PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Jets @ Colts game discussion (AFC Championship Game)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on the fact that Tom Brady has lost a Super Bowl, Brett Favre has lost a Super Bowl, it's time for Peyton Manning to lose a Super Bowl.

do you think that the saints have a better shot at beating indy than the Vikes? The Vikings front 4 is as tough as they come plus their linebackers are very good as well. I'm not sure also that the colts D can cover all the weapons that the Vikes have like Berian, Harvin, Rice and Shiancoe and Peterson.

Well I would like to see what Peyton plays like hurt.. Brady has been getting killed the last 2 years.. and not to mention the offensive scheme hurt this team this year...

Didn't Peyton recently havea surgery. Think the year after the record-breaking year.

I know we're all happy the Jets loss, but their fans have to be happy with the way this season turned out. Better than any of them would have expected and with Sanchez getting more experience, that team is only going to get better.

You may be right, but I think Rex Ryan's pressure defense with the Jets caught teams of guard this season. Even though he used the similar scheme in Baltimore, but it was with different players and the opposing teams did not know Jet's players tendencies. I think during this off-season, a lot of the teams are going figure out Jets defense.

Well I would like to see what Peyton plays like hurt.. Brady has been getting killed the last 2 years.. and not to mention the offensive scheme hurt this team this year...

We saw that two years ago, but his teamates and his defense had his back. And the scheduling gods were kind.

I'd like to see him playing behind this OL minus Neal and plus Kaczur with Randy Moss and Wes Welker as his only legit weapons (I'd even spot him Edleman/Aiken/Slater/Stanbeck and Maroney).

payton won the MVP after haveing knee surgery. and every one is playing hurt at this point in the season

brady won 3 super bowls because he had a D that was better then the jets D in now and he was able to do with payton did today when a team takes a way your #1 and #2 receiver. find #4 and #5 to get a frist down that brakes a teams will and thats what made bardy so good.

No, we will just see him playing for the Jets.

The 49ers would be my guess. I predict the Pats will resign Brady but they won't resign Wilfork, and then draft a NT in the 1st round and not beef up the O-line to protect him, hastening the injury/decline process.

You've got to hand it to the Colts. They have the best all around team in the AFC and it showed. After struggling early on they made adjustments to which the Jets had no answers. Boy life was good when we had a staff that could make adjustments.

You've got to hand it to the Colts. They have the best all around team in the AFC and it showed. After struggling early on they made adjustments to which the Jets had no answers. Boy life was good when we had a staff that could make adjustments.

And 5 weapons who can execute. Really people, are you watching these games today... It's easy to make adjustments when you have the personnel to execute them.

:agree:

As much as I dislike Bill Polian, I have to admit he knows how to draft player that fits Colts scheme. Their third and fourth receivers had big games.

And 5 weapons who can execute. Really people, are you watching these games today... It's easy to make adjustments when you have the personnel to execute them.

Moss
Welker
Watson
Faulk

all can execute and were there when our offense couldn't do squat in the 2nd halves of the Colts, Broncos, and Dolphins games. No excuses. I'm not saying work can't be done on the offense but with the talent, there is zero excuse for looking as inept as it has at critical points this year.

The jets will win the AFCE next year

:agree:

As much as I dislike Bill Polian, I have to admit he knows how to draft player that fits Colts scheme. Their third and fourth receivers had big games.

Its particularly frustrating when you realize their 3rd and 4th receivers are rookies who were unheard of before the draft. Our rookie receivers cant get off the Practice Squad or are IRed, largely because the system is too complicated for them to learn in one year.

The scary thing is that colts are without the #2 receiver A. Golzales; scary thought what that passing offense could become next year. Impressive

Defense secondary played terrific without Bob Sanders and Marlin Jackson. Impressive.

Manning reading polaroids, making adjustments, completely overwhelming the defense, impressive.

He is better than Brady. No doubt.

Manning has outstanding protection, Brady used to carve the hell out of defenses when he had great protection and didn't have multiple injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back