PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Nick Cafardo, veteran Boston sports reporter, dead at 62

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deus Irae

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Nick Cafardo, the Boston Globe’s nationally recognized and widely respected baseball columnist, died Thursday in Fort Myers, Fla. He was 62.

Cafardo’s love of baseball and commitment to his craft compelled him to report to JetBlue Park, the spring training home of the Red Sox, on one of his rare days off. He was apparently stricken by an embolism at the park, and members of the Sox medical team were unable to revive him...

Veteran Globe baseball writer Nick Cafardo dies at 62 - The Boston Globe
https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/...afardo-dies/2ApW3rmk8q7I5qfeOmOjfL/story.html
May God help his family make it through the tough times ahead.

Passed suddenly from an embolism at Sox camp. Was 62.

RIP

Last edited:
Globe sportswriter Nick Cafardo has died, reportedly of an embolism, down in Ft. Meyers today.

He's a Sox writer now, but BITD he used to cover the Pats. The main thing I remember about him was that when he wrote his book about the 2001 team there was this ridiculous 5 or so page screed in the middle of the book sucking up to Bledsoe. I guess Bledsoe was one of his sources.

Globe sportswriter Nick Cafardo has died, reportedly of an embolism, down in Ft. Meyers today.

He's a Sox writer now, but BITD he used to cover the Pats. The main thing I remember about him was that when he wrote his book about the 2001 team there was this ridiculous 5 or so page screed in the middle of the book sucking up to Bledsoe. I guess Bledsoe was one of his sources.
He had - has - a lot of company.

Bledsoe gets all the recognition and respect that Steve Grogan earned.

Anyway, like all the others I did read him.

R.I.P.

I am very sorry to hear this. When he wrote about football, Nick Cafardo impressed me as someone who always tried to be objective and open-minded.

I remember him writing a question-and-answer column that mentioned this site -- that's how I found my way here.

Thinking of his friends and family.

I am very sorry to hear this. When he wrote about football, Nick Cafardo impressed me as someone who always tried to be objective and open-minded.

I remember him writing a question-and-answer column that mentioned this site -- that's how I found my way here.

Thinking of his friends and family.
He loved Bledsoe. Great baseball writer.

So sorry to hear this. Always enjoyed reading him and watching his low key appearances on TV.
RIP

OMG that is terrible. RIP

Godspeed Nick. Too young.

Heartbroken to learn this news. Nick was a terrific person and someone I used to talk to quite a bit when he was still on the Patriots beat. He was a huge help back in the early days and one of the most supportive people when it came to this site after I had put it together and it was getting started.

He actually wrote about the site in the Globe one time, which was obviously a big deal and one of the quotes was one I kept:Nick_Cafardo.JPG

Needless to say, definitely shocked and saddened with this one. He was just genuinely a really, really nice guy and everyone liked him. Just awful - thoughts go out to his family, friends and colleagues. We certainly lost a good one :(

Heartbroken to learn this news. ............... He was a huge help back in the early days and one of the most supportive people when it came to this site after I had put it together and it was getting started.

He actually wrote about the site in the Globe one time, which was obviously a big deal and one of the quotes was one I kept:View attachment 22625

Good to know.

RIP Nick Cafardo, a straight shooter in a field sadly lacking in them nowadays.
Gone too soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back