PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if they are playing the Steelers? Either the Bucs win back to back or the Steelers get #7. Hypothetically speaking.

black and white what GIF

Gronk won't have much of a market this year given the reduced cap, his age and injury history. No team is paying top dollar for a blocking TE who is also slow. I love Gronk but his days of commanding top dollar ended a couple of years ago. $6-8 mil seems about right.
Maybe, but he was #10 in receiving yards (623 yds) and #6 in TDs (7) among TEs. He's probably top 2 in blocking. He played all 20 games. Also, he was hardly targeted in 3 of the 1st 4 games & it took him time to get back into football shape. He was more productive in the last 8 games. He should be better this season. Seems like he only wants to play for Tom anyway so who knows.

Maybe, but he was #10 in receiving yards (623 yds) and #6 in TDs (7) among TEs. He's probably top 2 in blocking. He played all 20 games. Also, he was hardly targeted in 3 of the 1st 4 games & it took him time to get back into football shape. He was more productive in the last 8 games. He should be better this season. Seems like he only wants to play for Tom anyway so who knows.
He was productive because he was surrounded by stars all over the field with Brady as his QB. I am not sure any team would look at him and think he is a top 5 TE anymore. He is in the perfect situation in Tampa with Tom and Arians. I think resigning him at a reasonable contract is the least of their worries.

He was productive because he was surrounded by stars all over the field with Brady as his QB. I am not sure any team would look at him and think he is a top 5 TE anymore. He is in the perfect situation in Tampa with Tom and Arians. I think resigning him at a reasonable contract is the least of their worries.
Spotrac has his MV at $8.5M.
He'd probably settle for $8M. He did have two tuddies in the SB.

Last edited:
AB came in mid season into a new system, only played 8 games and was used in a limited capacity. He still was on track for 966 yards. He had a 74% completion rate. Brady loves him. Evans and AB could have >1,000 yards + 10-15 TDs ea in 2021. Brady is throwing >55 TDs this season. Aerial assault. He wants to recreate 2007. I feel bad for the teams they face.

PFF had him like the seventh ranked WR the last 6 games

8 million is his market value he’ll for sure take less to stay he’s a bigger lock to stay than Godwin
I'm guessing Gronk felt good this year. He didn't look beat up. He got faster in the 2nd half of the season. I think he might want to play for 2 more years and if so, would be willing to take a little less. But if it is just for 1 year, I think 8 million is what he'll settle for.

I agree that he is in a good situation in Tampa where he doesn't have to be the guy. Too many times in NE, Gronk was just getting mauled as the focal point of the offense.

A Brady extension should clear up a chunk of cap space

A Brady extension should clear up a chunk of cap space

I look forward to getting a read on whether the extension if legit and normal, aspirational, fake, or some combination of that.

I look forward to getting a read on whether the extension if legit and normal, aspirational, fake, or some combination of that.

as long as it frees up cap space I don’t really care.

as long as it frees up cap space I don’t really care.
That plus 1 more real added year to reach his minimum goal of playing till he is 45. There will probably be an additional fake year to spread the cap further to 2023.

“I would love to come back to Tampa,” McCoy said. “A lot of people kinda misunderstood what took place between me and Tampa. They think it was he left or Tampa released him. Nah, there was more to it to that. All the issues I had with Tampa, we worked out last season when I was with Carolina. . . . There’s no bad blood. I talk to Jason Licht, I talk to the Glazers.”

Gerald McCoy would love Tampa return, expects to be full go for camp

It's LaConfora, so take it with the seriousness you feel that merits, but

So it says here, this contract extension will get done. The team could add three years to his deal, continue to pay him around the bargain rate he is making, and be well positioned to keep this thing going.

As one source put it, the thrust of this is about "doing what he can to help retain great players and build a foundation for more success." It's about creating a salary strata where other players in their prime can continue to cash in, with the team that drafted them, while Brady helps steward them to more deep playoff runs.

The above salary structure will continue to provide flexibility to the Bucs in the event that Father Time does in fact catch up to Brady at some point, though the avocado ice cream still seems to be doing the trick.

Why Tom Brady's career won't end at age 45: Contract extension will get done, and could add three more years

How good is McCoy still
Tough to say how he'll come back from that injury. He's a 33 year old DL, and coming back off of a ruptured Quad. I wouldn't trust him as a starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes