PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: McDaniels to Chargers, pre-game: "We own you!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
He did make a little bit of a fool-io of himself-io.

But maybe he just did itdio in fundio?

Not to takeio ito too seriousosity. No biggee dealio.

"Yeah"? We don't like McDaniels anymore? :confused:

Thank you Chargers. I agree the McD can be a ****y little f***, almost as bad as Rex Ryan. I hate him ever since his inane fratboy fist-pumping after Denver beat us. He'll learn.

He was excited over beating his former boss. You would be too. He didn't talk trash or anything, so there's no reason to "hate" him.

Anyway, the best line of that article was this comment...

Brat Favre says:
November 22, 2009 10:03 PM
They misunderstood him. He was clearly asking to buy some steroids.

Obviously not a smart move by McKid, but he would have lost even without the trash talking.

If this is indeed true then he's an IDIOT.

I'd bet $ that Bills plan didn't include talking trash to the LBS of the other team.

He gets what he deserves if so, and that is ANOTHER loss for his overrated squad.

Wow, hell hath no fury like a pats fan scorned.

If this is indeed true then he's an IDIOT.

I'd bet $ that Bills plan didn't include talking trash to the LBS of the other team.

He gets what he deserves if so, and that is ANOTHER loss for his overrated squad.

Josh McD needed to be a student of past Pats history when one of owner Billy Sullivans' cretinous sons, Pat, trash talked Oakland players with a disasterous result. Josh will learn. He's still in puberty.

From profootballtalk, it looks like he was responding to some of the chargers "classy" players remarks, but still it is not like a BBs way. Looks like he has given up on the "humble pie" concept.

Whats gotten in to him :confused: Last time I checked, they were 0-4 after the bye and the last thing he needs is running his mouth like that in media.

Last edited:
Josh McD needed to be a student of past Pats history when one of owner Billy Sullivans' cretinous sons, Pat, trash talked Oakland players with a disasterous result. Josh will learn. He's still in puberty.

I think I remember that, but the Pats won that game anyways. Is that the playoff game where Howie Long was gonna rip his head off?

I think I remember that, but the Pats won that game anyways. Is that the playoff game where Howie Long was gonna rip his head off?

Yep AFC Div @ OAK in 1985/86 Sb XX playoff run. Pat started flapping his gums and Matt Millen wacked Pat in the head with his helmet. LOL.

McDaniels responding to this.

I was two or three steps out of the tunnel when Shaun Phillips raced up to me with his helmet off and said, 'I'll kick your [expletive] ass, too.' I'm not saying I felt physically threatened but that's exactly the way it went down. It surprised me in a way but we played them a lot when I was in New England and he's always been that kind of guy.

I wasn't out there trash-talking their players, going through their drills. This guy has been doing this since I've been in the league and, because they won, he takes the liberty of telling his side of the story. I didn't swear at him or threaten him. What I actually said was, 'I've heard the same thing from you for four or five years now, and when I was in New England, we owned you.'

Now, I'll apologize for that but it was nothing like [Phillips] portrayed.

Gee, the Chargers run their mouths and then get all uppity when someone actually answers them. What a shocker. :rolleyes:

Stay classy San Diego.

I was two or three steps out of the tunnel when Shaun Phillips raced up to me with his helmet off and said, 'I'll kick your [expletive] ass, too.' I'm not saying I felt physically threatened but that's exactly the way it went down. It surprised me in a way but we played them a lot when I was in New England and he's always been that kind of guy.

I wasn't out there trash-talking their players, going through their drills. This guy has been doing this since I've been in the league and, because they won, he takes the liberty of telling his side of the story. I didn't swear at him or threaten him. What I actually said was, 'I've heard the same thing from you for four or five years now, and when I was in New England, we owned you.'

Now, I'll apologize for that but it was nothing like [Phillips] portrayed.

Wow. Context is everything.

Last edited by a moderator:
Allow me to save some of you the trouble.

Attachments

• 133554959-thumb_backpedal.gif
    133554959-thumb_backpedal.gif
    4.2 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
McDaniels' own account doesn't exactly make sense. If Phillips said what he said and the word "too", it means McDaniels was trash talking with him prior to Phillips' comment.

Even if his comments were as lame as he claims, it's still inappropriate that he said anything to Phillips in the first place. No mature coach would engage in something like this.

It also doesn't help that four days after this, he is filmed on Thanksgiving swearing on national TV:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4697154

Last edited:
McDaniels' own account doesn't exactly make sense. If Phillips said what he said and the word "too", it means McDaniels was trash talking with him prior to Phillips' comment.

OR it means your ass personally as well as your players'

Even if his comments were as lame as he claims, it's still inappropriate that he said anything to Phillips in the first place. No mature coach would engage in something like this.

It also doesn't help that four days after this, he is filmed on Thanksgiving swearing on national TV:
Denver Broncos coach Josh McDaniels tells his side of trash-talking incident - ESPN

Yes, we've never seen Belichick or Brady swear on TV

Last edited:

Or Phillips was talking **** to the Broncos team, saw McDaniels, and said that to him. That's entirely possible as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore