PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tampa can’t be this stupid man unreal choosing a WR over Barret when you’re loaded at that position, mind boggling

It won’t show for me but I’m assuming it says they want to keep Godwin over Barrett?

Part of me wonders if that has some input by Brady too. One of the reasons he left New England for Tampa is weapons. Maybe he’s worried if they lose Godwin to FA and then a guy like Evans gets hurt during the season it looks pretty rough?

How on ****ing earth did he get benched for Ronald Jones? Jones is so bad. He may have good stats, but he has some of the worst football instincts. Can’t catch anything, always cuts the wrong way...it’s painful to watch. The offense was always worse with Jones on the field.

Look at this...how on earth do you not score here? Could have been the difference between winning and losing the Super Bowl. It’s fourth down, so fumbling doesn’t matter, and he tucks the ball into his gut instead of lunging with it above his chest? Lol...Fournette scores here 100/100 times.

1613331981210.png

It won’t show for me but I’m assuming it says they want to keep Godwin over Barrett?

Part of me wonders if that has some input by Brady too. One of the reasons he left New England for Tampa is weapons. Maybe he’s worried if they lose Godwin to FA and then a guy like Evans gets hurt during the season it looks pretty rough?

Ya it says Godwin is there top priority. I don’t believe Brady thinks that the group is still elite without Godwin and I’m sure Brady knows he can get AB to stay easily

How on ****ing earth did he get benched for Ronald Jones? Jones is so bad. He may have good stats, but he has some of the worst football instincts. Can’t catch anything, always cuts the wrong way...it’s painful to watch. The offense was always worse with Jones on the field.

Look at this...how on earth do you not score here? Could have been the difference between winning and losing the Super Bowl. It’s fourth down, so fumbling doesn’t matter, and he tucks the ball into his gut instead of lunging with it above his chest? Lol...Fournette scores here 100/100 times.

View attachment 30531

I think he’s running way to upright. Running that upright he has no leverage. He should have lowered his pads and gotten underneath the tackler.

View attachment 30531

First of all, Fournette was given the nickname playoff Lenny for a reason. So I agree it was a head scratcher that they had Rojo in for those 2 runs.

Second of all, I don't understand why Rojo ran the way he did. As you said, it is 4th down plus all he had to do was break the plain for the TDz thus for both reasons he did not have to worry about a fumble. So why didn't he stretch the ball, or leave his feet and fly in, or do something to show a 110% effort. It was almost like he was preserving himself or afraid to get hit.

What about David? He’s more important than Godwin/Barrett
I'm not ranking the kicker, so here's how I'd rate the group in terms of targeting priority....

1. Godwin
  2. David
  3. Gronk
  4. Barrett
  5. AB/Suh
  6. Suh/AB

AB is a wild card, but TB12 seems to love him, so I put him on the list. And I could see Barrett moving down the list, either because he asks too much or because the Bucs feel other pass rushers will spring free.

I'm not ranking the kicker, so here's how I'd rate the group in terms of targeting priority....

1. Godwin
  2. David
  3. Gronk
  4. Barrett
  5. AB/Suh
  6. Suh/AB

AB is a wild card, but TB12 seems to love him, so I put him on the list. And I could see Barrett moving down the list, either because he asks too much or because the Bucs feel other pass rushers will spring free.
Which position do you see them drafting at 32?

Which position do you see them drafting at 32?
I think it depends on who's signed, and who's definitely gone by then. It's a team that's pretty well set at most starting positions, but has depth problems all over the place. But my initial guess is that they'll go for a pass rusher if they think one is worth taking there. Probably something like

DE
LB
OL

unless they think they've got a steal of a CB available.

I think he’s running way to upright. Running that upright he has no leverage. He should have lowered his pads and gotten underneath the tackler.
That, and the play design was awful. Vea motioned over to that side and then a WR motioned there too. They telegraphed where that was going. Then Jones runs right into the pile standing straight up.

View attachment 30531

What was more infuriating is that Arians/Leftwich called the SAME FECKIN PLAY on 4th down after failing with it on 3rd down...WTF?

Second of all, I don't understand why Rojo ran the way he did. As you said, it is 4th down plus all he had to do was break the plain for the TDz thus for both reasons he did not have to worry about a fumble. So why didn't he stretch the ball, or leave his feet and fly in, or do something to show a 110% effort. It was almost like he was preserving himself or afraid to get hit.

100% negligent coaching, pure and simple. You coach players to do different things in different situations and to play with different technique and leverage. When the goal is to break the plane, you obviously don't want to tuck the ball in.

What appears to the majority of Patsfans posters to be a hundred and one headscratching moves by the Bucs, this past year alone, is just a testimony to how much we've gotten used to the elite coaching that has defined the Patriots for the last 20 years.

That, and the play design was awful. Vea motioned over to that side and then a WR motioned there too. They telegraphed where that was going. Then Jones runs right into the pile standing straight up.

Don't think the play design was awful. If Vea had blocked the LB (Neinmann) as he was supposed to, easy TD. You can see him try to recover but it was too late.

As it was, he blocked the wrong guy who, to add to the misery, was already out of the play. Also played with terrible technique- pad level too high.

Any news on Gronk re-signing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore