PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Marcus Cannon out for the year after back surgery

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like old friend, Marcus Cannon, is done for the year and probably done for a career after getting back surgery. I know a lot of people complained that the Pats should have kept him after the offensive line debacle we have seen, but he has been injured most of the season and looks to be done for a career.

The guy far exceeded most expectations for him. He has had a fair share of injuries during his career, but when he was healthy, he was a solid RT. I wish him all the best in his recovery.

Never had any complaints against Cannon. He was invisible on the field which is exactly what the OL should be
I wouldn't say that. He was a good player for a long time here and a great story given everything he overcame. Definitely wish him the best, but while he's not the same guy now, he was good enough for a good portion of his tenure here.

bummer for the big man... Hope he makes a full recovery...

was always a steady player for us... did his job, and did it well for the most part.

Time for Marcus to call it a career.

Yep...Heck his career was already ending during the 2019 season, when he was part of the problem along the OL... Newhouse was a better ****ing RT than he was the couple of games he played there...

I wouldn't say that. He was a good player for a long time here and a great story given everything he overcame. Definitely wish him the best, but while he's not the same guy now, he was good enough for a good portion of his tenure here.
When most fans notice an OL it's usually because he screwed something up. When you don't notice the offensive line in an average game, it's because they're doing their job well enough to allow others to do theirs.

Very rarely is an OL attracting attention to himself an actual good thing.

That playoff game in Denver was fecking BRUTAL!! I give him props for owning Von Miller the following season.

I think he’ll call it a day. He had a good career being a 5th round pick. Won some rings, made some good money. Enjoy the rest of your life.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back