SOURCE:Boston.com

SOURCE:Boston.com

SOURCE:NBC Sports Boston

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: N/A

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

OT kind of : Goodell has done irreparable harm

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by NENGFAN, Feb 11, 2020 at 7:17 PM.

1. upstater1

upstater1 Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +5,372
    I live in Buffalo. I just tell them they are crybabies & whiners trying to make excuses for their own team's ineptitude. It works. They get angry. Only one of them admits it's all a bunch of hooey, but he's also the one that likes to throw in jibes whenever he can. He gets away with it. The others actually believe it, but they've been conditioned to do it by the Buffalo news media.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Sad Sad x 1
  2. Steve85

Steve85 Rookie

Ratings:
    +53
    Coworker asked me if I support the Patriots and deflategate. I said "Ya, I deflate the balls..."

That was the end of the conversation. Quickly :)

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. Clonamery

Clonamery PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +15,814
    So you’re the Dorito Dink?

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Ice_Ice_Brady

Ice_Ice_Brady PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +28,865
    I admire this guy’s dedication and authenticity:

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2020 at 1:27 PM
  5. DaBronxPats14

DaBronxPats14 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3,282
    Ah Yea! SB 53 Win. Number 7 is gonna be Epic!
    It's so good to be a Pat's Fan, Especially in NY!

51371548_2272018016420030_8621843089452957696_o.jpg

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Boston Boxer

Boston Boxer U.S. Air Force Retired PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,295
    you should live in St. Louis. They are still pissed we beat the Greatest Show on Turf and hate all things Brady and BB. Love to rant about cheating...then defend Mark McGuire and LaRussa over steroids. They all walk around with a hard on because the Blues beat the Bruins for the cup. Its such a pansy ass city with loser sports media.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Sad Sad x 1
  7. 1960Pats

1960Pats PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +12,179

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Taco

Taco Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +681
    To the OP just embrace the hate. It’s way more fun. BTW I would do spy gate 4 times over if it meant another SB with Brady.

• Like Like x 1
  9. denverpatsfan

denverpatsfan PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,308
    Try to ignore it. I have learned to do that. Sometimes I will try to explain science in the most condescending way possible to them. "Look I realize that (insert local city here) public schools are underfunded so you didn't learn science, so let me tell you about the ideal gas law."

That usually shuts them up. The key is not to get worked up. That's all they want to do. If they are raising your blood pressure, then they are winning. Don't let them. It's amazing how ignoring trolling texts from my old friends in Philly works. They go away.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. InRodWeRust

InRodWeRust PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,053
    Have anyone to to yourteamcheats.com, select their team, and then have them soak in the hypocrasy. If they want to go in denial then play the villain. Say yeah the Patriots cheat all the time! There's a whole lot more cheating they are doing and haven't been caught yet because the rest of the league is so stupid. State that all the Pats records and Super Bowl trophies are still recognized by the league and there isn't a damn thing they can do about it and laugh at them. Reverse troll them. Watch their heads explode.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. PatriotReign

PatriotReign In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1,895
    I hope these worthless loser fans of other teams BRING THAT SAME DAMN ENERGY next season as they watch the Patriots march back to and win the Superbowl next year. **** the 31 and their **** fanbases, a pox on all of them.

• Love Love x 1
  12. Koma

Koma In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +5,789
    I could be wrong, but I'd like to believe that if either of the Patriots "scandals" occurred in the mid-90s or earlier, we'd still hear the some the same outrage we heard in 2007 and 2015. I think, though, there would be some elements in the local and nation media that would have pushed back and shamed the accusers for making excuses: "You never changed your signals and now you're crying because someone figured them out? That's on you." "Grigson, Pagano and Luck lost by 38 points and they want to blame deflated footballs? They should take up a sport more their speed, like knitting."

Someone would have pointed out how what a terrible example it was to hear the leadership from the Eagles and Panthers, who had years to raise concerns but never did, decide in 2008 that they had been cheated in the Super Bowl, without any proof at all. "Hear that, kids? If you lose a spelling bee, only get the second highest grade on a math test, come up short in a race in gym class, just follow Marty Hurney and Jeff Lurie's lead and accuse the winner of cheating. It doesn't matter if there's no evidence, the important thing if you have an excuse why you lost, which means you really didn't lose."

None of that happened, of course. It was all a race to see who could be more outraged. Look at the fallout from last year's AFC championship game. One of the main themes was changing the rules and talk of a lack of fairness all because people weren't happy with the outcome.

In the big picture, I understand that people will always get tired of a winner and root for them to fall. I've enjoyed the Yankees, Duke basketball, and Notre Dame football all losing because they were on top for an extended period and I wanted to see someone knock them off. The difference with the Patriots is that the NCAA or MLB never singled Duke or the Yankees out for excessive punishments to try and derail their success. In fact, the NCAA usually does the opposite and tries to minimize an infraction by one of the big name, blue blood schools. Earlier in thread, someone mentioned the Broncos taping a team's walkthrough. No one remembers that incident because the league didn't make a big deal out of it and Denver only received a minimal punishment. Compare that to the Patriots-adjacent film crew in Cleveland. Three months later and it's still being investigated. If that was the Jaguars, it never would have made the news.

I've mentioned it before, but I'll never understand why the NFL seemingly wants the narrative out there that the most successful run in the history of their sport was due to cheating. Maybe they look at the league's success and their revenue growth and think that negative attention is attention and it's all good. I wonder if they've considered that they could have enjoyed the same success or more if they didn't play up or, in the case of deflategate, invent these controversies.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. TheAdultintheRoom

TheAdultintheRoom Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +819
    Punch them in the face and get out of there before the cops show up.

• Like Like x 1
    • Genius Genius x 1
  14. NENGFAN

NENGFAN On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +226
    Well said and great points.

Regarding the Broncos video taping - I’m kind of ok it not being brought up that much because coach was McDaniels and the guy who taped was Steve Scarneccia - both former Pats employees.

15. sb1

sb1 Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +12,581
    The Broncos culture of cheating got to Josh. :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. chris_in_sunnyvale

chris_in_sunnyvale In the Starting Line-Up Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +5,825
    I usually respond with a slow-mo fake punch to their shoulder with a huge smile and say, "Listen to the jealous *****, heh heh." I get back a fake-laugh with a "Ha ha...go **** yourself, Chris.", I join in their laughter and we're all good, topic over.

Regards,
    Chris

• Like Like x 2
  17. A Defiant Goose

A Defiant Goose In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6,396
    I hang them it's much more satisfying

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. chris_in_sunnyvale

chris_in_sunnyvale In the Starting Line-Up Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +5,825
    Yeah, there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident.

Regards,
    Chris

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. pheenix11

pheenix11 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +5,098
    You need to stop hanging out with ******s.

Oh wait, saw you’re in NJ.

Nevermind.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Koma

Koma In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +5,789
    You'd think that would have led to a harsher punishment for Denver, though. The Chargers had accused the Broncos of spying on their practices when Shanahan was there and the expectation coming out the fake Rams walkthrough story was that, if a team really did this, they'd get hammered. Instead, there's a $50k fine for the team and it gets twisted as being the Patriots fault because of McDaniels.

Another thing is, if McDaniels learned to do this from Belichick, why does no one ever ask who Bill learned it from? The most likely answer is Parcells, but then that brings his legacy and those 2 SBs with the Giants into question and I don't think the media wants to open that can of worms.