PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone hear the updated weather forecast for Sunday? That will play a big part in this game.

High of 29, low of 22, snow before the game (but not during it), winds 10 MPH. Probably around 25 degrees at kickoff. The coldest game the Bucs played all year was at NYG and WAS, in which the temp was around 38 degrees. The Packers played at home against Tennessee a few weeks ago with temperatures around 27.

High of 29, low of 22, snow before the game (but not during it), winds 10 MPH. Probably around 25 degrees at kickoff. The coldest game the Bucs played all year was at NYG and WAS, in which the temp was around 38 degrees. The Packers played at home against Tennessee a few weeks ago with temperatures around 27.
Won't be a factor.

Wind is the only factor that really matters that and rain
I always believe the more physical team has the advantage in cold or bad weather. The Bucs are the more physical team so the weather should be a plus for them.

I always believe the more physical team has the advantage in cold or bad weather. The Bucs are the more physical team so the weather should be a plus for them.
interesting, didn't realize it was going to be below freezing....Warm weather teams do not have a good history playing in cold weather, I would favor Tampa on a neutral site or even in a dome, now I'm not so sure.

Won't be a factor.
For Green Bay I agree, not sure about Tampa though as we've never seen them play in this type of weather before...I know Tom and Gronk have played in it before, but not sure about anyone else...that would worry me.

interesting, didn't realize it was going to be below freezing....Warm weather teams do not have a good history playing in cold weather, I would favor Tampa on a neutral site or even in a dome, now I'm not so sure.
I would agree if their Qb was not the best cold weather player of all time.

For Green Bay I agree, not sure about Tampa though as we've never seen them play in this type of weather before...I know Tom and Gronk have played in it before, but not sure about anyone else...that would worry me.

Correct, it's not just the QB...the receivers have to be able to play in that kind of weather too. And Brady hasn't played in this kind of weather in a while, so it would be interesting to see how long it takes his body to adjust...

edit: weather forecasts now say it will be a low of 18 degrees on Sunday.

Last edited:
Bucs in 2002 pretty much destroyed the warm weather team can't win in cold weather myth. Despite many hours of pre-gaming I remember it being fcking freezing that day at Veterans Stadium.

Warm weather teams don’t have a good history because they’re already disadvantaged being the road team. And in the postseason they have a worse history because they’re also the lower seed, which often means they aren’t as good as the the higher seed.

And these factors could both can apply to the Bucs too, but the cold weather itself doesn’t make much of a difference. Warm weather teams losing in cold weather, in this context, is more correlation than causation.

Correct, it's not just the QB...the receivers have to be able to play in that kind of weather too. And Brady hasn't played in this kind of weather in a while, so it would be interesting to see how long it takes his body to adjust...

Wow, thanks for the update Tommy

I don't think anyone is doing that.

Coaching matters - even Brady himself said great players need coaches. But the QB matters more than the coach. Peyton Manning took Jim Caldwell to a SB and Caldwell isn't what I'd call a good coach.
Well anytime people bring up BB's record with or without Brady, it kinda makes an assumption he has nothing to do with pats wins. Especially when talking about such a small subset of the time.

Warm weather teams don’t have a good history because they’re already disadvantaged being the road team. And in the postseason they have a worse history because they’re also the lower seed, which often means they aren’t as good as the the higher seed.
God help me, this is exactly what I was going to say.... any time a warm weather (or dome) team plays in cold weather in the playoffs they are, by definition, both on the road and the lower seed. In general, your lower seeded road teams do not win as often as the home team.

Is there an extra disadvantage going from warm weather to cold? Maybe, maybe not..... I am yet to see anything other than anecdotal evidence supporting the point though....

And these factors could both can apply to the Bucs too, but the cold weather itself doesn’t make much of a difference. Warm weather teams losing in cold weather, in this context, is more correlation than causation.
yikes. GB 8-0 vs Bucs in Cold Weather

Lmao, sure if the game was played at 3 am instead of the warmest part of the day 1 to 4 pm.

Your trolling is beyond pathetic.

Suh, JPP, Gholston, AB, Godwin, Tyler Johnson, Cameron Brate, Tom, Gronk, McCoy, SMB, Whitehead, Winfield Jr., among others all played in northern cities during college or NFL.

Unless there's a blizzard I doubt these players will be affected or lack motivation to win to reach the SB.

Lmao, sure if the game was played at 3 am instead of the warmest part of the day 1 to 4 pm.

Your trolling is beyond pathetic.

I wasn’t talking to you, moron. i was merely giving ashley an updated weather report since she asked.

Last edited:
Bucs in 2002 pretty much destroyed the warm weather team can't win in cold weather myth. Despite many hours of pre-gaming I remember it being fcking freezing that day at Veterans Stadium.
Bucs haven't won 13 games in a season since that 2002 season when they won it all (15 wins). They're at 13 now with a possible two to go. Temps in mid 20s isn't going to stop them from winning. Lack of execution will decide this game.

Suh, JPP, Gholston, AB, Godwin, Tyler Johnson, Cameron Brate, Tom, Gronk, McCoy, SMB, Whitehead, Winfield Jr., among others all played in northern cities during college or NFL.

Unless there's a blizzard I doubt these players will be affected or lack motivation to win to reach the SB.

I always find it funny when people think that every player on the Bucs is a born and bred Floridian. A large number of them are from Northern states and/or played football in snowy cities in college or the NFL. Snow is not going to be the reason why any team wins or loses. Wind/rain...sure. The “low” temperature? Not a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back