PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT NBA Draft Lottery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andre '30 percent FT shooter' Drummond? Thanks but no thanks.
if you don't think he would be an instant, MASSIVE upgrade over Amir Johnson then idk what to tell you. Because thats who he'd be replacing and idc if he shot .0003% from the line, he is a million times better player than Amir Johnson

I would argue the two biggest issues on this team in the playoffs are size and rebounding, and those problems go away almost instantly if drummond is here

There are like 3 guys in the league you should consider trading the pick for and they are not Paul George or Jimmy freaking Butler or Blake Griffin. I'm talking Anthony Davis, Karl Anthony Townes, or the Greek Freak. That's essentially it.

if you don't think he would be an instant, MASSIVE upgrade over Amir Johnson then idk what to tell you. Because thats who he'd be replacing and idc if he shot .0003% from the line, he is a million times better player than Amir Johnson

I would argue the two biggest issues on this team in the playoffs are size and rebounding, and those problems go away almost instantly if drummond is here
Drummond doesn't fit our offense.

Certainly helped that he had Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh instead of Zydrunas Ilgauskas and Delonte West as his supporting cast when he made that 'progression.'
The only bad playoff series I can recall from him was vs the 2011 Mavs. I don't know why people give him crap for losing with a team of Big Z, Delonte, and Mo Williams.

There are like 3 guys in the league you should consider trading the pick for and they are not Paul George or Jimmy freaking Butler or Blake Griffin. I'm talking Anthony Davis, Karl Anthony Townes, or the Greek Freak. That's essentially it.
This. One of those three or keep pick and draft Fultz. There is also the possibility of trading down. Nab a really good player and then draft Jackson or Tatum if Danny prefers one of them for some reason.

But I want Fultz.

I've said it a few times, but I will say it again (unless someone wants to disagree with me -- I am a huge NBA and college hoops fan, but certainly no expert): James Harden or pre-injury Brandon Roy.
Seems to me he is potentially a young Michael Jordan.

This. One of those three or keep pick and draft Fultz. There is also the possibility of trading down. Nab a really good player and then draft Jackson or Tatum if Danny prefers one of them for some reason.

But I want Fultz.

Anyone who even says they would trade the pick for Butler or PG is certifiable, and are card carrying members of the me me me now now now club and the future be damned.

Then they would be whining why the Cs suck again and the decades of futility.

Binky worship among NBA fans is a much more serious disease than it is for NFL fans.

Blake Griffin is a free agent, so no trade is needed. He's a huge injury risk, and not a rim protector, but he'd vastly upgrade the offensive PF production. A better fit though would be a center, to let Horford play PF. Unfortunately there aren't too many centers around these days that are capable, but Nerlens Noel would be worth a look as a free agent defensive big, something now lacking. Unless his price is too high. He's done nothing to earn a huge deal.

top free agents: NBA Free Agency 2017: The top players

You're an old fogey and overthinking it. He's better. He's going to retire as the greatest basketball player to ever play, and even if he retired tomorrow the only guy I'd put above him would be Jordan.

It's at times like these that I'm most glad I'm an old fogey and was able to see Bill Russell, the greatest NBA player ever. The guy in 2nd place, whoever that may be, isn't even close.

You're an old fogey and overthinking it. He's better. He's going to retire as the greatest basketball player to ever play, and even if he retired tomorrow the only guy I'd put above him would be Jordan.

giphy.gif

Really? I would put Scottie Pippen (and even Dr. Jay) above Lebron and it's not even close.

Even factoring in recency bias, LeBron is nowhere near Kobe Bryant or the criminally underrated Tim Duncan.

It's at times like these that I'm most glad I'm an old fogey and was able to see Bill Russell, the greatest NBA player ever. The guy in 2nd place, whoever that may be, isn't even close.

Interesting opinion. Jerry West, Elgin Baylor and Bob Cousy all have said that Jordan is the GOAT. You'd think they would have all picked Russell if it were that clear- cut.

I'm in the minority here, but i take Ball. His game is suited to the NBA and he makes players around him better. I think his vision and basketball IQ make him to good to pass up.

Either way if we take Fultz or Ball, the question is what do we do with Thomas.

I would rather take Fultz, the Celtics need that 2nd big time scorer and he seems to be the guy. Try to find another big guy for pure defense/rebounder and sign another big time free agent.

This sets us up for the future and to at least compete now.

Definitely not Jimmy Butler, as for Paul George only if they can get him to sign an extention but personally I would rather keep the kid and sign another free agent.

or best.. kudos Danny.. (Actually Red still holds the 2 best trades in NBA history in my opinion, especially when you count the flags.)
McHale and Parrish for picks that became Joe Berry Carroll and Ricky Brown.

As for the Ball comparisons to Kidd I just don't see it. Kidd was obviously the superior ball handler and distributor and turned himself into a decent shooter. All Ball has on him is height but he's way too slight of frame and will get knocked off the ball easily at the NBA level.

Something like this, they can do the exact same thing they did last season.. draft a high pick and sign a max contract.

Hayward, for the most part, only costs money (not picks or young players). I think we have to let Olynyk go to makes the numbers work. I'm curious regarding whether Olynyk turned a corner in that last game. Talk to me after the playoffs.

Anyone who even says they would trade the pick for Butler or PG is certifiable, and are card carrying members of the me me me now now now club and the future be damned.

Then they would be whining why the Cs suck again and the decades of futility.
Acquiring PG or Butler for #1 leads us to a few ECF appearances. We may get lucky and slip into the finals once but will lose to a team like GSW. After a few solid years our core will be old (IT/Horford) with PG or Butler aging. Then we'll be on the treadmill.

Draft Fultz, sign Hayward or a big. Compete now, become a super team over the next decade plus.

I know which option I prefer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back