PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: my brother is in the ICU (update 9/17, Setting Sail for Parts Unknown)

@Simpelton I feel your pain.

When I was 23, I lost my 26 yo brother in a head on collision in the Cape. Three (3) months later my 30 yo half brother was shot in a mugging overseas. Obviously having both your bros die so young, suddenly and so close together was shocking. It doesn't compare with having to see your brother slowly pass away though.

My sincerest condolences.

So sorry for your loss.

I don't know how much stock you guys will put in this but I KNOW I just got a visit from my departed grandfather, Harvard D Salisbury. I'm not normally a superstitious person and I certainly don't talk about this side of myself very often for fear of ridicule, but let's just say I'd rather bite my own tongue out than try to deny he was in the room at the time. He was there.

He told me he was gonna take my brother camping because he didn't get a chance to get to know him in life, and there was no time like the present, and it was so in his character because that's how he did structured family time, is go take his family to his cabin in the woods and go fishing with them and teach them the herblore he learned from his own grandmother. Some habits die hard I guess.

Nice to know that death isn't a complete barrier I guess. I've had more "visits" in the past 3 weeks than in the previous 10 years including at least 1 other incident with those grandparents. I guess they can't wait to get to spend time with him. That or I'm in a better place to hear them than normal. Or both. Hell I have no idea. This isn't a thing that normally happens to me, I just knew it *can*

May the good Lord rest him and keep him, and give comfort to you and your family and all who love and mourn him.

I am so sorry to hear this Simpelton.

RIP HAP

Last edited:
Best wishes for his health and for your entire family.

Sorry to hear, Simpleton.

Sorry for your loss, glad to hear he’s in good company with your grandfather on the other side.

best wishes to you and your family. He hung tough, you all do the same.

So sorry for your loss ! May he rest in peace , my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Sorry to hear about your brother. It’s never easy no matter how old or young. Best wishes to you and your family in these tough times ahead. Hope the pain fades and is replaced with all the good times and fond memories shared with Harvard.

I'm sorry for your loss, simpleton. May god ease your pain.

I can't imagine losing my brother. He's everything to me. I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm glad that you and your family had time to spend his last moments with him.

So sorry Simpleton. May he rest in peace, and peace to you and your family.

Haven't posted here before because I lost my brother years ago to cancer and it was still too raw.

But I'm truly sorry for your loss.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Back