PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta say for Brady's sake, I don't like the hype. Wish the Bucs had a Rodney Harrison on that team.

But, back when you were together, you told her that you were only going to stay married to her for a few more months, and then you'd go looking for another woman.
I never said chit. If I said anything, I said we'd be together forever. From my armchair, he was the one that didn't want to be here. Him and that goddam Gronk. So, yes, I definitely said if you don't want to be here, get out, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. Doesn't change the fact that I am sitting here with a guy more worried about his stupid hats than winning football games.

I never said chit. If I said anything, I said we'd be together forever. From my armchair, he was the one that didn't want to be here. Him and that goddam Gronk. So, yes, I definitely said if you don't want to be here, get out, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. Doesn't change the fact that I am sitting here with a guy more worried about his stupid hats than winning football games.

Coming off 3 fantastic seasons and a Super Bowl victory, the Patriots offered him a one year contract below pay. Then started a media campaign against him (I have no reason to distrust the people like Curran who quoted assistant coaches who said Brady was mediocre now).

That was basically telling Brady he was year to year from then on.

Brady had more confidence in himself and his play. The Patriots didn't believe he could do it anymore. They thought he'd lost it. This is why they didn't want to secure his place in New England.

He is going to play for at least 3 more years beyond that contract offer (last year, this year & next). They thought they couldn't commit to him for more than 1.

He thought he had AT LEAST 3 left, and in the end, Brady is the one who was right about that.

Coming off 3 fantastic seasons and a Super Bowl victory, the Patriots offered him a one year contract below pay. Then started a media campaign against him (I have no reason to distrust the people like Curran who quoted assistant coaches who said Brady was mediocre now).

That was basically telling Brady he was year to year from then on.

Brady had more confidence in himself and his play. The Patriots didn't believe he could do it anymore. They thought he'd lost it. This is why they didn't want to secure his place in New England.

He is going to play for at least 3 more years beyond that contract offer (last year, this year & next). They thought they couldn't commit to him for more than 1.

He thought he had AT LEAST 3 left, and in the end, Brady is the one who was right about that.
Just focusing on this one part, I remember Curran (if I'm not mistaking) was also the one who reported that many in the facility (coaching staff) believed they could have won the most recent SB's and future ones with just about anyone at QB. That sentiment has aged well, huh?

What makes me lean on the Brady side of the argument Bill vs Tom is that when I look at the bucs this year and particularly the last 2 games, it looks like a lot like the Patriots offense we know. And it is disturbing.

the bucs looks like a typical Patriots offense and the patriots looks worse than the jets.

So then Bill gets full credit for the last SB? Brady really did nothing aside from 1 throw to Gronk. It was his defense that shutdown the Rams offense. It was his defense that kept Mahomes confused for a half. Brady it could be argued threw that game away if it wasn't for an offside and also had another pick in the end zone that took 7 off the board.

I mean these are the arguments that will be made, Pats fans should just accept it took both to have 20 years of dominance

Also recency bias shouldn't be swaying anyone's opinion, especially this season.

Brady walked into a team where Jameis Winston threw for 5k yards and was #2 in TD passes last year. Jameis. Winston.. I don't think many here said Brady couldn't still do it, just that it wasn't gonna be with the Pats given the glaring need to rebuild the skills poistions

Belichick was up against with the cap in FA, then had a bunch of guys opt-out. Then has had covid already effect the season in a big way. Not to mention his QB's play is a huge reason for it and it's hard to put that on Bill. I mean not much Bill can do when Harry is open in the middle of the field and Newton doesn't see it or throw it. It's why he should tank the season, trade players for picks and try to get Lawrence or Fields

I don't blame Brady for moving on. He made every attempt to secure his future here and Bill not only wouldn't sign him but gave him garbage to play with. Tyler Johnson a 5th rounder looks better than Harry has by 20X but people wanted to say it was Tom for getting on the kids. In The Dynasty he was all over Gronk in those early months until it clicked. Now the guy will follow him anywhere.

If people don't want to root for Brady that's fine I get it. But some of the misery seekers piling on after week one have to be pretty disappointed. I hope they win the SB. BTW as a side note I think it would be epically funny if the Bills do win the division to see them make it to the SB only for their all time nemesis to be waiting there for them.

Just focusing on this one part, I remember Curran (if I'm not mistaking) was also the one who reported that many in the facility (coaching staff) believed they could have won the most recent SB's and future ones with just about anyone at QB. That sentiment has aged well, huh?

Are you implying the 2020 Patriots and 2018 & 2016 Patriots are the same exact team just minus Brady, plus Newton?

Are you implying the 2020 Patriots and 2018 & 2016 Patriots are the same exact team just minus Brady, plus Newton?
Of course I'm not... but if you have that much faith in your system, then it shouldn't matter. None of those guys, I'm sure, were saying they felt they'd be better if they only lost Brady and everyone else stayed the same. NFL teams are different every single season, including during Brady's tenure. They were expressing faith in the system, and taking into account the players currently on the team, the system is proving to not be enough. I'd even go so far as to say it kind of showed last season even with Brady. You need talented guys, and Brady was your single most talented guy, but you (not you) tried to pretend he was not.

Last edited:

That's what I was referring to.

I sincerely doubt that someone as plugged in as Curran just made that up.

Huge changes on defense between 2018 and 2020.

BUT--remember our offensive weapons in 2018 were Edelman, Burkhead and James White. Gronk was hobbled and stayed into block (I admit I'd rather have a hobbled Gronk than Izzo).

So--Huge changes on D, the offense looks largely the same.

Of course I'm not... but if you have that much faith in your system, then it shouldn't matter. None of those guys, I'm sure, were saying they felt they'd be better if they only lost Brady and everyone else stayed the same. NFL teams are different every single season, including during Brady's tenure. They were expressing faith in the system, and taking into account the players currently on the team, the system is proving to not be enough. I'd even go so far as to say it kind of showed last season even with Brady.
Brady was the system. That much has been clearly evident this season. The Bucs look like the Pats, getting better every week. Offense more and more in sync. While the Pats look like the Bucs.

So then Bill gets full credit for the last SB? Brady really did nothing aside from 1 throw to Gronk. It was his defense that shutdown the Rams offense. It was his defense that kept Mahomes confused for a half. Brady it could be argued threw that game away if it wasn't for an offside and also had another pick in the end zone that took 7 off the board.

I mean these are the arguments that will be made, Pats fans should just accept it took both to have 20 years of dominance

Also recency bias shouldn't be swaying anyone's opinion, especially this season.

Brady walked into a team where Jameis Winston threw for 5k yards and was #2 in TD passes last year. Jameis. Winston.. I don't think many here said Brady couldn't still do it, just that it wasn't gonna be with the Pats given the glaring need to rebuild the skills poistions

Belichick was up against with the cap in FA, then had a bunch of guys opt-out. Then has had covid already effect the season in a big way. Not to mention his QB's play is a huge reason for it and it's hard to put that on Bill. I mean not much Bill can do when Harry is open in the middle of the field and Newton doesn't see it or throw it. It's why he should tank the season, trade players for picks and try to get Lawrence or Fields

Brady was fantastic in the postseason of 2018. Are you really saying he only threw one pass?

Do you know what his offensive weapons were? Edelman, Burkhead, James White.

We put up 37 points. On the road. At KC. One of the hardest places to play. Sheesh.

Huge changes on defense between 2018 and 2020.

BUT--remember our offensive weapons in 2018 were Edelman, Burkhead and James White. Gronk was hobbled and stayed into block (I admit I'd rather have a hobbled Gronk than Izzo).

So--Huge changes on D, the offense looks largely the same.

Using the last 5 games, "Hobbled" Gronk would be on pace for 860 yards receiving while also being an elite blocker. You better take that over Izzo :p

Brady is on pace to shatter what Winston did for TD passes last year while throwing 90% less ints than Winston.

Brady was the system. That much has been clearly evident this season. The Bucs look like the Pats, getting better every week. Offense more and more in sync. While the Pats look like the Bucs.
I don't think I could ever swing that far as to say Brady was the system because I do believe BB is the greatest coach in any sport I've ever seen, and he really is the architect of the culture we've seen over 21 seasons. However, anyone who thinks that Brady didn't make BB's life a whole lot easier or anyone who chooses not to believe that Brady made a whole lot of other players and coaches a lot of money (some undeservedly so) is sadly mistaking... or just sad. Lol Brady masked a whole lot of deficiencies and made up for a whole lot of mistakes during his time in NE. Those draft blunders, for one, were a lot less pronounced during his time here. And to your point, he's doing it again in TB. He is the GOAT for a reason.

Bill not only wouldn't sign him but gave him garbage to play with.

Oh so now we are just gonna forget Bill signed Antonio Brown?

Literally had people making comparisons to 2007 when Brown got signed

8dd36515b6ea2a4814d30be6c5cb29b8.jpg

Was asked to refrain from doing one thing and he couldn't.

Just for one second imagine Brown didn't idiotically add that women to the group text and the OL doesn't get ravaged by injuries.

Really don't think anyone would be saying "Bill f**ked Brady". They might be talking about #7

Brady is on pace to shatter what Winston did for TD passes last year while throwing 90% less ints than Winston.
Yeah, and I'm sure he wouldn't want to talk about how many wins that team had with Winston... Brady is getting ready to eclipse that already in a few weeks. By the way, were the Bucs in the playoffs at any point in time with Winston? Because they definitely should have been last season with that defense!

Oh so now we are just gonna forget Bill signed Antonio Brown?

Literally had people making comparisons to 2007 when Brown got signed

View attachment 29103

Was asked to refrain from doing one thing and he couldn't.

Just for one second imagine Brown didn't idiotically add that women to the group text and the OL doesn't get ravaged by injuries.

Really don't think anyone would be saying "Bill f**ked Brady". They might be talking about #7
Really? Josh Gordon? Sony Michel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back