PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not worried about the O. The D is the scary part. They cannot play that stupid soft zone.
I agree, they need to be agressive on D. That’s their identity. They need to bring pressure.

But i am not confident in a DC that played single coverage against Hill for almost a half.

I am going to enjoy the heck out of this week and the build up to NO/ Tampa.

Another prime time game for Brady. He got it over Mahomes/Baker to boot. Pretty special at his age.

Could be Brees's last game too.

Brady was one of the BEST deep throwers in the entire NFL in 2020.

???

His inability to be consistent on deep throws and throws outside the numbers is one of the reasons they have been playing during wildcard weekend, but whatever floats your boat or makes your narrative work. Missed connections and turnovers are literally what lost them pretty much all of the games against stronger opponents.

On the flipside, if they can actually for once stop forcing this low-percentage **** and instead exploit more between the numbers stuff -- the place Brady is still pretty good at -- it should reduce the probability for turnovers. Then set up 2-3 shots in a game after you have made the defense starts cheating towards the short/intermediate stuff and they have a chance to beat anyone in the NFC.

It is maddening that they are wasting that much offensive talent on low percentage throws.

???

His inability to be consistent on deep throws and throws outside the numbers is one of the reasons they have been playing during wildcard weekend, but whatever floats your boat or makes your narrative work. Missed connections and turnovers are literally what lost them pretty much all of the games against stronger opponents.

On the flipside, if they can actually for once stop forcing this low-percentage **** and instead exploit more between the numbers stuff -- the place Brady is still pretty good at -- it should reduce the probability for turnovers. Then set up 2-3 shots in a game after you have made the defense starts cheating towards the short/intermediate stuff and they have a chance to beat anyone in the NFC.

It is maddening that they are wasting that much offensive talent on low percentage throws.

I've watched every game of theirs. He has been money on long balls. Deadly accurate. The analysis by the bean counters is right on target. And this doesn't even take into account all the downfield DPIs on perfectly thrown balls.

The media is still raging about bad calls against the Redskins, and the really weird thing about it is that the refs hit the Bucs much worse.

For one, they're complaining about a PI that wasn't called. The announcers slowed it down in replay and called it PI, but it was a bang-bang play where the CB got there a split second too early. PI isn't called there 90% of the time.

Then the announcers focused on a holding call where 3 blockers surrounded N. Suh. But that wasn't where the hold was called. It was called against the RT blocking against Tampa's #58, and you could see 58 slice through the line only to get held up while the RT has his arm extended to his back. You can't see the hold on TV from the side camera angle but if the lineman has a grab of #58s shirt and is preventing him from getting to the QB, then the back judge has a perfect view of it, and that's where the flag was thrown.

And the only bad call I saw was the fumble that wasn't given to the Bucs. I have no idea why that wasn't called a fumble.

But again the narrative is that the NFL wants Brady to advance so the media will stick to it.

I've watched every game of theirs. He has been money on long balls. Deadly accurate. The analysis by the bean counters is right on target. And this doesn't even take into account all the downfield DPIs on perfectly thrown balls.
He had a stretch before their bye that he wasnt connecting but hes been so much better since that his season numbers still are very good

I don't know what games you have watched but I have seen many overthrows, inexplicable interceptions and completions where he got bailed out by amazing catches. Or in other words the same stuff you have seen from Brady for most of his career when it comes to deep balls.

Some are perfect, some are inaccurate to the point where it comes to the receiver to make a big play and some are straight trash. Which is pretty much the definition of inconsistent.

I don't know what games you have watched but I have seen many overthrows, inexplicable interceptions and completions where he got bailed out by amazing catches. Or in other words the same stuff you have seen from Brady for most of his career when it comes to deep balls.

Some are perfect, some are inaccurate to the point where it comes to the receiver to make a big play and some are straight trash. Which is pretty much the definition of inconsistent.

The deep ball is a "pretty play" but I don't get Arians obsession with it. It's a low percentage play. Sure if you hit it you pick up a huge chunk. If you miss you are in 2nd and long or 3rd and long

Brady won 6 Superbowls with short and intermediate passes. Plus with a defense like the Bucs you do not want to score quickly and give Brees the ball back

In regards to Brady's deep ball he's been top 5-8 imo, somewhere in that range. Easily top 10 in a year of pretty decent passers. I think the problem is, like in most cases. Most are only watching Brady or this st¡tshow so it's tough to gage how accurate opinions are.

Just speaking this year from what I've watched.
I'd go Mahomes, Rodgers, Allen, Wilson, Herbert, Watson, Murray, Brady, Stafford, Carr, Ryan, Mayfield, Jackson, Rivers and Cousins. I think the top 5 is a little debatable but Brady is right there after that.

It's been a tough year for him between the clown show that was Arians & Leftwich. New team & offense. Running game/RB rec etc That said Brady has been a top 5-7 QB imo. In no order Rodgers, Allen, Mahomes, Watson, Brady, Wilson then Carr, Tannehill, Murray, Brees, Jackson and Herbert.

It sux but I can take a few years of losing after being spoiled for decades. It's nice to still be able to root for 12 though. If Tampa wins Sunday Tom will have more wins against NFC teams than Brees, career-wise.

Oh, stop. He led the league on completed balls over 20 yards. At 43. In a new offensive system for the first time in 20 years. With no real training camp.

I'm watching the games all the experts are watching who have said that he is the best this year at throwing the deep ball. The analysis coincides perfectly with my assessment.

???

Heinicke apparently played with a separated left shoulder. Kid is tough as nails.

holy s***!!!

A separated/dislocated shoulder is incredibly painful.. so painful its nearly impossible to play on

Heinicke was playing out of his mind last night... showed tons of guts

One of the differences between Brady and most of the other QBs listed above is that almost all of his deep passes are on schedule vs finding them after a scramble. Seems like a bunch of the deep throws made by someone like Wilson are on broken plays to Metcalf where he ends up wide open deep so his level of accuracy and fear of an INT are much different than Brady who is almost always throwing it to someone who is being covered.

Brady kicked one of the NFL's top defenses butt with 380 yds. I admit Brady missed some tackles and he didnt defend the pass very well. He obviously sucks

Bucs also had like a million and a half dropped balls, they were consistently dropping balls and letting Brady down for nearly 3 full quarters

I am not worried about the O. The D is the scary part. They cannot play that stupid soft zone.
The O has been playing lights out since their bye week. It is definitely SB caliber. They had over 500 yards against a top 5 defense.

But can Tampa O play lights out for 3 more games against very good D? Possibly but I don't think it is enough to win the SB unless the D steps it up a notch and at least be above average. There is enough talent on the D to be much better.

In Brady's 9 SB appearances, the NE D was always good to elite.

Dear God I'm going to be RICH!
The 3 point spread is given for home field advantage which is not an advantage this year due to no fans. So it's a coin toss.

Saints have the better coaching but TB has the better QB. So that's a push.

I give the edge to TB as they have more talent and potential. They have really started to hit their stride.

The deep ball is so overrated and dependent on the receiver so much more than the QB, which is why Brady’s “limits” prior to 2020 have always been hog wash. How strange that with Randy Moss, Josh Gordon, and other big, fast downfield receivers his “accuracy” suddenly improved but most of his career hasn’t featured that type of receiver.

Go to your back yard. Lob a tennis ball high in the air and try to come close to hitting a spot on the ground fifty-feet...you’ll come very close each time. Then take that ball and zero in on a target twenty-five feet in front of you...something like a tree at exactly the height of your head. It’s really that easy to see why deep passes take much less skill than intermediate ones.

Lobbing a football 40 yards in the air is closer to a special teams play like an onside kick just requiring a lot of luck on split second route adjustments at the end. And the further downfield the throw, the more subject is becomes to chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes