PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally agree, other than the part about all future posts about Brady and the Bucs ending up in this thread. There will be Brady>Pats fans who won't be able to contain themselves and take the time to find this thread and we will end with separate "BRADY WEEK (insert week number here) HIGHLIGHTS!" threads. If the Bucs end up being the 2020 version of last year's Browns team, the "Here's why it is/was totally not Tommy's fault." threads will pop up as well. Many of the enthusiastic posters on this thread would secretly root for the Bucs to beat the Pats if the game were played during the regular season. A link to an analysis of the Bucs 53 man roster in the main forum? SMH.

Believing that this thread is pathetic does not make me a hardo. It makes me a typical die-hard fan of my local NFL team. I doubt that a thread like this would be allowed to stay in the primary forum in the fan site of any other team.

Did the Colts message board have threads about Denver after Manning left or the Green Bay message boards about the Jets/Vikings after Favre left? Hell no, and that is the way it should be. Unfortunately, our benign mods won't send this thread to another section of site, where is belongs.
I don't know if I would compare the Brady and Manning situations

Brady gave us 20 seasons and 6 rings

Manning gave them 13 seasons and 1 ring

I'll bite... I wouldn't know, and I question how such a loyalist (based on this rant) like you would know? I mean, wouldn't visiting another team's message board be even worse? You're such a Pats loyalist, but you care what happens on another team's message board, especially the likes of Indianapolis or Denver? Seriously, how is that not worse than this thread or some of the dribble you describe in your rant?

Bro, it's really not that serious. It's really not. Your post makes you seem like a prepubescent child with no perspective in life. I'm sure if the threads about Tampa Bay get as outrageous as you state, which I highly doubt is actually your problem with this thread, the mods will merge or move them off the main board. But I'm willing to bet it never even gets that far. You're just ranting because you think it makes you look like you're just so die hard, but it just makes you look kinda ridiculous.

Some of you act like Brady slept with your wife or something or he stole your favorite bike when you were young. It's laughable that the mere acknowledgment of his existence leads some of you to stroke levels of madness. There are people who played with the dude, and against him, who don't have this kind of vitriol as you armchair QB's. It's like having the slightest curiosity of life outside of NE for the greatest football player ever in some way diminishes love for NE. You do realize it may be a very long time before we witness greatness on Brady's level again, right? Why not enjoy the remaining years, regardless of the jersey? Nobody will think less of you. Step away from the ledge... everything will be okay. The man gave us 20 years and some of us are actually interested to see the next chapter, win or lose. It is a compelling sports story if nothing else. Sheesh. :rolleyes: :rofl:

Bradyites are too funny. It’s one thing to be interested in his next chapter but they get so butthurt when Patriots fans wont cheer for their binky’s new team. So hilarious!

When you NEVER go to the playoffs because one team dominates, you fail--like the AFCE has. And you fire coaches, after 2 or 3 years, so there's never any continuity.

This would have happened in every division the Patriots were in. Every one.

Maybe only the Ravens would have given them competition in the AFCN.... BUT...

Then the Patriots would have dominated the Steelers, Browns and Bengals.

As it is, the Patriots took their share of losses from the Jets and Phins. If they were in the AFCN, they likely would have had an even better record than they did in the AFCE. 1 loss a year against the Ravens, a sweep against the Browns and Bengals, and .800 against the Steelers.

Again I’m not saying they’re only successful because their division stinks. But it helps for sure to be in this division. Win it and get a guaranteed home playoff game.

Other than the Pats... 0 great teams in the AFC Least in the last 20 years. 0 great coaches. 0 great defenses that gave Brady fits. And 0 great (or even good) QBs unless you count Peyton Manning’s one year before realignment. Can’t say that about any other division. Not the Pats fault obviously but it is what it is.

Last edited:
Before you all get enamored with the Buccaneers be mindful of what Arians has accomplished in 7 years in the NFL as a HC...

56W 39L in the regular season
1 W 2L in the post season..

Not much evidence whether he is a good coach or a jag....

That record is much better than Belichick's without Brady

This post, clearly an attempt to throw shade on Tom and Gronk, simultaneously invalidates NE's accomplishments over the past 20 years. Was that your intention? Why do you even like the Pats? :rolleyes:

He's was complaining about Brady threads two weeks after he left.

Some fans seem to forget that it was only a year and a half ago that Brady helped us win our 6th SB. The term "what have you done lately" takes on a whole new meaning with fans like that.

If the NYFL doesn't chase me away I'll be pulling for Belichick, Brady and Gronk in the future. They earned it and then some.

Sigh... wondering now if there should be an age limit or aptitude test for new members. :rolleyes:

I am thinking of two Herm Edwards quotes:

1. Nothing good happens after midnight (or was it 2 AM? - Note the time the post was made.)
  2. Don't Hit Send!

I'm going to just merge this into the Bucs mega-thread...

For heaven's sake they've been to 9 Super Bowls and won 6!

I mean, this is an incredible 20 year run.

The idea that it was because of opponent weakness is laughable. I don't take any of you all seriously.

20 years of dominance!

9 Super Bowls.

I don't even know how many championship games--that's how ridiculous this run has been.

The funny thing is, the NYFL took PEDton out of the AFCE and put him into a weaker, all-expansion team division, thinking that he'd get a free ride to the playoffs and the SB. He got to the playoffs but gagged them away 9 times.

The NYFL, like everyone else, didn't see the B&B Show coming. After the NYFL saw what happened they tried to handicap the Pats and they still won. Tedy was right.

We also know he tends to be an "in your face" coach. I'm surprised Brady didn't end up with a pushover so he could be the de facto head coach.

I don't think Brady's that type, even now. He respects authority.

That record is much better than Belichick's without Brady

Brady without Belichick: platooned with Drew Henson at Michigan and was so universally disrespected that he almost went undrafted.

Crazy how inefficient talent recognition can be.

If he had gone to the wrong NFL team he might be selling insurance today.

This year will of course be telling. No excuses for Brady or Belichick. We'll see.

Brady is the GOAT, but I root for Belichick because he's still with the team I've followed for 50+ years.

Any team that is not a top 2 seed is going to have increased difficulty. This isn't saying anything. Your point doesn't tell me anything.

i think i get his point. Pats generally played in a weak division. had a bye every year played a "tomato can" in the divisional round usually and then the AFCCG was the real game they had to win.

even with a better roster than the pats last year, the Bucs play in a division with the Saints, Falcons and Panthers. IDK about the panthers but the saints are a superbowl contender, and Atlanta always has the ability to be one. Then you also play in the NFC which has teams like green bay and 49ers.

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
Brady without Belichick: platooned with Drew Henson at Michigan and was so universally disrespected that he almost went undrafted.

Crazy how inefficient talent recognition can be.

If he had gone to the wrong NFL team he might be selling insurance today.

This year will of course be telling. No excuses for Brady or Belichick. We'll see.

Brady is the GOAT, but I root for Belichick because he's still with the team I've followed for 50+ years.

There’s only one coach in this league who would even think of benching a Drew Bledsoe for a guy like Brady. One. And he did.

All the dopes that have to go back 30 years to try and argue that Belichick sucks can take that noise and stuff it.

The behavioral patterns of Patsfans.com has become all too predictable considering the spiraling of this thread. I knew I should've waited until closer to the season starting. :rolleyes::notsaying:

i think i get his point. Pats generally played in a weak division. had a bye every year played a "tomato can" in the divisional round usually and then the AFCCG was the real game they had to win.

even with a better roster than the pats last year, the Bucs play in a division with the Saints, Falcons and Panthers. IDK about the panthers but the saints are a superbowl contender, and Atlanta always has the ability to be one. Then you also play in the NFC which has teams like green bay and 49ers.
And Detroit, New Jersey, Chicago and the annual clown show in Wasington.

There’s only one coach in this league who would even think of benching a Drew Bledsoe for a guy like Brady. One. And he did.

All the dopes that have to go back 30 years to try and argue that Belichick sucks can take that noise and stuff it.
Yes Belichick was smart enough to know that Brady was the guy that would stop his record from continuing to suck. A great coach isn't quite as great with a mediocre quarterback. A great coach becomes the greatest coach with the greatest of all time quarterback.

Yes Belichick was smart enough to know that Brady was the guy that would stop his record from continuing to suck. A great coach isn't quite as great with a mediocre quarterback. A great coach becomes the greatest coach with the greatest of all time quarterback.

i hate this Bill vs Tom argument. they both made each-other great its not 1 vs the other. There are alot of great quarterbacks out there who have a similar skill set to brady.

Theres a reason Brady has 6 and Peyton has 2, Drew brees 1, Aaron Rodgers 1.....and that is the combination of Brady/Belichick

And Detroit, New Jersey, Chicago and the annual clown show in Wasington.

I just think the NFC has more top tier teams than the AFC does. Usually in the AFC it was the Patriots and another team, usually a manning lead team, or steelers, and now Chiefs. You look at afc this year, and its Chiefs/ravens then everyone else....NFC is more wide open.

Thanks @PatsBoy12 for the thread. I went to Buczone to find some news and all the orange on that forum made me want to :yuck:.

I'll definitely be watching. This will be a top NFL story this year and who better than Patsfans are qualified to assess the GOAT's performance.

My main interest is to answer the decades old question: who was more responsible for Pats success the last 20-years, GOAT coach or QB? Not sure this will be the best year to answer this given how incredibly weird this year has been, but both Coach and QB have challenges to overcome.

1. Coach stays in the comfort of a system he created and for which he has total control. Challenges include large exodus of experienced players, a new QB, and a bunch of young unproven players. How will Cam play come a brutal winter. NEP has the toughest SOS at 0.537

2. QB enters a team where everything is new: stadium, coaches, players, you name it. Only known commodity is Gronk. He even has to adapt to the weather, no small task. However, for the 1st time in many years he has an arsenal of quality weapons on offense. Bucs are tied for 16th for SOS at 0.502

How do we measure their influence on the teams without each other? By team wins? By reaching playoffs? Will NEP fail to win AFCE for 1st time in 12 years? Will Bucs win their division for 1st time in 13 years?

I think TB12 faces bigger challenges. It's going to be fun to watch.

Ehh. More than a few people were pushing for Belichick to keep playing Brady. Drew was good but he had just led us to a 5-11 record and started off the season 0-2. I don’t think it was this amazingly ballsy decision that you are trying to make it out to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes