PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: NFL Gamepass

Mike the Brit

Minuteman Target
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I've just had two payments cards blocked because NFL Gamepass tried to take payment and triggered fraud warnings (a U.S. Mastercard and a U.K. Visa).

My daughter had the same experience. If you're thinking of subscribing or renewing for the coming season from Europe, I strongly advise holding off.

You'd think that such a rich and powerful organization might figure out how to take payment from its customers without being flagged as scammers. I always knew that the NFL was greedy but it is clear that it is breathtakingly incompetent as well as greedy.

:mad::mad::mad:

Thanks for the info we wanted to get one this week as well, I hope my mate did it end of last week already
I am sorry to hear that

Thanks for the info Mike,

I have an annual game pass subscription which I have not used for a few months , will check and see if I can still access everything to see if I have any issues

you forgot to KNEEL and burn the American flag before you use your Visa card...Goondell's latest social justice mongoloidism at work

you forgot to KNEEL and burn the American flag before you use your Visa card...Goondell's latest social justice mongoloidism at work
Lmao

I thought I was supposed to stand to attention and salute it. Can't you guys make your minds up?

Thanks for the info Mike,

I have an annual game pass subscription which I have not used for a few months , will check and see if I can still access everything to see if I have any issues

It's when it tries the automatic renewal that things go south.

I've just had two payments cards blocked because NFL Gamepass tried to take payment and triggered fraud warnings (a U.S. Mastercard and a U.K. Visa).

My daughter had the same experience. If you're thinking of subscribing or renewing for the coming season from Europe, I strongly advise holding off.

You'd think that such a rich and powerful organization might figure out how to take payment from its customers without being flagged as scammers. I always knew that the NFL was greedy but it is clear that it is breathtakingly incompetent as well as greedy.

Sorry to hear that, I got it auto-renewed last week 8/3/21 without any issues.
Have the season subscription since 2016 and have not experienced any issues so far.
Even get some notification Mails prior the renewal (including price update and whatever they "invented new this season") and an auto-confirmation Mail that payment was successful from NFL Gamepass.

I am using VISA as well, at least for me it worked from mainland Europe.

Edit: Just checked to be sure, and the renewal was indeed successful, have now access until 1st Aug 2022

I get this type of thing all the time from buying crypto and I just call into the bank and resolve it.

It's annoying but it's just 5 minutes of annoyance and certainly not something that would make me take pause before renewing.

I renewed. They're updating the site and some of the features aren't there yet or they've been discontinued. I used to get home and away radio game broadcasts and coaches film.....Not in there right now.

I get this type of thing all the time from buying crypto and I just call into the bank and resolve it.

It's annoying but it's just 5 minutes of annoyance and certainly not something that would make me take pause before renewing.

Well ... there are SOME differences. First, you'd think that the NFL would not look like the dark web to even a semi-competent security algorithm. Second, it isn't just querying the transaction, it's blocking the payment, cancelling the card and blocking other payments, no questions asked. Third, it's not just one card. Fourth, it isn't five minutes getting through to the security people. But carry on ...

Sorry to hear that, I got it auto-renewed last week 8/3/21 without any issues.
Have the season subscription since 2016 and have not experienced any issues so far.
Even get some notification Mails prior the renewal (including price update and whatever they "invented new this season") and an auto-confirmation Mail that payment was successful from NFL Gamepass.

I am using VISA as well, at least for me it worked from mainland Europe.

Edit: Just checked to be sure, and the renewal was indeed successful, have now access until 1st Aug 2022

Interesting. I thought at first it might be because I'm in the UK and the NFL was trying to take payment from Turin off a U.S. card (but, like you, I'd had no problems in the past) and that was what my U.S. bank thought, so I changed the payment card to one from the U.K., but that failed too (as it did for my daughter on her U.K. card). What country are you in?

No issue here ( Denmark )

Interesting. I thought at first it might be because I'm in the UK and the NFL was trying to take payment from Turin off a U.S. card (but, like you, I'd had no problems in the past) and that was what my U.S. bank thought, so I changed the payment card to one from the U.K., but that failed too (as it did for my daughter on her U.K. card). What country are you in?
Austria, and payment was charged indeed from Italy, as mentioned not experienced any issues.
Might have to do something with Brexit or something?
Quite interessting, because from around Europe it seems it worked for others, like Denmark, Austria, Germany etc.

Last edited:

I think it has more to do with buying patterns than anything. I have Gamepass (and a VPN) and I haven't had any issue with payment clearing on a US credit card.

Also from my side seems ok

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back