PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Lamar Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it’s about me but at the same time my post which has nothing to do with race reminds you of a post I have nothing to do with. Got it.

Good. You finally got it.

Hope you’ll read my previous post first because it boils down to the same thing. Did the actual, real-life (not theoretical) Louisville EP offense - with Jackson - even resemble the Patriots or any pro offense (no, since his running abilities completely changed many of the concepts and made it much easier to execute.). Do Jackson’s current reads, passes, and difficulty level against defenses resemble what other NFL QBs face (no.). He could have run and understood the most complicated system in the universe. He has yet to prove he can actually execute an offense effectively without the massive advantage that his running threat imposes on defenses. Teams don’t defend the Ravens the same way they’d defend most teams. Teams didn’t defend Louisville like they would the Patriots EP system. Because the Jackson forces matchups that afford much easier passes. Again, good for him. Again, this does not prove he would thrive in the NFL if speed and running abilities decline. It’s so obvious watching him I’m surprised you can’t just acknowledge it’s still an unknown.
It's more then obvious you never watched him college & never demonstrated, broke down anything concerning the Pats offense.

The idea that he couldn't run any system bc he's a dynamic threat who can run sounds like I'm talking to someone from kindergarten.

Honestly you'd be laughed out a room of players & coaches w all due respect.

LMAO, no one in the forum gaf if you are great at being an NFL draft geek. Your attitude towards the forum and their posters is what makes you annoying. Not many posters spend 20+ hours a week watching college football like you do. Maybe you're in the wrong forum?

At least we now know that you're an insecure football nerd with a small d i c k, BaconBit. LMFAO
Damm you came strapped this morning. Took off from the free throw line.

It's more then obvious you never watched him college & never demonstrated, broke down anything concerning the Pats offense.

The idea that he couldn't run any system bc he's a dynamic threat who can run sounds like I'm talking to someone from kindergarten.

Honestly you'd be laughed out a room of players & coaches w all due respect.

You’ve missed the point so many times it’s laughable. This has to do with whether or not he has pro level passing skills if you took away his running abilities. It has nothing to do with his intelligence or whether he can “run a system.” I’ve made it clear that I think he can. You clearly gloss over my posts since I specifically stated that is not the point I’m making, claiming, etc.

But I guess you’ll resort to insults because you aren’t even able to differentiate very basic ideas or don’t want to answer them. I’m out of here...I get that you’re good at evaluating players and know a lot about football, but I also get why many people are betting against LJ being anything but a short-term hit. And I guess if that happens we’ll have to start dissecting all of your quotes which are actually more arrogant than the ones you were posting about others who disagreed with you. Unless, of course, your draft evaluation consists of a two-year projection.

Jackson and Mahomes aren't locks for the HOF quite yet.

Only BaconGrundleCandy is a lock for the Hall of Fame. He’s been in the war rooms, the board rooms, etc.

Only BaconGrundleCandy is a lock for the Hall of Fame. He’s been in the war rooms, the board rooms, etc.

His track record is pretty good with evaluating players. this is undeniable

I'll let the men talk but fact is BAL is a run-first team and use the run to set up the pass. Not vice versa.

347 passing plays
478 running plays

IMO it's irrelevant LJ is a "run first" or "pass first" QB. Hes a great running/rushing QB. That is a major strength of this offense and they are taking advantage of it. Hes also a competent passing QB. Hes no Brady but hes an above-average passer.

If I'm comparing him to college QBs hes a helluva lot closer to VT Mike Vick or Balyor RG3 than the Barry Switzer 80s OU teams or Tommie Frazier from the mid 90s Nebraska teams.
BB may need to go back to how the Falcons were defended during the “DVD” era. The two offenses carry some striking similarities.

One thing that I've noticed in the few times that I've seen Jackson play is that he seems to be much more accurate with passes over the middle than he is with passes outside the numbers.

Yea definitely something you want him doing. Not a big strength rn & been noted since college. Definitely want to clog the middle/seam.

His track record is pretty good with evaluating players. this is undeniable

Other than that he can’t understand the very basic idea that everyone is trying to make about Jackson, which is that he may not be a great passer if his running game slows down, which has happened to so many running QBs.

Look at the post above where he even acknowledges that Jackson struggles to throw outside the numbers. That’s a huge deal and essentially answers the question itself. Do you know any good QBs who suck at throwing outside the numbers? Any time you bring up and obvious concern like this, and project s short life on his running effectiveness, he just claims you don’t understand football, systems, etc. Jackson has huge flaws as a passer, which is why many are legitimately concerned with how long he’ll last. But he thinks he’s proven that Jackson is not a big injury risk now (in a thread about Jackson’s quad injury).

Over your head.

You mentioned how he was fast & his rushing yards. People see that & chalk him up to "another running QB". And like I said the fact that he can do all those other things doesn't make him a run first QB. It just means he can do **** no one else can.

I wasn't saying you believed that. Again a ton see what he can do in the open field & make an ignorant judgement.

SIMPLY WRONG!!!
here is exactly what I said @ post #97:
I would not state that Lamar is a "run first QB" however he does run quite a bit more than most QB's.

What the Hell is "over my head"??
That fact that Lamar has actually rushed for over 1,000 yards?
Ravens’ Lamar Jackson joins Michael Vick as only NFL QBs to rush for 1,000 yards in single season
What I posted is pretty clear.
You are one the good guys on this site.
You are better than this.

Last edited:
Good. You finally got it.
giphy.gif

But he thinks he’s proven that Jackson is not a big injury risk now (in a thread about Jackson’s quad injury).

Appearing on an injury report, let alone on an injury report that's for a day the team didn't actually practice at all, doesn't mean the player is meaningfully injured. If that was the case, Tom Brady would be the most injury-prone player in NFL history. This thread began with wishful thinking and that wishful thinking (maybe if I post enough Jackson will be bad and actually hurt!) has continued for six pages.

Okay, so if we're gonna keep shifting the goal posts til we get the argument we like, there's no QB who's carried it as much as Jackson, ergo we can't make any conclusions about durability (other than to note Jackson himself has yet to endure any meaningful injury).
This is a discussion and not a debate board. I just brought up a glaring difference between the QB’s you listed and Jackson.

Do you actually believe he can continue to run as often as he has so far?

SIMPLY WRONG!!!
here is exactly what I said @ post #97:

What the Hell is "over my head"??
What I posted is pretty clear.
You are better than this.
You mentioned him being fast, rushing for all those yards.
I honestly wasn't referring to you, I was saying people see how good of a runner he & assume he just takes off at the drop of a dime.

I'm not rooting for him to get injured ... If Lamar gets injured between now and the AFCCG, and it helps our cause, I'm all for it. Again, not rooting for the player to get injured ...

Sure sounds like you are rooting for him to get injured. Where do we draw the line between being "all for" something and "rooting" for a particular outcome?

No distinction between the two notions IMO.

BB may need to go back to how the Falcons were defended during the “DVD” era. The two offenses carry some striking similarities.

One of the comparisons I’ve heard be made a lot is the similarities between what the ravens do and what the 9ers did with kaepernick.

I was really intrigued by the comparisons that @patfanken made with the single wing as one of my uncles was an integral part of bringing that offense back to CT/Mass HSFB. @patfanken mentioned that the the ravens almost always exclusively run to Where the guards are pulling. One of my buddies always used to tell me when playing against the single wing “follow the guards”

Not hindsight if you're talking about it long before the draft. I wanted Jackson here long before anyone in the media or most fans even heard his name.

Oh, absolutely. Plus, the posters who (like you) actually do research on this stuff are exempt.

This is going to get complicated but I'm up to the task of micromanaging it with complete subjectivity and unpredictable emotional responses.

You mentioned him being fast, rushing for all those yards.
I honestly wasn't referring to you, I was saying people see how good of a runner he & assume he just takes off at the drop of a dime.

OK thanks. (My post is the one that was quoted)
I gather that Lamar will run less and pass more as he gains experience.
This year their offense is unique.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back