PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: McNabb to Skins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: McNabb to Skins

Doesn't this trade help the pats two ways. It keeps the Raiders without a real quarterback and it makes the Redskins better than the Raiders.

Me too! Worse fans ever over there. They never knew what they had because they were too busy being idiots to pay attention. Pitiful and lame.

Yeah the Eagles fans are a bizarre bunch. They booed Donovan since they drafted him and they've hated him ever since. I always thought he was a very good quarterback. They finally got their wish after all this time. Now reality is going to slap them in the face. Who the hell is going to quarterback your team to the Superbowl now exactly?

But hey I'm thrilled he didn't go to the Raiders. He would have drug them down too :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Incidentally, in my perfect draft fantasy the Bills take Tebow in the first round.

Incidentally, in my perfect draft fantasy the Bills take Tebow in the first round.

:eek: (that's the face of all 500 Bills fans after that selection)

EDIT: While wearing their "Kelly" throwbacks

Last edited:

Incidentally, in my perfect draft fantasy the Bills take Tebow in the first round, trading up to #22 and coughing up their 2 and 3 this year and their 1 next year.

That's better. :D

Glad to hear he's not going to Oakland, which should ensure our pick next year is very high. But I'm really surprised the Eagles would make this deal. Not only do they lose the only sure thing at QB, now they have Vick backing up Kolb, two completely different QBs.

This also could mean Clausen's going to drop in the draft. I kept hearing the Skins weren't very high on him anyways, though they liked Bradford a lot. So it seems the Skins are convinced Bradford's definitely going #1 to St. Louis, and the Redskins will take the leftovers from Okung/Suh/McCoy.

By comparison to this, Belichick's trade for Matt Cassel for the 34th pick last year should now be seen in a very good light.

Simply amazing how little philadelphia got for McNabb, a proven top 10 quarterback. Well if everyone knows you want to move someone, be prepared to sell at distress prices.

What this trade demonstrates is that teams are really stingy with their draft picks heading up to the draft. On draft day if we want to trade for a proven player we will get a better deal than if we wait until August.

And once again the Redskins win the April Super Bowl, with a new backfield of Fast Willie Parker and Old Donovan Puker.

This is NOT your normal Redskins of the offseason winners catagory,this is now a team with a coach at or near the level of Belichick....This team will be a serious threat in the East next season,Shanahan wastes no time getting his team on the upside and you may see all the money Snyder has paid these underperforming all-stars finally pay off with a winning season,McNabb could be the missing piece there,We already know thier front 7 is going to be top notch with Haynesworth and Co,Brian Orakpo is already a stud ..

I was about to post my draft including a switch with the Redskins trading with Detroit and sending Clinton Portis and a swap of the #4 and #2 seed so they can get Bradford...no need to now.

Last edited:

And once again the Redskins win the April Super Bowl, with a new backfield of Fast Willie Parker and Old Donovan Puker.

Opposed too Ganther, Betts, and Portis last year to Parker, L. Johnson, and Portis this year, and "old" McNabb (who is the very same age as our very own TB) this year to Campbell. Yeah, I'd certainly say they are vastly improved. Not to mention a credible HC.

Opposed too Ganther, Betts, and Portis last year to Parker, L. Johnson, and Portis this year, and "old" McNabb (who is the very same age as our very own TB) this year to Campbell. Yeah, I'd certainly say they are vastly improved. Not to mention a credible HC.

I forgot about the coaching aspect. Shanahan is the only NFL coach that seemed to give BB fits.

Last edited:
I think the Eagles biggest rivals have changed from Dallas to Washington...there are probably Eagles fans suicidal over this.

I forgot about the coaching aspect. Shanahan is the only NFL coach that seemed to give BB fits.

I really believe we are seeing a new and improved team, in Washington. Good for them.

Maybe I should have used "Fat" instead of "Old". Damn it, I blew it.

Re the Redskins: I could not care less about a team. I lived in DC for 5 years and couldn't stand them then, but now it's turned into complete indifference.

The Redskins just need some upgrading at the WR and OL and they could be a tough S.O.B. now that they have a capable QB who has taken his teams to the NFCCG 4 times in 10 years and a SB appearance.

Not trying to offend anyone here, but I'm starting to come to the conclusion that the NFL is FIXED - I mean this is a JOKE, Eagles trade McNabb to a DIVISIONAL RIVAL for a MERE couple of lousy decent picks? Don't the Redskins give up tons of #1's for over the hills? How the heck did the Eagles not demand much in return?

Again - not trying to imply that the NFL is fixed, but this itself is a JOKE.

Although McNabb is no longer elite or even near the top of the second tier (he was 17th in passing yards and 13th in TDs last season), I think it is a good trade for the Redskins. I think the Eagles got value in a trade considering McNabb's age, injury history, and less than elite production although it now looks like they are rebuilding when it looked like they were a team that had a decent shot to fill in a few holes and be an NFC Champion contender or Super Bowl contender.

I just don't get all the turnover by Philly this offseason. Between the trades and free agent defections, they are going to be a very different team next year. It looks as if they lost the Peppers sweepstakes and decided that that was enough to make sweeping changes.

Not trying to offend anyone here, but I'm starting to come to the conclusion that the NFL is FIXED - I mean this is a JOKE, Eagles trade McNabb to a DIVISIONAL RIVAL for a MERE couple of lousy decent picks? Don't the Redskins give up tons of #1's for over the hills? How the heck did the Eagles not demand much in return?

Again - not trying to imply that the NFL is fixed, but this itself is a JOKE.

I personally think there was A LOT of heated exchanges between Reid and McNabb after rumors of Kolb as stater surfaced and a black cloud flying over the team.

I am betting Donovan told Andy to get him the hell out of Philly if he was going to be a backup and since there were really no SERIOUS challenges other than Washington,it made sense to dump him to the team that wanted him the most.

Shanahan would rather win NOW than later,Adding Bradford or Clausen would have made winning probably winning in the LATER catagory,Shanahan knows this team is a leader at the QB position away from contending for a championship and I think Donovan was literally driven out of town to the team with the most interest and with any offer that was considered reasonable in Lurie's eyes...which just happened to be a division rival.

I really think the Raiders think Gradkowski can get the job done so they didn't throw the kitchen sink at Washington

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore