PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: McNabb to Skins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: McNabb to Skins

Just saw on ESPN ticker.
Sounds familiar, Franchise QB traded within the division.
At least our 2011 1st round pick from the Raiders is safe.

Very good news.

Can't wait for those Skins-Eagles games either

I didn't care where McNabb went as long as it wasn't to the Raiders. But i still can't believe that the Eagles would trade him within the division. Either they think he's done and wasn't a real threat to them or they just wanted to get rid of him.

Shefter: "McNabb to Redskins for 2nd-rd pick this year and either a 3 or 4 next year depending on certain conditions."

Twitter link

i know i just posted something about it on another thread, but i am just so happy. the easter bunny hid a golden egg for us pats fans, one more year the raiders have with jamarcus

Crazy Al will be pulling out all the stops to land Campbell now.

Unbelievable the Eagles would trade him within division to the Skins.
Definitely reminiscent of when BB traded Bledsoe to Bills. We know how that worked out.
Bledso was very good for a year and that was it.
Reid must be very confident that Mcnabb can be easily defended.

raider 2011 pick is looking much better

Unbelievable the Eagles would trade him within division to the Skins.
Definitely reminiscent of when BB traded Bledsoe to Bills. We know how that worked out.
Bledso was very good for a year and that was it.
Reid must be very confident that Mcnabb can be easily defended.

raider 2011 pick is looking much better
Yep, exactly what I was going to post.

That and, REX GROSSMAN TO START!

Personally I would love to see McNabb hand Philly their a** this year.

How high was that First Round pick we got from Buffalo. I know it was for a year later.

I'm still shocked that they also traded Sheldon Brown.

Shefter: "McNabb to Redskins for 2nd-rd pick this year and either a 3 or 4 next year depending on certain conditions."

Twitter link

Sounds like a great deal for the Redskins. Didn't we get a 1st for Drew Bledsoe? Mcnabb + Shanahan = much improved offense in Wash for at least a couple years.

JaMarcus still got his job! Go JaMarucs!

I'm still shocked that they also traded Sheldon Brown.

Reid is treading in some dangerous waters. The fans in Philly will be holding their torches, and pitchforks in hand by week 3. He is in a no win situation, as far as this year is concerned.

Reid is treading in some dangerous waters. The fans in Philly will be holding their torches, and pitchforks in hand by week 3. He is in a no win situation, as far as this year is concerned.
They've made some really questionable moves since Heckert left for Cleveland.

Its a very similar situation with BB and Ty Law. After the 04 run, BB made the decision that Ty wasn't worth the big dollars (or Ty wanted to leave). He was 30 when he left. Not young, but not too old. History has proven that Ty had 2-3 more solid years in him. No all-pro (2005 was excellent), but good ones after that one.

Trading Brown b/c of his age and get value while they can I follow. But as you've said, Reid is starting to tear away some of the core team guys and we've all seen what that can bring- good record, but the potential for some locker room problems.

Last edited:

Sounds like a great deal for the Redskins. Didn't we get a 1st for Drew Bledsoe? Mcnabb + Shanahan = much improved offense in Wash for at least a couple years.

Teams are smarter now. A trade like the Bledsoe deal just wouldn't happen nowadays. For a better comparable, I'd say look at the Cassel trade: Redskins gave up significantly more for a guy who's more talented and much older. I think it was about fair-market value, especially since I'm not sure that McNabb is nearly as good as a lot of people think.

Thank you Washington. 2011 pick looking good at the moment, hopefully it stays that way.

What does this mean for the Patriots?

The Eagles have the 36th pick now, If I'm correct. The only player I fear they could snipe is Toby Gerhart or a sliding RB, they don't need pass rushing or WR help.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back