PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Interesting read from Mike Pereira on Goodell/Officials

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViperGTS

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Nice guy that Goodell.

"Goodell persisted, but I refused to give in. What happened next was anything but good. The conversation escalated, and when he was down in front of my office, with others present, he was so frustrated and, I’m sure, getting so much heat from Cleveland that he gave me a hard shove into my door to try and continue the argument about McAulay in my office. Quite frankly, it startled me, and I think it startled him a little because the discussion ended shortly after that."

http://deadspin.com/roger-goodell-vs-the-refs-1785905053

From the comments on that article:

"Are Mike Pereira and Roger Goodell married? Because that’s the only way I can make any sense out of Goodell assaulting him and the NFL not doing anything about it."

goodell-photo.jpg

what?????????????????????? and Pereira didn't immediately punch his goddamned face in, knock him to the floor and ****stomp the **** out of his nuts?

The article ended abruptly, but for those who were wondering, Pereira got his way in the end. Hochuli refereed the Baltimore win over Miami in the wild card round that year.

what?????????????????????? and Pereira didn't immediately punch his goddamned face in, knock him to the floor and ****stomp the **** out of his nuts?
I'm guessing no...but your alternative seems a more humane response.

The article ended abruptly, but for those who were wondering, Pereira got his way in the end. Hochuli refereed the Baltimore win over Miami in the wild card round that year.

I'll go way out on limb here/sarcasm and say Goodell treats the officials like he treats the players, like garbage. Both the players and the refs have a union that have rules about how they can be treated in the workplace, Goodell hates that he can't bully them into getting his own way all the time.

I wonder how RG's predecessors were seen by "insiders". Or how other sports league's commishes are perceived.

I'm not IN the office, but I would bet RG is less popular than most others. I don't think that is a stretch.

Ineptitude and megalomania, the fundamental personality traits of the scum sicking D-bag Goodell and his sycophants will eventually alter the course of the league when fans and patrons of football will just walk away from the game realizing that today's game is rigged.

It's getting the PFT treatment:

If Pereira’s account is accurate, it’s troubling that Goodell would treat a subordinate in such a way — and that he’d be rewarded with a promotion to commissioner five years later. Goodell needs to explain his side of the story, and the NFL should explain whether the incident was investigated and whether Goodell was disciplined — just as Goodell would demand discipline for any other league employee who acted inappropriately.

Mike Pereira: Roger Goodell shoved me during argument about officiating

Goody is a freaking hothead.

kinda damning that none of this comes as any kind of surprise.

Jesus, what freaking bully and jackass this guy apparently is. The 32 should be proud. I'd love it if someone kicked the **** out of this prentious douche.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back