PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brady 3 TDs yesterday.

The Bucs offense is only going to get better.
Yep. It looks better every week. It is good to have the GOAT as your QB with all those studs around him. What a pleasure to watch him still perform at age 43 at this level. I love that Arians has him airing it out.

You people are all the same.

Triggered by an innocuous comment like "the Bucs offense will improve." Do any of you ingrates have a different manifesto that you recite on a daily basis? Your brothers Kasmir and SB1 have the exact same prepared lines verbatim. "Youre not a real fan" 'You want the Pats to lose" " Brady is 43 and his arm will fall off"

Something happened. How did Brady hurt you? Where did bad Tom Brady touch you?
Did you have to put down the tissues and hand cream for a second? You stated that Tampa's offense was only going to improve. I stated unless the 43 year old qb, who has had nagging injuries the past 3 or 4 years developed those same injuries again this year. And you immediately attacked me. Do you have to go get another purple pill?

Yep. It looks better every week. It is good to have the GOAT as your QB with all those studs around him. What a pleasure to watch him still perform at age 43 at this level. I love that Arians has him airing it out.
Ehh, don't really agree with the last sentence. I don't think at 43 they should be relying so heavily on his arm. I don't trust that LT at all... he SUCKS! And with Fournette, they really should put a bit more emphasis on the run game.

I do like how they seem to be getting better each week. Once everything gels, this offense will be potent.

Brady and Evans have the fade in the endzone down. Vs Denver, Bradys long ball down the right sideline to Howard was the exact same play to Godwin in game 1 vs the Saints.

With 13 games to go, hopefully the Bucs wrapped Bradys arm up in ice packs like a Pitcher who has to start on 4 days rest.

Ehh, don't really agree with the last sentence. I don't think at 43 they should be relying so heavily on his arm. I don't trust that LT at all... he SUCKS! And with Fournette, they really should put a bit more emphasis on the run game.

I do like how they seem to be getting better each week. Once everything gels, this offense will be potent.
You can't run on Denver. That is why the game plan was so pass heavy. They doubled Evans which left one-on-one everywhere else so it was easy pickings for Brady for the most part. His arm looks really good. I doubt he gets fatigue later. It has occurred to me recently that perhaps the struggles we thought he was having the last 2 years in NE due to age was more to do with the team and his lack of confidence in the skill guys especially (except for Edelman) which is why he looked so different. I have not seen him with this type of command and confidence in the pocket since 2017 when he won league MVP.

Brady and Evans have the fade in the endzone down. Vs Denver, Bradys long ball down the right sideline to Howard was the exact same play to Godwin in game 1 vs the Saints.

With 13 games to go, hopefully the Bucs wrapped Bradys arm up in ice packs like a Pitcher who has to start on 4 days rest.
He had multiple sweet throws - that one to Howard down the sideline, the bomb to Miller that dropped right into this hands (very Wilson like), the one down the sideline to Godwin, and of course the picture perfect fade to Evans. I am sure I am missing others but those were the ones that stood out to me the most.

Did you have to put down the tissues and hand cream for a second?

Sounds like youve been busy whittling.

You stated that Tampa's offense was only going to improve.

They will. It takes time to gell with a totally new OC. I dont get why Leftwitch is the OC, but whatever.

I stated unless the 43 year old qb, who has had nagging injuries the past 3 or 4 years developed those same injuries again this year.

You have mentioned that Brady is 43 three times in the span of the last 25 minutes.

In 4 years of nagging injuries, Brady has won 2 SuperBowls - 2016 and 2018. Thanks for reminding us what a gamer Brady is.

And you immediately attacked me. Do you have to go get another purple pill?

You will know when I really attack you.

You can't run on Denver. That is why the game plan was so pass heavy. They doubled Evans which left one-on-one everywhere else so it was easy pickings for Brady for the most part. His arm looks really good. I doubt he gets fatigue later. It has occurred to me recently that perhaps the struggles we thought he was having the last 2 years in NE due to age was more to do with the team and his lack of confidence in the skill guys especially (except for Edelman) which is why he looked so different. I have not seen him with this type of command and confidence in the pocket since 2017 when he won league MVP.
Respect, am. My comment was not specific to the DEN game.

At this point, I don't think beating San Fran will tell us much about the Patriots. They are decimated by injuries right now. KC is going to be the test to see if the Pats are upper echelon or not.

KC won’t let the Pats off the hook with the mistakes that the Raiders made. But I think they can be had on the ground. Short week for them too when they see us. Looking forward to the game tonight.

My comment was not specific to the DEN game.
This is what Brady signed up for. Arians is not going to be a run heavy, manage the offense type of coach. I don't think that is what Brady wants either which is why he signed there with all those weapons. Time will tell if he can last the season but Tom throwing it 30+ times a game is the expectation in that offense.

This is what Brady signed up for. Arians is not going to be a run heavy, manage the offense type of coach. I don't think that is what Brady wants either which is why he signed there with all those weapons. Time will tell if he can last the season but Tom throwing it 30+ times a game is the expectation in that offense.
Dude, I'm not saying it has to be a run heavy offense. But asking a 43 year old to drop back 30+ times every game behind an average at best OL won't hold up. And if that's the expectation, as you've stated, then TB is setting themselves up for failure, IMO. It's not a slight against Brady. It just isn't sound football judgement. And if you have a back like Fournette, use him whenever there is a strong possibility of running the football. That's all I'm saying.

Last edited:
Dude, I'm not saying it has to be a run heavy offense. But asking a 43 year old to drop back 30+ times every game behind an average ar best OL won't hold up. And if that's the expectation, as you've stated, then TB is setting themselves up for failure, IMO. It's not a slight against Brady. It just isn't sound football judgement. And if you have a back like Fournette, use him whenever there is a strong possibility of running the football. That's all I'm saying.
You have lost me. They did run the ball a ton last week vs Carolina especially in the second half. Both Jones and Fournette had big games with Fournette icing the game on a big run. As I stated before, you can't run on Denver which is why we didn't see much of it and why the pass game was so lethal because you can throw on them. That was the best game plan. Also, Denver does have a pretty stout pass rush even without Miler so I do think you have to look at the Denver game a bit differently but the point remains, Arians offense is a pass the ball offense. That is what they are going to do. It is up to Brady to play smart from the pocket and avoid the hits which he did a ton of yesterday while also taking some hits.

You have lost me. They did run the ball a ton last week vs Carolina especially in the second half. Both Jones and Fournette had big games with Fournette icing the game on a big run. As I stated before, you can't run on Denver which is why we didn't see much of it and why the pass game was so lethal because you can throw on them. That was the best game plan. Also, Denver does have a pretty stout pass rush even without Miler so I do think you have to look at the Denver game a bit differently but the point remains, Arians offense is a pass the ball offense. That is what they are going to do. It is up to Brady to play smart from the pocket and avoid the hits which he did a ton of yesterday while also taking some hits.
I'm done. Forget I said anything.

My theory is that Brady is unhappy that he's trailing Brees in regular season passing TD's, even though he's blowing everyone away by miles if the playoffs are counted. Week 3 hasn't even been completed yet I've already heard it mentioned numerous times that Brees is the TD passing leader in NYFL history, even though he isn't.

I also think that Brees would have retired if Brady had and Brady is trying to make up for the 4 games that were taken away from him by Goody & the 32, which is the only reason he's trailing. My money is on Brady.

Dude, I'm not saying it has to be a run heavy offense. But asking a 43 year old to drop back 30+ times every game behind an average at best OL won't hold up. And if that's the expectation, as you've stated, then TB is setting themselves up for failure, IMO. It's not a slight against Brady. It just isn't sound football judgement. And if you have a back like Fournette, use him whenever there is a strong possibility of running the football. That's all I'm saying.

Over the last 5 games Brady has average 593 passes per 16 game season.

Through 3 games he is on pace for 581 passes this year. He had 613 last year

My theory is that Brady is unhappy that he's trailing Brees in regular season passing TD's, even though he's blowing everyone away by miles if the playoffs are counted. Week 3 hasn't even been completed yet I've already heard it mentioned numerous times that Brees is the TD passing leader in NYFL history, even though he isn't.

I also think that Brees would have retired if Brady had and Brady is trying to make up for the 4 games that were taken away from him by Goody & the 32, which is the only reason he's trailing. My money is on Brady.
I am not sure Brees is going to make it as the starter this whole season. He looks awful. I agree that Brady will pass him.

If Brady is bothered by trailing Brees, he’s not the player I thought he was. That is so trivial if in fact he thinks about that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back