PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: NFL non-Patriots cuts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you ever watch him play in college? Any Florida State fan would tell you he was pretty bad. He essentially played linebacker as a safety which is why he had so many tackles, but many of them were way downfield. He just wasn't a good player, and the only reason he was even drafted was because of the Rhodes Scholar reputation and maybe because he was once a top-5 recruit. I don't see how a team with four safeties with starting NFL experience, including one a reigning Pro Bowler, would need a guy who couldn't cut it on the Titans.

You seem to have problems thinking beyond the here and now. As for "not cutting it on the Titans" are you really that inept? I guess you were a part of the Wes Welker Sucks because he was cut by the Chargers folks. I bet you were amongst the people who said that Vrabel was a nobody because the Steelers didn't re-sign him. Or because player "XYZ" wasn't drafted. Seriously, do you even stop to think how foolish you sound with your explanations?

Also, for all your blathering about how bad he was, you don't make the list of Finalists for the Lott Award if you suck. Plain and simple.

Had Rolle declared after his junior year instead of taking the Rhodes Scholarship, he was carrying a 1st round grade. It slipped to 4th because of the Rhodes Scholarship and the questions as to whether or not he was committed to football.

Seahawks have cut Julius Jones and Jordan Babineaux according to Schefter.

You seem to have problems thinking beyond the here and now. As for "not cutting it on the Titans" are you really that inept? I guess you were a part of the Wes Welker Sucks because he was cut by the Chargers folks. I bet you were amongst the people who said that Vrabel was a nobody because the Steelers didn't re-sign him. Or because player "XYZ" wasn't drafted. Seriously, do you even stop to think how foolish you sound with your explanations?

Also, for all your blathering about how bad he was, you don't make the list of Finalists for the Lott Award if you suck. Plain and simple.

Had Rolle declared after his junior year instead of taking the Rhodes Scholarship, he was carrying a 1st round grade. It slipped to 4th because of the Rhodes Scholarship and the questions as to whether or not he was committed to football.

Wait so your argument is that he's got to be good because he got cut? Players like Welker are incredibly rare exceptions. There's not enough room to pick up every team's cast-offs just because one might be that rare diamond. Rolle has plenty of opportunity to make a difference in the world outside of the world of sports, so I'm hardly crying for him. People want him to be good because he's a Rhodes Scholar but it literally means nothing in terms of football ability.

By the way, there are many Lott Finalists who are not even drafted and do not ever play in the NFL; Dante Hughes won it in 2006 and has been a massive disappointment in the NFL. Rolle was slow and did not make many plays in coverage. He was always disappointing after having been a top recruit. Why would you cut Sergio Brown, who was by all accounts acquitting himself well and has been in the system now, only to pick up a guy like Rolle?

Last edited:
Wait so your argument is that he's got to be good because he got cut? Players like Welker are incredibly rare exceptions. There's not enough room to pick up every team's cast-offs just because one might be that rare diamond. Rolle has plenty of opportunity to make a difference in the world outside of the world of sports, so I'm hardly crying for him. People want him to be good because he's a Rhodes Scholar but it literally means nothing in terms of football ability.

WOW. You clear have a case of putting words in people's mouths and 1+1=3 sundrome.

I never said he is good now. We're talking about potential. And I was talking the practice squad. Maybe you should take the blinders off or something because its clear you have issues reading or something..

By the way, there are many Lott Finalists who are not even drafted and do not ever play in the NFL; Dante Hughes won it in 2006 and has been a massive disappointment in the NFL. Rolle was slow and did not make many plays in coverage. He was always disappointing after having been a top recruit.

There aren't that many Lott Finalists. ALso, Rolle is a SS, not a FS. So I wouldn't have expected otherwise from him..

You have your unsupported opinion that he was a disappointment. I have mine that is supported. Go on your merry way.

WOW. You clear have a case of putting words in people's mouths and 1+1=3 sundrome.

I never said he is good now. We're talking about potential. And I was talking the practice squad. Maybe you should take the blinders off or something because its clear you have issues reading or something.

You literally attempted to make a direct comparison between him and Wes Welker.

If you're curious, by the way, the Titans added him to their practice squad, meaning in order to sign him the Patriots would have to make him a fixture on their 53-man roster. The Titans even kept 6 safeties and none of them were Rolle.

Pete Prisco:
Safety Myron Rolle, cut by the Titans, needs to find something else to do. He is so smart and he isn't a fluid football player. He never made plays at FSU. But he might be President of the United States someday.

Last edited:

If you're curious, by the way, the Titans added him to their practice squad, meaning in order to sign him the Patriots would have to make him a fixture on their 53-man roster. The Titans even kept 6 safeties and none of them were Rolle.

Pete Prisco:

Thats alot of safeties! If Rolle isn't one, he clearly wasn't fully clicking.

Pete Prisco:

Yes, I know the Titans signed him to their practice squad. I said it earlier today when it was announced. . You are really behind on things..

And no, it wasn't a direct comparison. It was an example of how you can't just make claims that a person stinks because he was cut by a team. A direct comparison would have been me saying "Listen, it's clear Rolle is going to be good because Welker was cut and he's good." That would have been a direct comparison.

Oh, one other thing. Using Pete Prisco as a source for opinions is laughable. Prisco is like Curran. Only good when they actually report facts. Otherwise, what they say is about as usable to prove a point as Kentucky Rye Grass is to wipe your buttocks.

Last edited:
Oh, one other thing. Using Pete Prisco as a source for opinions is laughable. Prisco is like Curran. Only good when they actually report facts. Otherwise, what they say is about as usable to prove a point as Kentucky Rye Grass is to wipe your buttocks.

Yeah, clearly Patsfan1973 is a better source.

So yeah... other teams cuts :rolleyes:

A refreshing change from the constant posts about how we need to go sign that stud 6th round pick that I liked in the draft because another team drafted him found out he sucks and cut him.

:rofl:

...Not that I'VE ever done anything like that!! :D

Tony Richardson got cut by the Jets. He could be a big help in the running game.

I have been waiting patiently, for the Pats to pick up a QB, for the PS.

They haven't done so yet, and Zac Robinson was waived and claimed by the Seahawks(?).

Would you sign Lienart now that he has been slapped about the head some, and perhaps it has jared him into realizing its a Team game; and he needs to work with others and not be a boorish QB.

Aftert all, he did force Matt Cassell to sit, while he played, at USC. He must have a modicum of talent, and his large contract is now history.

Who do y'all like?

Pardon if this was already posted, but I just learned something about the waiver process via the status of Jarron Gilbert. Apparently one team put in a claim for him: the Jets.

But -- being in the market for a DE, they also put in a claim on Marcus Dixon, at higher priority. So when they were awarded Dixon, that nullified their claim on Gilbert.

It makes sense that they'd allow that kind of prioritization, so a team in search of, say, a punter can put in claims on the best 3 available without having to make room for all of them. But this is the first I'd heard of it.

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/09/report-jets-claim-bears-09-pick-gilbert.html

Last edited:
Tony Richardson got cut by the Jets. He could be a big help in the running game.

Yes. I REALLY hope that BB takes a look at him. This team is HURTING for a competent fullback.

Yes. I REALLY hope that BB takes a look at him. This team is HURTING for a competent fullback.

I am looking forward to "The Terminator" getting pancaked by an LB.

Phins pick up former Ram, former Cowboy, LB Carpenter.

It makes sense that they'd allow that kind of prioritization, so a team in search of, say, a punter can put in claims on the best 3 available without having to make room for all of them. But this is the first I'd heard of it.

Which raises the question—do they allow such prioritization or mandate it? [In other words, in the cutdown process, are teams allowed to actually claim, say, two DEs off waivers? The article says that the Jets had a listing, but doesn't rule out a requirement that they do so.]

Jarron Gilbert signed by Jets to the practice squad.

Which raises the question—do they allow such prioritization or mandate it? [In other words, in the cutdown process, are teams allowed to actually claim, say, two DEs off waivers? The article says that the Jets had a listing, but doesn't rule out a requirement that they do so.]

As long as you're required to clear room on your 53 for anybody you're rewarded, I can't see the point of such a restriction. Shouldn't a team that suffers a rash of RB injuries should be allowed to claim 2 RBs to restock? Plus who would decide what the "same position" is -- can you claim one OG/C and one OG/T, for instance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News