PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love how all the detractors are taking a victory lap after one game . . . the first game of the season no less. No real off season, no preseason and first live action in forever. New team, new coach, new receivers, new system . . . but yeah, he's not allowed any time to become accustomed. Do you all think before you post?

Love how all the detractors are taking a victory lap after one game . . . the first game of the season no less. No real off season, no preseason and first live action in forever. New team, new coach, new receivers, new system . . . but yeah, he's not allowed any time to become accustomed. Do you all think before you post?

Didn't seem to be a problem for Cam yesterday. (shrug)

To be fair to Bruce Arians taking a :poop: on Brady.

If you sign Tom Brady you don't expect to get a QB who is on pace to throw more ints than Jameis Winston:excited:

No offense to the Buccaneer fans here, but Newton had even less of an offseason and played great yesterday. Granted it was against a Miami team that is in no way shape or form the same as New Orleans, but Brady had since March to work with his receivers. He gave a big middle finger to the NFL and practiced with his teammates when he wasn't supposed to. He hasn't had a great season since 2017, so it is up to him to show everyone he can still play at age 43. However, the hype surrounding him was nothing that I've ever seen. People literally were talking Super Bowl with this Tampa team. Chris Godwin, their receiver, said giving up his number 12 jersey was worth it if it gets him 2-3 rings. They are that delusional.

Perhaps they should spend less time filming Tommy and Gronky episodes...that's just my suggestion though.

No offense to the Buccaneer fans here, but Newton had even less of an offseason and played great yesterday. Granted it was against a Miami team that is in no way shape or form the same as New Orleans, but Brady had since March to work with his receivers. He gave a big middle finger to the NFL and practiced with his teammates when he wasn't supposed to. He hasn't had a great season since 2017, so it is up to him to show everyone he can still play at age 43. However, the hype surrounding him was nothing that I've ever seen. People literally were talking Super Bowl with this Tampa team. Chris Godwin, their receiver, said giving up his number 12 jersey was worth it if it gets him 2-3 rings. They are that delusional.

Perhaps they should spend less time filming Tommy and Gronky episodes...that's just my suggestion though.

Brady should be better next week. Gronk though... good night. Enjoy your WWE career.

Out of the 4 QB's (Brady, Cam, Bridgewater and Rivers) with new teams yesterday... 1 guess who had the lowest passer rating of all of them.

I'll never bury Brady after one game. It is what it is. But we did see some of the same problems he had in NE creep up at TB (the miss where Evans "ran the wrong route" comes to mind) the difference is he doesn't have BB to coach up the rest of the team to a competent level to get away with some of those problems. And I gotta be honest...it feels kinda good to see him deal with **** coaching including being thrown under the bus by his HC. Lol.

He mentioned an opponent once (FredEx) and a « reporter » once (Casserly)... maybe a few more times. In two decades.

That’s why he can get people « back in the fold ». Seymour, Branch, Moss : all « spurned » but all good now.
Law, Bledsoe, McGinest, Vrabel, even Milloy are all on good/great terms now, although Vrabel coaching the Titans limits things there.

The ones that aren’t back in the fold tend to have some issue with him personally, such that I wonder if it’s Bill himself who’s not embracing them because he’s peeved over what they said about him in public. Ted Johnson, Welker, and Mankins come to mind.

Last edited:
Not sure why this thread is not on the Tampa bay forum...

"Granted it was against a Miami team that is in no way shape or form the same as New Orleans." Do I really need to say anything here? And you're comparing two completely different style of QB. C'mon. I'm not even one of the fans who won't admit that Brady has declined, but there is nothing objective about your posts, down to calling those who are still interestedI his career Bucs fans. You're calling others delusional? I'd say do some self scouting, man. Your beef seems like it should be pointed at the hype machine and not Brady or the people who choose to continue to root for him. You and sb1 have been anything but objective on this since day one. It's no surprise that you two are posting in this thread like crazy since the game ended after being the biggest detractors of the thread. You're loving it. Enjoy it while it lasts, I guess. It won't look like this a month from now.

u should really go and create a Brady and Gronk forum ....:rofl:

Brady and Gronk didn't seem to be feeling like football was fun again yesterday...

Defenders are still going after Gronk's legs/knees to take him down. Did you see his face after he took a shot at knee level and then got up a little bit slowly? His expression said "Not this sh*t again". A few more of those and he may re-retire.

He should have retired after the 2018 season and gone on top with a ring. But instead he wants to prove that his TB12 stuff works and play until 45. That and Gisele wants to stick it to Belichick by proving Brady isn't Johnny Foxboro in a different organization...
That’s way too simplistic of an explanation based on The Dynasty book, assuming it’s accurate. Gisele really wanted him to retire after 2016 - it was what Brady promised her when they met 10 years earlier, and she thought SB 51 was the perfect story book ending. It took a lot for Tom to convince her to keep playing. But in her mind — if you’re going to change your promise and make me buy into your continuing to play, at the very least you need to be given respect and not treated like dirt. That’s where a lot of this is coming from. She’d rather he not be playing all.

"Granted it was against a Miami team that is in no way shape or form the same as New Orleans." Do I really need to say anything here? And you're comparing two completely different style of QB. C'mon. I'm not even one of the fans who won't admit that Brady has declined, but there is nothing objective about your posts, down to calling those who are still interestedI his career Bucs fans. You're calling others delusional? I'd say do some self scouting, man. Your beef seems like it should be pointed at the hype machine and not Brady or the people who choose to continue to root for him. You and sb1 have been anything but objective on this since day one. It's no surprise that you two are posting in this thread like crazy since the game ended after being the biggest detractors of the thread. You're loving it. Enjoy it while it lasts, I guess. It won't look like this a month from now.

I'm loving the crow being rammed down the throats of the Belichick haters (you're not one of them) and there are plenty. Nothing more.

And this is a topic to discuss Brady and his new team is it not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back