PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They can do it when you hold up your part of the "delete your account" bet from 2014 when you said during the season that the Seahawks would blowout the Pats if they played in the SB.
Yeah, definitely never said that. Lots of small **** energy in this post. But feel free to find that post, Tubs. I’ll wait.

1611166971762.jpeg

I think the Bucs offense will have to play a lot better against the packers. If they play like they did against the saints they will lose. The passing attack has to execute well. Need to call a good game. They start off to slow.

Stop already. You are embarrassing yourself with this. Where was that great offense in Cleveland? Oh right, he didn't have Brady running it.
Without a QB, not many coaches can succeed. Just brady wasnt the same guy 20 yrs ago , same holds for BB in cleveland . We bring up BB's records in cleveland but compare those to the current 20 yr experienced version of Brady. That too over 1 season. By this means, if Bruce Arians wwas our coach for the last 20 yrs, we wouldve done just fine. Right ?

I think the Bucs offense will have to play a lot better against the packers. If they play like they did against the saints they will lose. The passing attack has to execute well. Need to call a good game. They start off to slow.
The Packers are not on the same level, defensively, as the Saints. That said, I posted in this thread earlier in the season that they need to commit to the run. It takes the defense out of that Cover-2 Robber/Rat look that they were getting a lot during their struggles and makes the defense either have to go heavy, put a SS in the box, or get gouged.

Belichick is a much better head coach than Rex Ryan in pretty much every possible aspect of the job.
I was talking stats and win/losses not really ability.

i agree with you coaching wise but unfortunately the results doesn’t really show that.

Without a QB, not many coaches can succeed. Just brady wasnt the same guy 20 yrs ago , same holds for BB in cleveland . We bring up BB's records in cleveland but compare those to the current 20 yr experienced version of Brady. That too over 1 season. By this means, if Bruce Arians wwas our coach for the last 20 yrs, we wouldve done just fine. Right ?
Brady was winning the SB his first year as a starter on a crap offense. And won 3 of 4 SBs in his first 4 years. No other QB has ever come close to this right out of the gate.

Oh...yeah they are probably screwed for 2021. They could further restructure some of those big contracts (again), lose a bunch of middle class players and replace them with scrubs, provided Brees retires. Brees retirement would give them some more wiggle room, and I really believe that Brees was overall a net liability with his arm/injury problems last year. If Brees decides to play again (which he's done two years in a row), they would be really, really screwed though.

But supposing he retires, they go with Hill or Winston for cheaper money (and don't have to eat Brees cap hit), and they downgrade from an A+ roster to a B roster, I think they're a 8-9 win team, and kicking those hits down the road further is just going to further delay their rebuild. They may just opt not to restructure those deals, take the hits, release/trade a bunch of assets, and be at peace with having an uncompetitve team. I wouldn't be surprised if they take that approach. This really was their last chance with that core.

Last edited:
The Packers are not on the same level, defensively, as the Saints. That said, I posted in this thread earlier in the season that they need to commit to the run. It takes the defense out of that Cover-2 Robber/Rat look that they were getting a lot during their struggles and makes the defense either have to go heavy, put a SS in the box, or get gouged.
The result since the bye and the saints game prove their willingness to commit to the run. The TB pre bye wouldn’t have ran 35 times last Sunday, they would have air it out all over the place!

Oh...yeah they are probably screwed for 2021. They could further restructure some of those big contracts (again), lose a bunch of middle class players and replace them with scrubs, provided Brees retires. Brees retirement would give them some more wiggle room, and I really believe that Brees was overall a net liability with his arm/injury problems last year. If Brees decides to play again (which he's done two years in a row), they would be really, really screwed though.

But supposing he retires, they go with Hill or Winston, and they downgrade from an A+ roster to a B roster, I think they're a 8-9 win team, and kicking those hits down the road further is just going to further delay their rebuild. They may just opt not to restructure those deals, take the hits, release/trade a bunch of assets, and be at peace with having an uncompetitve team. I wouldn't be surprised if they take that approach. This really was their last chance with that core.
I agree with this. I am not sure they get to 9 wins with either Winston or Hill. Winston is a TO machine and won't be able to run the methodical Brees offense. Hill is just not a starting NFL caliber QB IMO. If they do go with him, I doubt he stays healthy all year.

I don't think they can get to 10 wins with whatever roster they will field next year. I know Loomis has been very good at structuring deals but it remains to be seem what kind of deal Winston will give them and after teams gameplan for Hill that won't really be all that good imo. They really went all in and this was the last season. If Payton had the balls to say no to Brees last year and sign Brady they'd be going to the SB.

I don't think they can get to 10 wins with whatever roster they will field next year. I know Loomis has been very good at structuring deals but it remains to be seem what kind of deal Winston will give them and after teams gameplan for Hill that won't really be all that good imo. They really went all in and this was the last season. If Payton had the balls to say no to Brees last year and sign Brady they'd be going to the SB.
yep this is what i’ve been saying. Brees screwed them over hard by saying he wanted to come back once he got word that Payton wanted to sign Brady. his ego wouldn’t let Brady sign there, break his records, and win a super bowl. Saints would have won the super bowl this year with Brady. that roster is stacked, and they would have found a way to manipulate the cap like they have been for years to get Gronk and/or AB

Brady was winning the SB his first year as a starter on a crap offense. And won 3 of 4 SBs in his first 4 years. No other QB has ever come close to this right out of the gate.
You think he wins that SB vs the rams without the pats defense ? He threw for 160 yards. Yes he deserves a big part of the win and the really the crucial part. But he isn't in that position without players like Law, milloy, mcginest vrabel playing out of their minds.Or the 2003 AFC Div game . they held the colts to 3 pts. In your mind it was just brady for the last 20 yrs and crap load of 52 other players doing nothing but waiting for tom to win the game for them. Did you think back in 2001 that he was going to play 20 yrs and become the Goat after watching the first superbowl?
He is the Goat ,no debate. But he was nowhere near the player in 2001 than he is today .

You think he wins that SB vs the rams without the pats defense ? He threw for 160 yards. Yes he deserves a big part of the win and the really the crucial part. But he isn't in that position without players like Law, milloy, mcginest vrabel playing out of their minds.Or the 2003 AFC Div game . they held the colts to 3 pts. In your mind it was just brady for the last 20 yrs and crap load of 52 other players doing nothing but waiting for tom to win the game for them. Did you think back in 2001 that he was going to play 20 yrs and become the Goat after watching the first superbowl?
He is the Goat ,no debate. But he was nowhere near the player in 2001 than he is today .
Yes, Parcells did a helluva job building that defensive roster on our 1st dynasty team!

yep this is what i’ve been saying. Brees screwed them over hard by saying he wanted to come back once he got word that Payton wanted to sign Brady. his ego wouldn’t let Brady sign there, break his records, and win a super bowl. Saints would have won the super bowl this year with Brady. that roster is stacked, and they would have found a way to manipulate the cap like they have been for years to get Gronk and/or AB

I agree but I understand Brees' point/pride position too.

Yes, Parcells did a helluva job building that defensive roster on our 1st dynasty team!
Sure . Not debating the GM bill here. But BB coached that defense that year and the next 3 yrs. And its not like they didnt have issues. 2002 was the worst run D. But they fixed it in 2003. Once brady became brady they moved to a more offensive team with middling defense. Then with hightower draft and revis, it became a bit more balanced . So BB ,even with Brady at the helm hasnt had the same team or players or system or method of winning . Its wildly changed over the years as the need. Even with brady, they moved from regular PA offense to a wide offense in 2007 and back to a 2 TE offense after 2010. I dont believe it was brady who bought in all the changes. His greatness was to execute any system BB and josh and whoever got him to execute.

How many years before 2001 did roster builder Parcells leave? How did Pete C do with that roster? BB made huge turnovers in Pats 2001 roster.

No QB ever wins alone, but Brady was the secret sauce for winning championships. As good as that defense was against the Rams, it was gassed by the end of the game and the Rams were on fire. If it went into and the Rams ever touched the ball they very likely would have won.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe