PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look, this thread is going to be there in Pats Forum whether you like it or not until mods decide to move it. There is no point arguing about it and I would advice you to take this up with mods if this one thread bothers you so much.

As I already stated, I don't care. Trying to base your argument about why it should be here based on my "feelings" about it is totally off-base.

Who's complaining about the Super Bowls? You said he was STELLAR his last 3 years in NE. He was not. He was only stellar in 2017. In the 2018 playoffs, he had 2 TDs and 3 INTs. Hardly "stellar" and doesn't even come close to his 2016 and 2017 playoff performances. And if he was "stellar" in Super Bowl 53, he would have been named MVP. Did he make clutch throws and lead TD drives? Sure. BTW, don't think I didn't notice you moving the goalposts from Brady being "stellar" to "unbelievably good."

I disagree that Brady wasn't stellar in 2018.

He looked every bit like the Tom Brady we've seen in the past.

You might recall that the season began with numerous issues. Hogan was a shell of himself, Mitchell's injury never healed, Dorsett proved to be Dorsett, and most damaging was that Gronkowski suddenly stopped being Gronkowski.

Brady had at least four, and I think five, interceptions early on that were flat out drops from receivers...it was bizarre.

He still finished the season with a 97.7 rating, about five points down from the year before when he won MVP.

He was awesome in the postseason with the exception of the endzone pick against KC; I think the Rams just played an excellent defensive game in the SB, but Brady made the big plays at the end. I thought the fourth quarter and OT at KC was one of the crowning moments of his career.

The team went into a run-first offense, but that was just the smart thing to do with their personnel. Gronkowski was still an all-pro level blocker though not a great pass catcher; they had Dwayne Allen, who was also a great blocker. Their offensive line was their biggest strength. Trent Brown was a much better run blocker than pass blocker. James Develin was healthy; Cordarelle Patterson was better out of the backfield than out wide.

During that time, it's not like Brady was Dilfer either; teams couldn't stack the box for obvious reasons.

Ian, what is the status of the "ignore thread" function? With each passing day, the decision by you and the other mods to keep this embarrassment of a thread in the main forum looks increasingly unwise and shortsighted, because it is now officially a sh*t show. What a shocker.

Given the activity level of the thread, I am forced to look and scroll past the unfunny thread name every time I return to the site. If you still refuse to put the thread into non- Patriots portion of the site (where it belongs), we should have the option to opt out. If the "ignore thread" function is now available, can you offer instruction about how to initiate that, because I don't see a way to do it currently.

You cherry picked your stats for the 2018 playoffs

How in the world did I cherry pick them when I gave you each and every game?

Jeez

I said he had one bad qtr in the Super Bowl but otherwise his performance for the entire playoffs was stellar.

You're in for a rude awakening if you think he wasn't great that playoffs, because you're not likely to see that again.

Ian, what is the status of the "ignore thread" function? With each passing day, the decision by you and the other mods to keep this embarrassment of a thread in the main forum looks increasingly unwise and shortsighted, because it is now officially a sh*t show. What a shocker.

Given the activity level of the thread, I am forced to look and scroll past the unfunny thread name every time I return to the site. If you still refuse to put the thread into non- Patriots portion of the site (where it belongs), we should have the option to opt out. If the "ignore thread" function is now available

You mean the thread that you've posted in numerous times?

Are you unable to live a worthwhile life with this thread being in the main forum? Given the amount of posts - and most of them have been constructive in some way - I think you are in the minority in wanting this thread moved. Why don't you just stop clicking on it? There's no need to make a stink about this to Ian. He is aware of the thread being here and isn't moving it, nor should he.

Given the activity level of the thread, I am forced to look and scroll past the unfunny thread name every time I return to the site. If you still refuse to put the thread into non- Patriots portion of the site (where it belongs), we should have the option to opt out. If the "ignore thread" function is now available, can you offer instruction about how to initiate that, because I don't see a way to do it currently.
Wow, that's a pretty frank admission that as someone adult enough to express your thoughts in words, you can't find a way to just not open a thread that you already know upsets you. Do you really have that little self control?

Are you unable to live a worthwhile life with this thread being in the main forum? Given the amount of posts - and most of them have been constructive in some way - I think you are in the minority in wanting this thread moved. Why don't you just stop clicking on it? There's no need to make a stink about this to Ian. He is aware of the thread being here and isn't moving it, nor should he.
Can he not just ban the OP to block the thread? I mean it's not ideal but if it is keeping the poor guy up at night, it may be an option to consider. Choices in life and all.

What a stupid request.

Who's complaining about the Super Bowls? You said he was STELLAR his last 3 years in NE. He was not. He was only stellar in 2017. In the 2018 playoffs, he had 2 TDs and 3 INTs, which is hardly "stellar" and doesn't even come close to his 2016 and 2017 playoff performances. And if he was "stellar" in Super Bowl 53, he would have been named MVP. Did he make clutch throws and lead TD drives during that playoff run? Sure.

I never said he was stellar his last 3 years in New England. I said he was stellar the 3 years previous to the 1 year contract offer at below star-QB money. Those years were 2016, 2017, 2018.

You look at his playoff performance in 2018 and it was indeed stellar. 35 points before the half in the 1st game, great completion %, lots of yards. Against KC in cold conditions with lots of crowd noise, he lead them to a victory in what is probably the toughest place to play, especially in late January. He had a great game overall but his 4th qtr and OT were fantastic. In the Super Bwol he had a bad quarter, but I challenge you to look at the 2nd and 4th qtr especially and tell me he wasnt great. When the chips were down in the 4th, he lead the team to two 70 yard drives to win the game, and his throw to Gronk to ice it was one for the ages.

I never said he was stellar his last 3 years in New England. I said he was stellar the 3 years previous to the 1 year contract offer at below star-QB money. Those years were 2016, 2017, 2018.

Yes, he was stellar overall from 2016-2018. But what does that have to do with Bill's decision to not re-sign him after 2019? There was a definite drop from 2017 to 2018 and from 2018 to 2019. I wouldn't call it a cliff, but more like a ravine...

Why do you think that the "ignore thread" function existed for years before the recent upgrade (downgrade)? You obviously missed Ian's post last week stating that he was almost done with creating a new "ignore thread" option. Even the title is irritating. I didn't wish Brady bad luck before this thread, I simply didn't care either way because I had moved on. Now I want him to be embarrassed each and every week, because I know that it will bring all of the can't-let-him-go ball-washing dotards to tears.

Why do you think that the "ignore thread" function existed for years before the recent upgrade (downgrade)? You obviously missed Ian's post last week stating that he was almost done with creating a new "ignore thread" option. Even the title is irritating. I didn't wish Brady bad luck before this thread, I simply didn't care either way because I had moved on. Now I want him to be embarrassed each and every week, because I know that it will bring all of the can't-let-him-go ball-washing dotards to tears.
Speaking of irritating, publicly pestering Ian to do more for this site is very irritating.

Since you are so well informed on this site's functionality, why not drop him a PM instead of publicly nagging him?

Brady was good. Sony was better. 24 for 129 and 3 TD. That's a 5.4 YPC clip. Obviously the run threat opened things up for Brady.

Brady was very clutch. The defense shut out Mahomes in the first half and that helps. Sony had a lot to do with that win too.
Also Brady was very lucky at times in that game too like Dee Ford being offside.

Not really. That was a defensive showcase and Edelman almost singlehandedly was the offense.

And Brady was dreadful in 2019, making the decision to move on pretty much justifiable at this point.

It is amazing how completely delusional some people are when it comes to protecting their own cognitive dissonance.

Anyone claiming Brady was stellar in 2018 -- even in the KC AFCCG -- should sit through the entire game and then watch some of the masterful **** he was doing in 2016 or 2017.

Hell, just watch the OT of the SB against the Falcons and the OT against the Chiefs. In one of the two he put on a masterclass that never felt in doubt, in the other we got through by the skin of our teeth converting three third & longs.

It's either black or white. Either he is football jesus and everything he has done is stellar or he is just a product of coaching and a system. There is no room for nuance or objectivity.

Bruce Arians is an offensive coaching genius who was responsible for the solid offenses of Ben Roethlesberger, Andrew Luck, and Carson Palmer, and only lost when they and his teams didn’t execute as he asked. If you didn’t realize this, just ask him.

Lmao. I see Arian's 8th dimensional chess philosophy- coaches win games, players lose 'em

I guess it needs to be pointed out again:

It was week one.

It was week one.
Not to those whose agenda is pointing out Brady apparently sucks. TommyBrady12 and the like view it as the end all of any discussion. "[He's] just not good anymore!" *Trent Dilfer voice*

Not to those whose agenda is pointing out Brady apparently sucks. TommyBrady12 and the like view it as the end all of any discussion. "[He's] just not good anymore!" *Trent Dilfer voice*

Thank you BucsBoy12 for single handily keeping this as the number 1 thread on Patsfans.com. :thumbsup:

It was week one.

Outside a few tough games, the Bucs schedule is an easy one. I can see them going 10-6 or 11-5. However, I don't think they can match up with the Chiefs, Ravens, Saints, Seahawks, Packers, Steelers, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down