PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

****ING PREACH Stephen A. God ****ing damn if this isnt how every Pats fan should feel. Bill is straight up trolling with this group of offensive skill players.

Brady would not be having this season with the patriots. We would be talking about if brady is washed as he struggles game after game

not if we got AB for the minimum with Grank back but than again getting talented recovers is not something we’re interested in

Much love PB12 but:

1) OL has lowest sack rate in the league
2) It's pretty clear Arians has been willing to adapt to accommodate the GOAT
3) Bucs have a top 3 defense making Bucs one of most complete teams in NFL.

Please admit you were wrong about Gronk. He just needed a little time to get NFL game ready. I see him getting even better as the season goes on with TB12 getting more comfortable with the WRs and AB coming in.
Anyone bagging that defense shouldn’t be take seriously they’ve had the best run defense the last two years. Something like top 5 in the modern era in rush defense that you add there pass rush with there two corners.

they gave the best defense of all the NFC contenders

It was supposed to be harsh against Kraft, not Belichick. Belichick does everything possible to win and is the best coach in the league. But he's a coach, not a player, and certainly not the greatest player ever. If Belichick and Brady were at odds and there was no way to save the relationship, it's up to the owner to choose which guy remains and which guy goes. I thought it was beyond absurd that every pundit would just say that, because of Brady's age, you have to choose Belichick. No way...

We'll see if Belichick coaches for another 8-12 years. If Brady plays 4-5 more seasons, even that 8-12 is a terrible value return.

Hey, before this season, we heard all about how having the GOAT coach means that the team will always be competitive, that the dropoff at QB will never be that bad because of smart offensive philosophy, how the team would always show tremendous heart and never stop playing hard. How they had a huge built-in advantage due to having superior coaching. That stuff is pretty much bunk and it's time to start facing some realities. Coaching isn't magic. It can give minor advantages, but it doesn't take an otherwise 7-win roster and make them 12-4. Tom Brady does that.

we seriously had fools thinking coaching is the end all be all, ****ing pathetic. Why can BB “system” turn cam into the star he once was

Very happy for him. I was sick of hearing about how he was losing it. He is looking awesome and as determined as I've ever seen him.
I can't help but feel like the ex-husband who was left for for a sexier, younger man. Color me bitter.

I can't help but feel like the ex-husband who was left for for a sexier, younger man. Color me bitter.

But, back when you were together, you told her that you were only going to stay married to her for a few more months, and then you'd go looking for another woman.

Much love PB12 but:

1) OL has lowest sack rate in the league
2) It's pretty clear Arians has been willing to adapt to accommodate the GOAT
3) Bucs have a top 3 defense making Bucs one of most complete teams in NFL.

Please admit you were wrong about Gronk. He just needed a little time to get NFL game ready. I see him getting even better as the season goes on with TB12 getting more comfortable with the WRs and AB coming in.
Respect...

1) Sack rate is one thing. Brady makes a lot of sub par OLines look good because he gets the ball out. But sack rate doesn't tell the whole story. They've played three teams with a good pass rush and Brady took a beating in two of those games. The Bears, in particular, nearly killed him and they lost a game they had no business losing almost directly because of the Bears pass rush. Their LT is good at times and bad at times. When the OL keeps him clean, you get Las Vegas numbers. When they don't, you get Chicago numbers. Even the Packers gave them trouble in the second half, and Brady's second half numbers dipped as a result. Good thing they couldn't stop the run.

2) Arians has adapted somewhat and that's great. You had to expect they'd allow for Brady to run some of his favorite stuff. They'd have been stupid not to. But that's only one part of coaching. Can he keep the Bucs disciplined for a stretch of games? That remains to be seen. History says no. They're still among the leaders in penalties even after the past two clean games. Things are trending positively, however, which is good. Likewise, can he outcoach the other guy when the chips are stacked against him and maybe Brady is not having his best game? That remains to be seen. I certainly am not sold on him just yet.

3) Again with the stats? Yes, the defense is very good. Their front 7 is nasty! But they're young. As such, they're prone to giving up a lot of big plays every game. And they've not yet become a consistent group. Against top teams, that's what you worry about. They are aggressive, athletic and FAST. But they're still learning. I will say I'm sold on Bowles as a DC and they should become better and better as the season goes on (provided the key guys stay healthy).

As far as Gronk, I was on record as saying I felt he should have stayed retired. As a huge fan who throughly enjoyed his prime and believe him to be the best TE of all-time, I still feel that way. Is he as washed as I thought, no. So at least on that front, I absolutely can say I was wrong. Do I believe he can consistently play the way he's been playing, though? I have to honestly say I don't think I do. I hope I'm wrong. I hope Gronk makes me look stupid because that would mean he's balling out. But we'll have to wait and see. But I do feel some of his success will be dictated by the guys around him more so than his own prowess.

But respect to you, venecol. I tend to go more by what I'm seeing in the games than on statistics, personally. Maybe all this will be moot as guys get healthier and if AB can just play football (remains to be seen). But I do thank you for sharing your thoughts on my post, bro!

Respect...

1) Sack rate is one thing. Brady makes a lot of sub par OLines look good because he gets the ball out. But sack rate doesn't tell the whole story. They've played three teams with a good pass rush and Brady took a beating in two of those games. The Bears, in particular, nearly killed him and they lost a game they had no business losing almost directly because of the Bears pass rush. Their LT is good at times and bad at times. When the OL keeps him clean, you get Las Vegas numbers. When they don't, you get Chicago numbers. Even the Packers gave them trouble in the second half, and Brady's second half numbers dipped as a result. Good thing they couldn't stop the run.

2) Arians has adapted somewhat and that's great. You had to expect they'd allow for Brady to run some of his favorite stuff. They'd have been stupid not to. But that's only one part of coaching. Can he keep the Bucs disciplined for a stretch of games? That remains to be seen. History says no. They're still among the leaders in penalties even after the past two clean games. Things are trending positively, however, which is good. Likewise, can he outcoach the other guy when the chips are stacked against him and maybe Brady is not having his best game? That remains to be seen. I certainly am not sold on him just yet.

3) Again with the stats? Yes, the defense is very good. Their front 7 is nasty! But they're young. As such, they're prone to giving up a lot of big plays every game. And they've not yet become a consistent group. Against top teams, that's what you worry about. They are aggressive, athletic and FAST. But they're still learning. I will say I'm sold on Bowles as a DC and they should become better and better as the season goes on (provided the key guys stay healthy).

As far as Gronk, I was on record as saying I felt he should have stayed retired. As a huge fan who throughly enjoyed his prime and believe him to be the best TE of all-time, I still feel that way. Is he as washed as I thought, no. So at least on that front, I absolutely can say I was wrong. Do I believe he can consistently play the way he's been playing, though? I have to honestly say I don't think I do. I hope I'm wrong. I hope Gronk makes me look stupid because that would mean he's balling out. But we'll have to wait and see. But I do feel some of his success will be dictated by the guys around him more so than his own prowess.

But respect to you, venecol. I tend to go more by what I'm seeing in the games than on statistics, personally. Maybe all this will be moot as guys get healthier and if AB can just play football (remains to be seen). But I do thank you for sharing your thoughts on my post, bro!

As for Gronk, I worry about him staying healthy. You can see he is feeling the hits.

But I'm not worried about Brady getting hit behind that Bucs OL. Against Chicago, both Godwin and Evans were hurt, and Brady was searching for someone to go to. Second half against the Packers with a big lead, I am not very concerned because Brady tends to hold onto the ball and look for the safe pass in those situations.

I see the Bucs offense breaking out here in 2012 New England style (that was the year that Brady had both TEs healthy and 2 really good WRs, and they were unstoppable).

Imagine if they haven't been banged up the majority of these season! If Evans gets right and Godwin continues to find his stride, Brady will legitimately have four receivers (if AB comes back in true form) who can stretch the field and take the top off the D. In '07, it was really only Moss with some Stallworth sprinkled in.

As for Gronk, I worry about him staying healthy. You can see he is feeling the hits.

But I'm not worried about Brady getting hit behind that Bucs OL. Against Chicago, both Godwin and Evans were hurt, and Brady was searching for someone to go to. Second half against the Packers with a big lead, I am not very concerned because Brady tends to hold onto the ball and look for the safe pass in those situations.

I see the Bucs offense breaking out here in 2012 New England style (that was the year that Brady had both TEs healthy and 2 really good WRs, and they were unstoppable).
We'll see. But with the guys on the perimeter, I'm hoping Brady goes back to releasing the ball super fast and Arians doesn't fall in love with the whole "no risk it, no biscuit" insanity. Brady is proving he can chuck it deep, but I still don't want to see that become the primary thing he's being asked to do.

Respect...

Great post. I too worry about Gronk. It felt like they may of been easing him in, or maybe they didn't want to use him too much early. If he keeps going like this he'll be injured by the playoffs. The O-line thing is above my pay grade but it seems he always has decent Olines so I'll say he knows exactly what he wants and they are coming together. He protects them and they max protect and play action to protect him. Long season still and all this media hype will go to their heads if that coach doesn't keep them composed. I'm sure TB will remind everyone that you don't win the SB in week 7.

A bit controversial warning...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference