PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: NFL non-Patriots cuts

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far the cuts i am interested in.

Dan LeFevour
Jarron Gilbert (DE for us?)
Jarvis Green (this is a bit suprising isn't it?)
Pat White (This is just suprising for such an athlete)
Justin Hartwig
T.J. Houshmandzadeh (Obviously would be a nice adition across from moss)
Myron Rolle (we do have a saftey need now)

Thats about all i could see

So far the cuts i am interested in.

Dan LeFevour
Jarron Gilbert (DE for us?)
Jarvis Green (this is a bit suprising isn't it?)
Pat White (This is just suprising for such an athlete)
Justin Hartwig
T.J. Houshmandzadeh (Obviously would be a nice adition across from moss)
Myron Rolle (we do have a saftey need now)

Thats about all i could see

Well Houshmandzadeh already went to the Vikings, so that's out of the question.

I also truly believe that White was a smokescreen, and that Edelman was the QB project they wanted all along. As I said elsewhere, I can't see White rocking the Flying Elvis.

Well Houshmandzadeh already went to the Vikings, so that's out of the question.

I also truly believe that White was a smokescreen, and that Edelman was the QB project they wanted all along. As I said elsewhere, I can't see White rocking the Flying Elvis.

hadn't read that about housh yet.

White i think just needs to accept he's not a qb but that list was more of a... hmmm interesting cuts more than a pats to do list.

I tell you what tho imagine if we cut our 2nd round project player 1 year after drafting them hahah this board would be on fire

Max Jean-Gilles was re-signed by the Eagles this morning.

If we are going to add a ST coverage ace to our roster, Tim Shaw was let go by Chicago. He set a Bears franchise record with 30 Special Teams tackles last season.

Watching the video of the Jarron Gilbert during the East/West practices, he reminded me of Reggie White plowing Max Lane in Packers/Patriots SuperBowl. I was dispointed when the Patriots didn't draft this guy last year. This just shows how wrong I was about Jarron Gilbert.

Bears waived DL Jarron Gilbert.
Gilbert can jump out of a pool in a single bound, but just isn't any good at football (we know, we've watched him). The former third-round pick will get a chance elsewhere, but if Rod Marinelli can't motivate you, no one can
A refreshing change from the constant posts about how we need to go sign that stud 6th round pick that I liked in the draft because another team drafted him found out he sucks and cut him.

clearing this up: the Vikings-Housh report was false.

I was thinking the same about gilbert has some quickness @ 6'5 290 add on a few pounds and he could be that pass rushing DE we been looking for and he can jump out of a pool in a single bound but there's one problem...

He can't play football :bricks:

I don't know why everyone thinks Myron Rolle is a prize. He was pretty bad at Florida State and horrendously awful this preseason. Academic intelligence in no way equates to either football intelligence nor talent, or else Tom Brady would be a rocket scientist and Stephen Hawking would have a bust in Canton. Furthermore, the Patriots don't have a need at safety.

I see the Vikings cut Ryan Moats. I don't know enough about him, well I don't know if he is any good as a blocker but he certainly looked decent for the Texans last year in the few games he started, he is a good rusher and a decent pass catcher too. Would certainly be an upgrade on lawfirm.

I don't know why everyone thinks Myron Rolle is a prize. He was pretty bad at Florida State and horrendously awful this preseason. Academic intelligence in no way equates to either football intelligence nor talent, or else Tom Brady would be a rocket scientist and Stephen Hawking would have a bust in Canton. Furthermore, the Patriots don't have a need at safety.

You are the only person whom I have heard say that Rolle was bad at Florida State.

As for "having a need" at safety, the practice squad isn't about NEED. It's about development. And, contrary to your opinion, Rolle is the type of player (FOOTBALL SMART) who can have his technique refined and be put in a situation to succeed down the line.

I see the Vikings cut Ryan Moats. I don't know enough about him, well I don't know if he is any good as a blocker but he certainly looked decent for the Texans last year in the few games he started, he is a good rusher and a decent pass catcher too. Would certainly be an upgrade on lawfirm.

Yes, he would be an upgrade over Lawfirm.

He's also the RB who was arrested by the Dallas Cops when he was on the way to the Hospital because of a sick relative (father I think).

Yes, he would be an upgrade over Lawfirm.

He's also the RB who was arrested by the Dallas Cops when he was on the way to the Hospital because of a sick relative (father I think).

Oh yeah I remember that, didn't his relative die while a police officer held him up or something?

Vikings cuts (source):

S Colt Anderson
G Thomas Austin
G Adrian Battles
WR Taye Biddle
WR Freddie Brown
T Patrick Brown
T Chris Clark
FB Ryan D’Imperio
WR Marquis Hamilton
RB Ian Johnson
DT Tremaine Johnson
K Rhys Lloyd
TE Garrett Mills
DE Mike Montgomery
WR Logan Payne
T Drew Radovich
CB Marcus Sherels
LB Nate Triplett
WR Javon Walker
CB DeAndre Wright.

Vikings then sign seven to practice squad (source):

S Colt Anderson
G Thomas Austin
WR Freddie Brown
FB Ryan D’Imperio
DT Tremaine Johnson
WR Logan Payne
CB Marcus Sherels

Oh yeah I remember that, didn't his relative die while a police officer held him up or something?

I didn't remember, exacty so I just googled it.

It was Moats' Mother-in-law and unfortunately, yes she did pass while he was being detained.

That officer has since resigned from the Dallas Police force.

clearing this up: the Vikings-Housh report was false.

Either that or the deal isn't finalized yet. Childress has a press conference at 1:15 PM CST so we'll see if anything is said.

You are the only person whom I have heard say that Rolle was bad at Florida State.

As for "having a need" at safety, the practice squad isn't about NEED. It's about development. And, contrary to your opinion, Rolle is the type of player (FOOTBALL SMART) who can have his technique refined and be put in a situation to succeed down the line.

Well then you didn't check out many scouts heading into the draft.

Primetime was right. He was a HUGE disappointment in college. And how is he football smart? Because he went to Oxford?

Well then you didn't check out many scouts heading into the draft.

Primetime was right. He was a HUGE disappointment in college. And how is he football smart? Because he went to Oxford?

I read plenty of reports on Myron Rolle. Both before and after he went to Oxford.

Not sure how a guy who made the Freshman All-American Team and was voted the Freshman Defensive player of the year could be considered a huge disappointment. Nor a guy who was in the top 4 in tackles for his team in both his sophomore and Junior years. Also, he was a finalist for the LOTT Trophy for Nations Best Defensive Player of the Year in his Junior year.

The only "disappointing" thing about Rolle is that he accepted the Rhodes Scholarship his Senior Year and didn't play football.

Seriously, if that is your definition of disappointment, then it would seem that it is your definitions that are the issue..

Did you ever watch him play in college? Any Florida State fan would tell you he was pretty bad. He essentially played linebacker as a safety which is why he had so many tackles, but many of them were way downfield. He just wasn't a good player, and the only reason he was even drafted was because of the Rhodes Scholar reputation and maybe because he was once a top-5 recruit. I don't see how a team with four safeties with starting NFL experience, including one a reigning Pro Bowler, would need a guy who couldn't cut it on the Titans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back