be tagged tomorrow or someone else?

Godwin is getting tagged (as expected) per Schefter

Now the team needs to focus on extensions/restructures for some players and, hopefully, a long term deal for Godwin. That will free up the money that allows the team to approach the rest of its free agents with reasonable deals.

Now the team needs to focus on extensions/restructures for some players and, hopefully, a long term deal for Godwin. That will free up the money that allows the team to approach the rest of its free agents with reasonable deals.
I would think Brady deal is announced next.

Imagine if they get Odell? Haters will lose their collective minds!

Hopefully Bucs don't listen to him. Odell is a good idea on paper, but such a giant risk. They'd be gambling that he'll return to form after tearing his ACL. With Godwin tagged, that's 32m on the cap between just him and Evans.

Hopefully Bucs don't listen to him. Odell is a good idea on paper, but such a giant risk. They'd be gambling that he'll return to form after tearing his ACL. With Godwin tagged, that's 32m on the cap between just him and Evans.
No way it happens now that Godwin is tagged.

That might have been a backup option or possibly the team looked into that option and either the Browns weren't interested or the price was too high for a trade.

Only way it could happen is if OBJ was crazy and took a giant paycut to make it happen.

No way it happens now that Godwin is tagged.

That might have been a backup option or possibly the team looked into that option and either the Browns weren't interested or the price was too high for a trade.

Only way it could happen is if OBJ was crazy and took a giant paycut to make it happen.
OBJ just might to play with Brady.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back