PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Lamar Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing that I've noticed in the few times that I've seen Jackson play is that he seems to be much more accurate with passes over the middle than he is with passes outside the numbers.

One thing that I've noticed in the few times that I've seen Jackson play is that he seems to be much more accurate with passes over the middle than he is with passes outside the numbers.
Which is why it is shocking that the middle always seems to be open. I assume DC's can see the same thing on tape.

Lol I love this “run first” notion. There is no sample size. It’s basically a season of Jackson and then Michael Vick. Every other QB falls into certain posters definition of “pass first”.

This whole thing is embarrassing anyways. Basically a whole thread of rooting for someone to get injured.

Lol I love this “run first” notion. There is no sample size. It’s basically a season of Jackson and then Michael Vick. Every other QB falls into certain posters definition of “pass first”.

This whole thing is embarrassing anyways. Basically a whole thread of rooting for someone to get injured.

It’s a sign of respect because he’s standing (or running) in our way.

A whole thread of rooting for someone to get injured? Where the heck did you see that? You must have some examples.

All of the above were pass first quarterbacks. None ran nearly as often as Jackson.

Okay, so if we're gonna keep shifting the goal posts til we get the argument we like, there's no QB who's carried it as much as Jackson, ergo we can't make any conclusions about durability (other than to note Jackson himself has yet to endure any meaningful injury).

Yes rooting for a knee to get blown up is respectful.

It wouldn't be respectful if it actually happened.

Maybe one of the Pats players should stand next to a full-sized poster of Jackson (he could use yours) and point to his injury and laugh at him.

I'll let the men talk but fact is BAL is a run-first team and use the run to set up the pass. Not vice versa.

347 passing plays
478 running plays

IMO it's irrelevant LJ is a "run first" or "pass first" QB. Hes a great running/rushing QB. That is a major strength of this offense and they are taking advantage of it. Hes also a competent passing QB. Hes no Brady but hes an above-average passer.

If I'm comparing him to college QBs hes a helluva lot closer to VT Mike Vick or Balyor RG3 than the Barry Switzer 80s OU teams or Tommie Frazier from the mid 90s Nebraska teams.

Last edited:
A whole thread of rooting for someone to get injured? Where the heck did you see that? You must have some examples.
No one is coming out and saying “I hope he gets hurt” but it’s all “he’s gonna get hurt” “Running qb’s don’t last” and all the same old crap.

About as close as you can get to rooting for it. So you can pretend that’s not what this thread is about but that’s what this thread is about.

It wouldn't be respectful if it actually happened.

Maybe one of the Pats players should stand next to a full-sized poster of Jackson (he could use yours) and point to his injury and laugh at him.
The standard Patsfans.com response of “hur durr who’s your team?”. Enjoy watching good players play.

I'd like Ian to develop and install coding that automatically detects when any post is making a drafting hindsight complaint ("we could have drafted player x but instead we drafted player y") and simply deletes the post without comment or notification.

I'm not rooting for him to get injured, but let's just say if he blows a knee or takes a 'Mo Lewis' to his rib cage, I won't feel bad for Baltimore. I'll feel bad for Lamar, but fck that team and that city. That's what you get for putting a one-trick pony, RB for QB system in place. If Lamar gets injured between now and the AFCCG, and it helps our cause, I'm all for it. Again, not rooting for the player to get injured, but I won't sit Shiva over it, that's for sure.

Last edited:
No one is coming out and saying “I hope he gets hurt” but it’s all “he’s gonna get hurt” “Running qb’s don’t last” and all the same old crap.

About as close as you can get to rooting for it. So you can pretend that’s not what this thread is about but that’s what this thread is about.

Apparently that's what it's about to you. In my years here I've seen many Pats fans claim otherwise about injuries to opponents. Most consider it bad form.

Your assumption reminds me of a ****-stirring post from someone else here who tried to imply that talking about running QB's was racist.

Yea definitely something you want him doing. Not a big strength rn & been noted since college. Definitely want to clog the middle/seam.

I'd like Ian to develop and install coding that automatically detects when any post is making a drafting hindsight complaint ("we could have drafted player x but instead we drafted player y") and simply deletes the post without comment or notification.

He has his hands full here already, but if anyone can do it Ian can.

Yea definitely something you want him doing. Not a big strength rn & been noted since college. Definitely want to clog the middle/seam.

That's where I think his running ability comes into play. If I'm a defender I'd worry about the whole field.

Apparently that's what it's about to you. In my years here I've seen many Pats fans claim otherwise about injuries to opponents. Most consider it bad form.

Your assumption reminds me of a ****-stirring post from someone else here who tried to imply that talking about running QB's was racist.
So it’s about me but at the same time my post which has nothing to do with race reminds you of a post I have nothing to do with. Got it.

Not hindsight if you're talking about it long before the draft. I wanted Jackson here long before anyone in the media or most fans even heard his name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
Back