PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Tompa and Bucs rump polishers want to do that all in one topic of their own- I’m ok with that.

Ooof! I’d die before joining the Bucs board. There aren’t too many fans here that didn’t worship Brady, but something about going there and swelling up to fans just seems wrong to me. Don’t care if they do, but it’s just not my cup of tea.

We got his best years and I’m more than fine with that. I lament he’s not here but I get it. And yeah, if he gets 7 I’d be a little jealous but you just got remember, the Goat was made in a New England uniform. There’s no changing that no matter what he does.

Tell me what great AFCE team have the Patriots had to worry about since 2001? What team did we all cringe when we saw them on the schedule? What great QB in the AFCE in the last 20 years would give Belichick fits every time they were on the schedule? Chad Pennington? JP Losman? Sanchize? I suppose Peyton for the one season? Lol. What great coach was in the East in the last 20 years- a guy you hated seeing on the sidelines like other teams fans feel about BB... and knew for sure would design a scheme to give Brady and the offense a tough time? Rex Ryan? Lol. Nuff said.

It’s not a myth that the AFC Least has been trash during Brady’s tenure here. Now an anti Patriots fan would argue the Patriots were only successful because they were in this division. That’s not true and not what I’m saying at all.

Brady is stepping way up in weight class in division. No question about it.

Blah blah blah. Youre just spewing words, not facts.
The facts are the facts: the afce, excluding NE, has been the 4th best division in the nfl since 2001. ( Going into last year.)
Its very simple math. You remove the division winner of every division in the nfl( each year the Pats won the div).
You compare the records of Buf/nyj/mia against the records of the 3 teams from each div. the afce was 4th of 8 divs. According to you they should be dead last.

I thought I'd post this for anyone who will be following the Bucs this season (and likely next), like me. I'm posting their initial 53-man roster, but maybe this can be the one thread dedicated to their news throughout the season for those interested? Mods, you okay with that?

I'm sure there will be the obligatory "who cares" and "this is the Pats board" and blah blah, so this isn't for you obviously. *sigh* But I have to believe there are some who will be interested in what should be a big storyline all season long for both fanbases and the NFL.

So here is what their roster looks like initially... interestingly, Fournette not listed.

Tampa Bay Bucs Initial 53

I'll be following my favorite athlete in the history of sports this year (from a poster born in the 1960s) so thanks for the thread.

well, the patriots formula for success has always been to win the division and obtain a bye. then more often than not they end up playing an average team in the divisional, host the AFCCG, and head to the super bowl. even as a 2 or 3 seed, they’ll end up facing someone better than the divisional opponents the Pats are used to playing.

For heaven's sake they've been to 9 Super Bowls and won 6!

I mean, this is an incredible 20 year run.

The idea that it was because of opponent weakness is laughable. I don't take any of you all seriously.

20 years of dominance!

9 Super Bowls.

I don't even know how many championship games--that's how ridiculous this run has been.

Tompa and Gronk will find out quickly that playing in a real NFL division instead of the Jets Bills and Dolphins 2X a year is a lot harder than it looks.

7-9

Since they have just as good a record against teams who aren't the Bills, Jets and Phins, I'm sure they're not worried about this.

In fact, Brady is probably thinking he'll look pretty good against those NFC teams when November and December come because now the games will be played in domes and warm weather--unlike playing at the Meadowlands and in Buffalo. Or hell, Denver, Pittsburgh, Kansas City, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Baltimore!

What's NYC like on November 1st? Because that's the only cold weather game they'll have all year. And at worst it'll be 45 that day.

Last edited:
Tell me what great AFCE team have the Patriots had to worry about since 2001? What team did we all cringe when we saw them on the schedule? What great QB in the AFCE in the last 20 years would give Belichick fits every time they were on the schedule? Chad Pennington? JP Losman? Sanchize? I suppose Peyton for the one season? Lol. What great coach was in the East in the last 20 years- a guy you hated seeing on the sidelines like other teams fans feel about BB... and knew for sure would design a scheme to give Brady and the offense a tough time? Rex Ryan? Lol. Nuff said.

It’s not a myth that the AFC Least has been trash during Brady’s tenure here. Now an anti Patriots fan would argue the Patriots were only successful because they were in this division. That’s not true and not what I’m saying at all.

Brady is stepping way up in weight class in division. No question about it.

Facts are against. Patriots record against the rest of the league (including playoff record) is no worse than it is against the AFC East.

Now ask yourself how a team is supposed to get good when it is dominated by the greatest football team in NFL history. You would only have a point if the Patriots were worse against other teams. Those teams suffered from Patriots domination.

Facts are against. Patriots record against the rest of the league (including playoff record) is no worse than it is against the AFC East.

Now ask yourself how a team is supposed to get good when it is dominated by the greatest football team in NFL history. You would only have a point if the Patriots were worse against other teams. Those teams suffered from Patriots domination.

I’m not saying the Patriots are only good because of their division. But they benefited for sure. Not one team/coach/QB has stepped up to challenge the Patriots dominance in the Brady/BB era of 20 years. Not one. The AFCE stinks. You’d think in 20 years one team could do that.

Come to think of it- the best QB in the East that wasn’t a Patriot was Drew Bledsoe in Buffalo. Easily. I mean... tells ya all you need to know.

Look at Brady’s new division. Brees/Payton and a brutal road environment. Matt Ryan. The Panthers stink now but they’ve still been good a lot more recently than the Jets have. The AFCE has never presented the Patriots that kind of competition in the Brady era. Thats remarkable.

Blah blah blah. Youre just spewing words, not facts.
The facts are the facts: the afce, excluding NE, has been the 4th best division in the nfl since 2001. ( Going into last year.)
Its very simple math. You remove the division winner of every division in the nfl( each year the Pats won the div).
You compare the records of Buf/nyj/mia against the records of the 3 teams from each div. the afce was 4th of 8 divs. According to you they should be dead last.
It's just what he does. I've come to expect nothing less from Rob Parker Jr. I just hope the thread doesn't get detailed and then closed by the mods.

If anyone doesn't want to see Bucs news, and that is your right, then just stay out of this thread. It's not like the title is misleading. It's pretty clear.

For heaven's sake they've been to 9 Super Bowls and won 6!

I mean, this is an incredible 20 year run.

The idea that it was because of opponent weakness is laughable. I don't take any of you all seriously.

20 years of dominance!

9 Super Bowls.

I don't even know how many championship games--that's how ridiculous this run has been.

You're missing my point, which is that Tom is going to have to use a different formula to win the SB this year as it is unlikely the Bucs get the 1 seed.

If they don't run into any ego/chemistry-related issues, they should be one of the three best teams in the NFC. SF and NO are really good as always, but the amount of talent on their offense is incredible. How many QBs have Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, Gronk, OJ Howard, and Cameron Brate to throw to? Not to mention Fournette, McCoy, and Ronald Jones as their RBs. Their line is questionable but it's not bad enough to tank their offense.

I was thinking of starting a similar thread. I mean if the Jets get their own thead, then Gronk and Tom should get one.

I suggest renaming it to: "Official Tompa Bay Gronkaneers thread":excited:

Stop it. This thread isn't close to the same as the "Jets Suck" thread and you know it.

Merely speaking for myself, this irritates me. I guess if this keeps Tampa **** from popping up all over the board and keeps it in one area, it would be the lesser of two evils and not that big of a deal. On the flip side, I just don’t see why everyone interested in following can’t just follow them on their boards and leave ours to the Patriots.

Totally agree, other than the part about all future posts about Brady and the Bucs ending up in this thread. There will be Brady>Pats fans who won't be able to contain themselves and take the time to find this thread and we will end with separate "BRADY WEEK (insert week number here) HIGHLIGHTS!" threads. If the Bucs end up being the 2020 version of last year's Browns team, the "Here's why it is/was totally not Tommy's fault." threads will pop up as well. Many of the enthusiastic posters on this thread would secretly root for the Bucs to beat the Pats if the game were played during the regular season. A link to an analysis of the Bucs 53 man roster in the main forum? SMH.

Believing that this thread is pathetic does not make me a hardo. It makes me a typical die-hard fan of my local NFL team. I doubt that a thread like this would be allowed to stay in the primary forum in the fan site of any other team.

Did the Colts message board have threads about Denver after Manning left or the Green Bay message boards about the Jets/Vikings after Favre left? Hell no, and that is the way it should be. Unfortunately, our benign mods won't send this thread to another section of site, where is belongs.

Last edited:
what the **** is this? Venezuela? Look, I could care less about the Sukkaneers...in fact they employed that major turd-human, Sapp for years on their DL along with Tony "Saint Dungheap" Dingy. That being said, because I LOVE NFL football I WILL follow Tom and his performance in the NFC, especially to see if he F stomps the crap out the syrupy sweet "Dreamy JimmyG" and the 9ers. Perhaps this will finally end the ludicrous "Hundred Years War" that's been waging here ever since Gacrapollo was shipped off. Life is change. I'm just extremely happy we haven't changed OUR head coach.

I’m not saying the Patriots are only good because of their division. But they benefited for sure. Not one team/coach/QB has stepped up to challenge the Patriots dominance in the Brady/BB era of 20 years. Not one. The AFCE stinks. You’d think in 20 years one team could do that.

Come to think of it- the best QB in the East that wasn’t a Patriot was Drew Bledsoe in Buffalo. Easily. I mean... tells ya all you need to know.

Look at Brady’s new division. Brees/Payton and a brutal road environment. Matt Ryan. The Panthers stink now but they’ve still been good a lot more recently than the Jets have. The AFCE has never presented the Patriots that kind of competition in the Brady era. Thats remarkable.

When you NEVER go to the playoffs because one team dominates, you fail--like the AFCE has. And you fire coaches, after 2 or 3 years, so there's never any continuity.

This would have happened in every division the Patriots were in. Every one.

Maybe only the Ravens would have given them competition in the AFCN.... BUT...

Then the Patriots would have dominated the Steelers, Browns and Bengals.

As it is, the Patriots took their share of losses from the Jets and Phins. If they were in the AFCN, they likely would have had an even better record than they did in the AFCE. 1 loss a year against the Ravens, a sweep against the Browns and Bengals, and .800 against the Steelers.

You're missing my point, which is that Tom is going to have to use a different formula to win the SB this year as it is unlikely the Bucs get the 1 seed.

Any team that is not a top 2 seed is going to have increased difficulty. This isn't saying anything. Your point doesn't tell me anything.

Totally agree, other than the part about all future posts about Brady and the Bucs ending up in this thread. There will be Brady>Pats fans who won't be able to contain themselves and take the time to find this thread and we will end with separate "BRADY WEEK (insert week number here) HIGHLIGHTS!" threads. If the Bucs end up being the 2020 version of last year's Browns team, the "Here's why it is/was totally not Tommy's fault." threads will pop up as well. Many of the enthusiastic posters on this thread would secretly root for the Bucs to beat the Pats if the game were played during the regular season. A link to an analysis of the Bucs 53 man roster in the main forum? SMH.

Believing that this thread is pathetic does not make me a hardo. It makes me a typical die-hard fan of my local NFL team. I doubt that a thread like this would be allowed to stay in the primary forum in the fan site of any other team.

Did the Colts message board have threads about Denver after Manning left or the Green Bay message boards about the Jets/Vikings after Favre left? Hell no, and that is the way it should be. Unfortunately, our benign mods won't send this thread to another section of site, where is belongs.
I'll bite... I wouldn't know, and I question how such a loyalist (based on this rant) like you would know? I mean, wouldn't visiting another team's message board be even worse? You're such a Pats loyalist, but you care what happens on another team's message board, especially the likes of Indianapolis or Denver? Seriously, how is that not worse than this thread or some of the dribble you describe in your rant?

Bro, it's really not that serious. It's really not. Your post makes you seem like a prepubescent child with no perspective in life. I'm sure if the threads about Tampa Bay get as outrageous as you state, which I highly doubt is actually your problem with this thread, the mods will merge or move them off the main board. But I'm willing to bet it never even gets that far. You're just ranting because you think it makes you look like you're just so die hard, but it just makes you look kinda ridiculous.

Some of you act like Brady slept with your wife or something or he stole your favorite bike when you were young. It's laughable that the mere acknowledgment of his existence leads some of you to stroke levels of madness. There are people who played with the dude, and against him, who don't have this kind of vitriol as you armchair QB's. It's like having the slightest curiosity of life outside of NE for the greatest football player ever in some way diminishes love for NE. You do realize it may be a very long time before we witness greatness on Brady's level again, right? Why not enjoy the remaining years, regardless of the jersey? Nobody will think less of you. Step away from the ledge... everything will be okay. The man gave us 20 years and some of us are actually interested to see the next chapter, win or lose. It is a compelling sports story if nothing else. Sheesh. :rolleyes: :rofl:

Last edited:
alert! Bucs just signed this dude!!!

6ED8EF04-AB84-475E-A622-0680A7E016B5.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Before you all get enamored with the Buccaneers be mindful of what Arians has accomplished in 7 years in the NFL as a HC...

56W 39L in the regular season
1 W 2L in the post season..

Not much evidence whether he is a good coach or a jag....
We also know he tends to be an "in your face" coach. I'm surprised Brady didn't end up with a pushover so he could be the de facto head coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes