PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
you said it.. it PLAYED... no longer play for us... I started rooting for the Pats in 85 just to satisfy your curiosity.. and as I said, he is the one who left and moved on.. He did great things here, nobody is even questioning his legacy, but he is not here anymore. I don't see why we shouldn't move on as well..
So you said my post was immature.. well i'm really sarcastic.. and if asking to move on is immaturity, i'm guilty then... All I'm asking os to have this conversations in a bucs foerum not in a New England.. they don't longer play for us... Even it wouldn't bother if this is outside the main forum.. I think there are more exicting things to talk about the team other that 2 players who decided to play for a different team and no longer wanted to play for us.. my 0.002
Then post in the threads that excite you. Is there a gun to your head making you post here? Why does anyone care that there are a thread or 2 on a Patriots forum that still likes to discuss the greatest quarterback of all time that played on this team for 20 years? We like to discuss it with other passionate fans that shrared the same experience. I think it would be totally inappropriate to invade Bucs forums to do that. I dont get this hostility from the time to move on crowd that actually began a year ago. We still root for the Patriots. I still have my season tickets and missed the hell out of having to not be at Gillette yesterday. If you don't like these threads then don't participate. I just cant figure out why it bothers some if you guys so much that we still like to follow him.

Then post in the threads that excite you. Is there a gun to your head making you post here? Why does anyone care that there are a thread or 2 on a Patriots forum that still likes to discuss the greatest quarterback of all time that played on this team for 20 years? We like to discuss it with other passionate fans that shrared the same experience. I think it would be totally inappropriate to invade Bucs forums to do that. I dont get this hostility from the time to move on crowd that actually began a year ago. We still root for the Patriots. I still have my season tickets and missed the hell out of having to not be at Gillette yesterday. If you don't like these threads then don't participate. I just cant figure out why it bothers some if you guys so much that we still like to follow him.
easy whatever is Pats related.. use th eother hat fro a moment.. why we should read about 2 players that are no longer in the team? I don't care if you or anybody cheers for them.. but do it in the right forum..

You didn't even bother watching the game if you thought his downfield throws were bad. I just listened to the NFL Network where Jim Miller said he was deadly accurate on 6 of the 7 heaves he threw.

Just because they didn't show up in his stats doesn't mean they didn't have a big impact since 3 of those balls caused DPIs.

He threw 36 passes. 6 or 7 deadly accurate is about what you expect for a 43 year old QB. Again, will have moments of greatness, and other moments of utter mediocrity. As most have said, he looked like he did last season.

That will win them some games, but against a top flight defense his limitations will show up.

the challenge wont be for brady to adjust. he will. the challenge will be for brady to get people to play at his level of competitiveness. thats what BB bought to NE. he and brady were equally committed to make things happen and win. i dont know how the culture down in tampa will be from a coaching standpoint

Yeah well you aren't objective. He has his good moments and his bad moments as any older QB will. Montana took the Chiefs to the playoffs, but nobody would say that was vintage Montana. Thus, the same will happen in Tampa Bay with the additional problems of a coach who airs his stuff out publicly and teammates that have played for years in a carefree city and coaches.

180 complete degree shift from what he was used to and lived in. This won't be easy due to age, diminishing skills, teammates who are not used to accountability etc.

Maybe Mike Evans cannot run the proper routes. I distinctly remember a play against the Jets about 4 years ago. Jets were playing a zone, and Edelman ran down the field 25 yards or so and stopped, turned around and the ball as there. Brady knew exactly where he would be and the ball was out when he was halfway there.

He will not have that in Tampa. How many WRs have come through that failed here because they couldn't live up to his standards. Moss is an all timer so he was an outlier. Mike Evans is not Randy Moss. Names don't mean anything when the game starts.
Go back and read my posts before you make a statement like this, sir. I didn't when bother to read the rest of your post. I've been nothing but objective, even conceding that there's been decline. Good day.

He threw 36 passes. 6 or 7 deadly accurate is about what you expect for a 43 year old QB. Again, will have moments of greatness, and other moments of utter mediocrity. As most have said, he looked like he did last season.

That will win them some games, but against a top flight defense his limitations will show up.

He was referring to 6 of 7 deep passes, not 6 or 7 total passes. Though I agree that overall the mark of decline has nothing to do with your best passes.

I agree that some vitriol in this thread will likely improve if this thread is moved to the NFL forum or Pub Forum. I love Brady. But I'm not sure it belongs in the Pats forum all season long.

I agree that some vitriol in this thread will likely improve if this thread is moved to the NFL forum or Pub Forum. I love Brady. But I'm not sure it belongs in the Pats forum all season long.

There are threads on Patsfans that do not interest me or cover topics I feel do not belong or are topics that seem stupid to me.
My solution:
I do not read them and I do not post in them repeatedly

Why some people feel it is up to them and their taste to actively go out and prohibit others from doing what they want is a mystery to me.

???

You misread my post.

He threw 7 long passes downfield and was accurate on 6 of them

Do you really believe what you just wrote?

Tom went for the money?
Where did I write that?

Go ahead and quote me, or admit you're going to extremes to try to find ways to take offense.

We are talking about the GOAT who won 6 SB trophys. Let this thread sit for a week or two before moving to NFL forum. You can't erase history that easily

Where did I write that?

Go ahead and quote me, or admit you're going to extremes to try to find ways to take offense.

Maybe I misread your post about the $ but you wrote he took the $25m as though multiple teams weren't offering him that, including the Patriots and Bears. Seems as though the Saints were on the verge too.

I just disagreed with that whole post in general actually. Brady has always been the man--no need to prove that he is. He's univerally regarded as the best ever.

"It's one thing to have a blowhard as a team leader, it's another one who creates a culture of blame versus a culture of responsibility."

I still submit that this is one of the most preposterous things anyone has ever said on this board, given the way this guy has subsumed his ego like no other in the history of football. The greatest QB ever is also the one who took less money, who did not do the other laugahable things QBs do to pump their stats, who did what the team needed to win.

Come on!

Maybe I misread your post about the $ but you wrote he took the $25m as though multiple teams weren't offering him that, including the Patriots and Bears. Seems as though the Saints were on the verge too.
I wrote he didn't have many choices, and I think that's true. He wasn't coming back to New England. He insisted on a contract that let him become a free agent with no franchise tag. BB gave him what he wanted. He sold his house. We can say two or three but it's still not many offers given his track record. Teams saw his decline and most didn't want to invest top dollar in a 43 year old player. It's more or less the same decision BB made over a year ago.

"It's one thing to have a blowhard as a team leader, it's another one who creates a culture of blame versus a culture of responsibility."

I still submit that this is one of the most preposterous things anyone has ever said on this board, given the way this guy has subsumed his ego like no other in the history of football. The greatest QB ever is also the one who took less money, who did not do the other laugahable things QBs do to pump their stats, who did what the team needed to win.
I'm referring to Arians as the blowhard leader, not TB12, and it wasn't even me who interjected the word blowhard into the conversation.

He was referring to 6 of 7 deep passes, not 6 or 7 total passes. Though I agree that overall the mark of decline has nothing to do with your best passes.

Gotcha. Yeah he had some oh wow throws as per usual, but then I saw plenty that were just of the mark that 5 plus years ago he wouldn't have been as off on and they lead to incompletions. Plus I believe he threw a hospital ball to Godwin but I may be mistaken.

As you know I always had reservations about him going to Tampa and the massive and unwarranted platitudes and tickets being printed for the SB. Some of what you saw yesterday will be cleaned up. However his accuracy issues in the middle part of the field that are popping up will only get worse as the throws on his arm start to add up.

Oddly enough, his deep balls may actually be a bit of a savior via DPI and the fact he doesn't have to be super precise on those throws.

I wrote he didn't have many choices, and I think that's true. He wasn't coming back to New England. He insisted on a contract that let him become a free agent with no franchise tag. BB gave him what he wanted. He sold his house. We can say two or three but it's still not many offers given his track record. Teams saw his decline and most didn't want to invest top dollar in a 43 year old player. It's more or less the same decision BB made over a year ago.

I'm referring to Arians as the blowhard leader, not TB12, and it wasn't even me who interjected the word blowhard into the conversation.

Agreed. TB wanted out but nobody wanted to believe it. I didn't, but you are right, Bill wanted to move on several years ago. Also nobody else wanted him otherwise they would have signed him. Rumor today I heard was that Chicago was interested but he didn't want to go to a cold place. If true, then winning doesn't matter because up there he would have actual players and not just fantasy names. It was a family decision and the family gets to live with it. I don't see how a Bruce Arians team looks like that yesterday and then magically morphs into the Patriots and corrects it all. I just don't see it.

Didn't think it was a particularly bad game from Brady. The INTs looked like something that will happen much less often once the offense actually gets to know each other.

I think they might stutter for a bit but will get things going towards the middle of the season. Whether that's enough to overcome the lack of discipline and their questionable coaching is a different story.

In the end if they make the playoffs they will have a shot against any team with that mich talent in offense.

Baldy respectfully disagrees:

Last edited:
the challenge wont be for brady to adjust. he will. the challenge will be for brady to get people to play at his level of competitiveness. thats what BB bought to NE. he and brady were equally committed to make things happen and win. i dont know how the culture down in tampa will be from a coaching standpoint
This. Evans is a name. Is he going to care about winning as much as Troy Brown ?

We are talking about the GOAT who won 6 SB trophys.

Who is a Buccaneer. Not a Patriot. This is a Patriots forum, not a Patriots history forum. I frankly don't care much one way or the other, but there's a perfectly valid argument for moving this thread (and other TB in TB related threads) out of a subforum related to Patriots discussion.

easy whatever is Pats related.. use th eother hat fro a moment.. why we should read about 2 players that are no longer in the team? I don't care if you or anybody cheers for them.. but do it in the right forum..
Okay, If I'm wearing the other hat I wont click on the thread and I won't be reading about 2 players no longer with the team. Does just seeing that there is a thread trigger people? It also is apparent that trolls and Brady haters love to post in them. It's one thing to have an opinion that he's declined but a number of people go back in history to discredit him for every mistake he ever made, whether it was 2 years, 5 years 10 years all the way back to 2000. They sound like freaking Colts or Steeler fans diminishing any of his accomplishments along the way. I'm not saying you but the couple Brady threads are saturated with it.

So just because I like him doesn't mean I'm his lapdog like some on here :rolleyes:
Did you open a TB12 gym in the most powerful city on Earth Tommy? Lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back