PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Jump Ball Joe Flacco to the Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
P.Manning will be there to meet him just in case Heave It Up Joe needs any extra 'Vitamins' he can have them sent to PM's house so his wife could sign for his pkg.

Unless they renegotiate his contract I really have no idea what the Broncos are doing. Flacco has typically been a top 20ish type regular season QB. He did step it up in the post season but the Broncos do not appear to be a playoff team so I do not get it. Replacing Keenum seems to be about a wash in my perspective.

Only thing I can think of is they’d rather have the rookie they draft learn under Joe for a year. But I’d hope there’s a deal with another team in place for Keenum before making this move. Makes no sense to have both QBs making this much money or taking a dead cap hit of 10 mil by just releasing Keenum.

Once again it seems the jags will be content to not do anything at QB. The crop in the draft is weak and we need a veteran one year stop gap IMO.

Mind loaning us Brady for a year? I promise we will give him back
Sounds like Case Keenum might be available.....

Flacco, in theory, could be in for a slight rebound this year. He was a fit in Kubiak's scheme. But it's still an obvious stopgap move until, at the most, next year when Elway tries to get his hands on Herbert.

Looks like Elway threw a Flacco-like Hail Mary.

He knows the window is closing on the great D he assembled - Miller is 30 this year and his cap hit is $25 million.

I think it's a bad move. Denver should be in full rebuild mode for the next couple of years, particularly in that division with two of the best teams in the league. Elway is feeling the heat to win now.

They're not loving the trade in Broncoland...

......Stupid, idiotic, foolish, shortsighted, lazy, moronic, I could go on and on. This trade is absolute garbage. I don’t care if we gave up a bag of Doritos for him. He got beat out by a rookie who can’t even throw a football. This is so stupid it’s beyond me how John could even comprehend that this is a good move.

I mean, this sort of boils everything down to the issue here, right?

If the reports about Elway loving one of the 1st round QBs are true, Flacco's going to love knowing that, for the second season in a row, he gets to look over his shoulder at the first round QB his team has drafted.

Flacco's deal is $18.5M for 2019 with a team option at $20.25 for 2020. It's clearly a one-year arrangement to bridge the drafting of a QB for 2020 and beyond. Flacco gets a change of scenery which is very much what he needs. If he plays well, he becomes a UFA after the 2019 season and should have options. Basically, I see it as a good situation for the Broncos and Flacco.

This is OT for the Patriots, really. they don't play them next year, but do get the Ravens without the QB controversy.

Can I get an admission that you were wrong on the thread when you said that I was the only person in the world who thought Flacco would get an offer of at least $15M? I believe you suggested he was worth $3M.

On another thread (that you started about eating crow) you also said that you would admit it when you are wrong. I'm holding my breath. :rolleyes:

View attachment 22563
Clearly I was wrong but this is a terribly stupid move.
We will see what happens, this may be a tyrod Taylor 2.0 move.

Stat wise they’re pretty much equal based on Keenums 2018 season. I wouldn’t have made this deal unless a deal with another team for Keenum was already in place.
And keenum was far better in 17 than Flacco has been in a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back