PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Jump Ball Joe Flacco to the Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
They gave away a midround pick and about 40m in cap space in the next two years and still need to find a QB. Getting to be a fringe playoff contender that has no shot at actually being successful in the postseason will just hurt them even more in terms of draft position.

You've basically just described the same worst case scenario as I did. It could go either way.

You've basically just described the same worst case scenario as I did. It could go either way.

No matter what way this ends.. Elway ****ed himself and the Broncos. If it goes poorly they are on the hook for those cap hits and Elway might lose his job. If it goes well they might have taken themselves out of the running for a top QB pick and prolonged their relationship with mediocrity.

I have to say, Elway is one of the dumbest GMs out there. Jesus fcking christ.... for a fomer SB champion QB, he sure has no clue on how to evaluate what a good QB is. How ******ed is that?

They're not loving the trade in Broncoland...

......Stupid, idiotic, foolish, shortsighted, lazy, moronic, I could go on and on. This trade is absolute garbage. I don’t care if we gave up a bag of Doritos for him. He got beat out by a rookie who can’t even throw a football. This is so stupid it’s beyond me how John could even comprehend that this is a good move.

They're not loving the trade in Broncoland...

......Stupid, idiotic, foolish, shortsighted, lazy, moronic, I could go on and on. This trade is absolute garbage. I don’t care if we gave up a bag of Doritos for him. He got beat out by a rookie who can’t even throw a football. This is so stupid it’s beyond me how John could even comprehend that this is a good move.
I hope so. I mean was any fan of any team really asking for Flacco? I'd be bs too.

I would rather have Carr than Flacco in 2019, 7 years younger and had a much worse supporting cast and team that was trading away talent for draft picks for a rebuild.

Baltimore were a playoff team and Flacco lost his job.
Carr is awful. Lost all of his confidence. I'm stuck in Raidersland and have watched his fall closely much to the chagrin of my girfriend and her family of die hards. I can't recall a QB who repeatedly bails out of plays as much as him, looking to check down almost immediately rather than go through progressions. Carr reminds me of how Tony Eason became the turtlemaster after his 10 sack day on Thanksgiving 1984.

Btw, Flacco sucks. He and Carr are indeed battling for the bottom.

Regards,
Chris

Flacco will end up on the bench and cut within a year. That’s if he beats out Keenum.
Denver will be sub 500 for the foreseeable future.

Carr is awful. Lost all of his confidence. I'm stuck in Raidersland and have watched his fall closely much to the chagrin of my girfriend and her family of die hards. I can't recall a QB who repeatedly bails out of plays as much as him, looking to check down almost immediately rather than go through progressions. Carr reminds me of how Tony Eason became the turtlemaster after his 10 sack day on Thanksgiving 1984.

Btw, Flacco sucks. He and Carr are indeed battling for the bottom.

Regards,
Chris
Looking at his numbers for 2018 he had highest completion 68% of his career and over 4000 yards. He started poorly ( 3 int vs Ram) and ended poorly but had 10 games ina row w no ints and 10 games over 70% completion..
Derek Carr Career Game Log | Pro-Football-Reference.com
I'd put the blame on the 51 sacks which must have made him felt like his brother ( more sack than he had in previous 2.5 years combined).. Give him an o-line and I think he will be fine.......

Wonder what the Bronco's Plan "A" will be, as they will soon have Plan B completed.

Elway is still drafting a QB. He may be a average GM but hes not a total idiot.

Denver still has a great defense. Flacco is better than Keenum. This could work out well for them.
What do you call « well » ? SB contender ? If he is a placeholder, this was stupid. If they think he can lead them to the championship, it is stupid as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference