PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this guy can go and is effective, it will have more impact than the weather.

High of 29, low of 22, snow before the game (but not during it), winds 10 MPH. Probably around 25 degrees at kickoff. The coldest game the Bucs played all year was at NYG and WAS, in which the temp was around 38 degrees. The Packers played at home against Tennessee a few weeks ago with temperatures around 2Suh, JPP, Gholston, AB, Godwin, Tyler Johnson, Cameron Brate, Tom, Gronk, McCoy, SMB, Whitehead,
Unless there's a blizzard I doubt these players will be affected or lack motivation to win to reach the SB.

They know they’re so close to hosting a possible super bowl. They’re riding that wave with brady. They will be ready. I just hope they don’t get off to a slow start. A fast start would be nice for a change.

If this guy can go and is effective, it will have more impact than the weather.

Their best defensive player and not even being bold here

****ing crazy to think that, if Tampa wins 3 road playoff games, they’ll have a home game for the Super Bowl.

That’s their biggest motivation. I just hope bowles keeps playing aggressive defensively. Rams oddly when zone and got destroyed. Never seen such a pathetic performance couldn’t stop the run. Have to make the packers one dimensional.

That’s their biggest motivation. I just hope bowles keeps playing aggressive defensively. Rams oddly when zone and got destroyed. Never seen such a pathetic performance couldn’t stop the run. Have to make the packers one dimensional.
Packers won’t be able to run on the Bucs. That’s especially true if Vea is back. When playing Rodgers, you need to mix it up. Good mix of zone and man-based coverages. Show Cover-1 at the snap then drop into Cover-3 on occasion. Disguise. The thing with Rodgers is he loves the big play. Force him to be patient and drive the length of the field, and we’ve seen that he can become impatient at times. He’ll try to force the big throw which can lead to turnovers. As long as Brady and the offense don’t turn the ball over, commit to the ground game, and Bowles mixes it up, I think this has the opportunity to be another curb stomping akin to their first meeting.

This NFCCG is starting to feel like the 2018 AFCCG when our beloved Patriots went into a very loud and obnoxious frigid KC stadium and beat the #1 seed Chiefs with their #1 ranked offense in OT. Pats had a terrible 3-5 road record that year yet prevailed.

If the NFCCG is anywhere like that game, it'll be another TFB classic. Let's hope so.

****ing crazy to think that, if Tampa wins 3 road playoff games, they’ll have a home game for the Super Bowl.
  • Away game against a 7-9 team
  • Away game in one of the NFL’s toughest venues...no fans
  • Away game at one of the most iconic venues in sports...no fans
  • First time a team plays a Super Bowl at their home stadium...with no crowd advantage

• First time a team plays a Super Bowl at their home stadium...with no crowd advantage
3 out of only 4 teams to win 3 road playoff games went on to win SB. Only team that didn't, the Pats against Bears.

Saints had some fans there and IIRC the Packers had fans in the Divisional round. Not full capacity crowds, but enough to make some noise.

NFL Network just replayed the 2018 AFCCG at KC. They showed the presentation of the trophy to Kraft. I remembered that was the day Early Bird Bob got a HJ and BJ from Lulu and Mingbi. I don't give a f*ck what a man does with his spare time as long as its consentual but he looked ridiculous talking about how classy Lamar Hunt was. He needs to retire.

NFL Network just replayed the 2018 AFCCG at KC. They showed the presentation of the trophy to Kraft. I remembered that was the day Early Bird Bob got a HJ and BJ from Lulu and Mingbi. I don't give a f*ck what a man does with his spare time as long as its consentual but he looked ridiculous talking about how classy Lamar Hunt was. He needs to retire.

Is he still with Lulu though? I heard they really had something.

yikes. GB 8-0 vs Bucs in Cold Weather

Haha wtf why would that matter there prior QB that started couldn’t even beat out Tayaok Hill when Brees went down. This is the most useless stat of all time might as well find a bucs/Packer stat from the farve era.

Arians was also 1-7 vs Payton prior to the playoff game and Saints had swept the Bucs this year. Playoffs are a different animal especially when Brady is your QB.

Atleast for this one you can say 0-2 prior points to Peyton out coaching ariens. But the stat his said was meaningless

:haha::haha::haha:

Suh, JPP, Gholston, AB, Godwin, Tyler Johnson, Cameron Brate, Tom, Gronk, McCoy, SMB, Whitehead, Winfield Jr., among others all played in northern cities during college or NFL.

Unless there's a blizzard I doubt these players will be affected or lack motivation to win to reach the SB.

Weather is not going to be a factor because Brady is one of, if not the best, cold weather QB in NFL history.

yikes. GB 8-0 vs Bucs in Cold Weather

This article was prior to the Rams vs. GB game.

I'm sure that if they were discussing TB vs. GB, that Brady's record in cold weather would have factored into the conversation.

Some random Tampa thoughts on Tampa's D.

The defense in the playoffs has been pretty damn good. On the surface it doesn't look as great in some ways, but it really has been sensational and the best defense in these playoffs. Some people might point out they gave up 23 to Washington which was a badly rated offense, but I don't see it that way. Washington has a pretty damn good #1 WR, they have a decent OL and a decent RB tandem who together got nearly 1200 yards at around 4.5 YPA. The only reason they weren't a better team was QB play. That was the hole on their team. Then in walks Heinicke and he absolutely lights it up. I checked out parts of that game again recently, and came to the conclusion that no only did Heinicke play well, he played great. I would argue in that one game, he was near all pro level. People will talk down his performance and admonish the Bucs D, but the Bucs D played well.

They got pressure, they got him off his spot, the coverage windows were generally tight. It was just Heinicke making play after play. We need to remember that in any one game it is possible for a HOF QB to play like a JAG and JAG to play like a HOF in the NFL. Heinicke played up to that level in that game. He honestly looked a lot like a mix of Rodgers in Mahomes for that 60 minutes and played up to that kind of level. If he could reproduce that game 16 times with this team Washington would have gone 11-5 or 12-4. I would argue on that Sunday that is the quality of team the Bucs beat. It is also why it is so dangerous to play elite D's in the playoffs. You never know if this game is the game where the opposing QB is going to just put it all together for one great game. It just so happens that the Bucs had more talent overall and Brady was able to match. It also helped that Washington's D while good wasn't quite as good as their rankings suggested. Personally considering the quality of opposing QB play and how little time they had to prepare for his style, this was in my mind a B+ defensive game. It only isn't higher because WFT lacks pass catching weapon's after their #1 WR.

As for the Saints game, half of their 20 points came down to a kickoff return that put them in FG range, which the Bucs held off. And a trick play which caught them by surprise. Besides that they only allowed 10 points. Now you could argue Brees has nothing left, and I would say that is unfair. Brees has pretty much looked like he did that last game for at least the half of the season and on and off the past 3 years. It wasn't like Brees suddenly fell off a cliff that day. This is who he was, and the Saints made it work due to having fantastic weapons, a good OL and QB who could place the ball well with a solid scheme behind it. If this was so easy to do the Saints, why did no other team do it this year till the Bucs? The answer is that it isn't that easy. You could argue the Bears did something similar, but not really. The Saints only truly had 8 drives in which they were looking to score and one had a missed FG and the other had a fumble that wasn't on Brees. In the Bucs game the Saints were looking to score on 10 drives and were gifted an easy 3 off the bat that the Bucs did well not to turn into 7, and they had to pull out their ace in the hole trick to play to get another 7. But the Bucs should have been more disciplined. I would say it is more like the Bucs D held this same offense half those points on more drives while generating turnovers. I feel like people are shrugging it off like 'of course they could do that, Brees sucks!' when no other team this year has made Brees and that offense look so bad. Literally it was their lowest point total of the year and the Bucs STs spotted them 3.

When you look at how this D has played in these playoff how can you not feel confident in their ability to in some way limit GB? Not stop, but give their offense a good chance to out score them. Here is a hot take and I will stand by it. Heinicke and the way he played has helped prepare them for Rodgers and he played about as well as Rodgers will this Sunday, probably better. That isn't an insult to Rodgers, it is facing the reality of how good Heinicke was THAT ONE GAME. I think this D has played really sensational these playoffs and they are going to somehow surprise people when they aren't blown off the field on Sunday by 35 points.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back