PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh so now we are just gonna forget Bill signed Antonio Brown?

Literally had people making comparisons to 2007 when Brown got signed

View attachment 29103

Was asked to refrain from doing one thing and he couldn't.

Just for one second imagine Brown didn't idiotically add that women to the group text and the OL doesn't get ravaged by injuries.

Really don't think anyone would be saying "Bill f**ked Brady". They might be talking about #7

For 2 days the Patriots had three 1500 yard WRs plus the reigning Super Bowl MVP. And dreams of Gronk coming back in week 10 danced in our heads o_O

I remember commenting that if things worked out the Patriots theoretically had the best offense in history... or if things didn't work out we would have nothing. Things didn't work out.

Now Brady has an even more loaded offense :excited:

Godwin is out with a broken index finger. Expected to be back week 9.

I don't blame Brady for moving on. He made every attempt to secure his future here and Bill not only wouldn't sign him but gave him garbage to play with. Tyler Johnson a 5th rounder looks better than Harry has by 20X but people wanted to say it was Tom for getting on the kids. In The Dynasty he was all over Gronk in those early months until it clicked. Now the guy will follow him anywhere.

If people don't want to root for Brady that's fine I get it. But some of the misery seekers piling on after week one have to be pretty disappointed. I hope they win the SB. BTW as a side note I think it would be epically funny if the Bills do win the division to see them make it to the SB only for their all time nemesis to be waiting there for them.
We shouldn't blame bb for Tom leaving either. We all know that he leaves players early rather than late. We know he doesn't hold on to sentiments. And that he is a defensive genius but delegates the offence to others. So who is to blame?

Offensive coaches whose heads got to big and thought Brady was nothing special for their success.

Offensive coaches and scouts who should have drafted better and more skill position. They wasted their 2 pick the last 5 years. They could have done much better with their 1st picks on Sony and Harry.

Ultimately, the blame is on Kraft. The guy who calls Brady like a son. If he really felt that way, he should have overruled BB and given the number of years Tom wanted. Didn't Jonathan say that Brady can stay as long as he wants?

But lucky for Brady that he left cause the skill position is just bad. We started seeing it in 2018 with inconsistent passing this became a primarily running team. With Tom NE would still be a 7 to 9 win team and not a serious threat for a SB. For NE, it has been Superbowl or bust. So what would have been the point but to delay a rebuild. NE needs a rebuild.

In the meantime, we can continue to enjoy the show of TB in TB and a side for Gronk.

View attachment 29103

Just for one second imagine Brown didn't idiotically add that women to the group text and the OL doesn't get ravaged by injuries.

Really don't think anyone would be saying "Bill f**ked Brady". They might be talking about #7

Last year‘s offense at what point had:

Antonio Brown
Demaryius Thomas
Josh Gordon
Julian Edelman
N’Keal Harry (promising first round rookie)
Jakobi Meyers (promising rookie)
James White
Sony Michel (promising breakout star to-be)

Based on name reputation, it was stacked, though most of these guys peaked closer to 2015. Of course, Bill clearly knew that the shiny names weren’t as great as they appeared with a declining Gordon, Edelman, and Thomas, which is why he wanted Brown.

Bill traded for AB and then didn’t release him (Kraft did.) The meddling owner once again meddled in team affairs with disastrous consequences.

Belichick then overpaid for Sanu. No one should question Bill‘s efforts last season. He attempted to fix the mess. Of course, the mess was caused by both fruitless drafts and failing to address tight ends. I would point to two horrible failed transactions, both of which the Patriots outbid the other team but the players said they’d already accepted a contract, Jared Cook and Adam Humphries. Pretty crappy there by the Pats and presumably Belichick.

Last edited:
I can’t wait to see AB active and playing...Tompa is providing epic entertainment just like where the Brady Patriots left off. The NFL needs Tom Brady.

LOL. Sure you didn't Tom.
I agree with you SB1!!! Brady calling all the shots in Tampa. His head is getting bigger every week and at some point it may just bite him.

I agree with you SB1!!! Brady calling all the shots in Tampa. His head is getting bigger every week and at some point it may just bite him.

Yeah...Tom Brady doesn’t know how to deal with ego, power, and fame. He’s in over his head with his newfound superstardom.

Of course you do... :rofl:

I think part of the reason Brady left is that he wanted more say in NE and wasn't getting it. For years NE offense ran smooth like butter and probably one reason it started sputtering is that they started to tune him out. Like, it's obvious that he didn't like N Keal Harry and a main reason is he is a lousy route runner. So did they draft him for Brady or for the next guy Stidham?

With all the injuries at wr/te and arians loosy goosy no risk it no biscuit. It is good that they have listened to Brady or that offence would be sputtering like at the beginning of the season.

Yes, I agree with others that watching TB offense is like watching NE teams when they had the talent. The defence too seems to be so clutch with key interceptions and sacks like the NE 2018 defense.

I don't blame Brady for moving on. He made every attempt to secure his future here and Bill not only wouldn't sign him but gave him garbage to play with. Tyler Johnson a 5th rounder looks better than Harry has by 20X but people wanted to say it was Tom for getting on the kids. In The Dynasty he was all over Gronk in those early months until it clicked. Now the guy will follow him anywhere.

If people don't want to root for Brady that's fine I get it. But some of the misery seekers piling on after week one have to be pretty disappointed. I hope they win the SB. BTW as a side note I think it would be epically funny if the Bills do win the division to see them make it to the SB only for their all time nemesis to be waiting there for them.

View attachment 29103

Brown might have been Moss if he had training camp with the Patriots and played the entire season. Gordon might have been Stallworth if he actually played the year. You also forget they had Watson and Brady at TE and 2019 they had next to nothing. Bill didn't prioritize the WR position and other than Branch and Edelman (I'll give credit for Mitchell as well) hasn't been able to draft for it either.

There is zero comparison between 07 and 19.

Brilliant observation Rookie

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference