PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: I am amazed at how many NFL fans think the NFL is rigged

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's amazing to me how stupid people are. The NFL suspended the greatest QB of all time for 4 games (without proof), have stolen two first round picks from us the last 10 years, a 4th round pick and several million dollars from the franchise, yet the league is rigged in THE PAT'S favor ? How insanely paranoid do you have to be, to believe the league is rigged in OUR favor.

The league did EVERYTHING in their power to insure the Pats DIDN'T win this year, only to have the Pats win. And they won because of their greatness.

Pretty dumb.. the thing that pisses me off is people think we got off easy for video taping signals. It was one of the biggest fines and loss of draft picks.. ever handed down to a team.

They got what they wanted, "parity." So, no more 90s style SB blowouts.

Now, wahhhhhh, it must all be fixed. Well, it was fixed. The NFL decided what they had was broken. Now about 20 teams are still alive every week 17 and it's virtually impossible to put together more than 5 years of strong performance, outside of New England.

Mark my words... whoever is still dumb enough to say "Nah, these Patriots are not the greatest dynasty of all time" are going to be calling it a "dynasty" in the future if a team makes the SB two years in a row by the time the Pats are done. The Patriots are the "sabotage dynasty," the team that figured out how to do it in the present salary cap/FA era.

Take out the Pats, and what's a dynasty in the last 15 years? The Giants, the Steelers, the Colts? That's the kind of performance they'll call a "dynasty" in the future.

I'm glad I'm old.

A lot of the rigged talk is from morons who saw the graphic in OT that the "Patriots win Super Bowl with a touchdown" and read it as something that was going to happen rather than explaining to fans what the OT rule was.

That is all.

A lot of the rigged talk is from morons who saw the graphic in OT that the "Patriots win Super Bowl with a touchdown" and read it as something that was going to happen rather than explaining to fans what the OT rule was.

That is all.

Which itself is a testament to the amazing moronicity of these people.

• Winner
Reactions: sb1
Unfortunately video evidence has emerged surrounding GatoradeGate in the Super Bowl (this would actually explain a lot!)

You cannot script that clutch Edelman catch - Fact

You cannot script all the hits on the field - Fact

You cannot script all the faces on the sidelines because I doubt they are THAT AMAZING as actors - Fact

They are crazy.

Most people here can't go one game here without insinuating that the judges had been bought.

PLENTY of people said at some point that Gdoddell would deliberately stop #5. We have our own conspiracy theorists here, don't go too fast with the rock throwing

Always remember these three things about Deflategate. Always!

1) The league knew the numbers given to I-Have-Cancer-Not-Integrity Mort were bogus.
2) When the league gave the correct numbers to NE they legally required NE to not let anyone know the correct numbers. What the effin' hell, man?!?
3) Goodell unquestionably and outright lied about what Brady said in his testimony when Goodell released his decision. No "two ways of looking at something ambiguous". It was outright lying. And we only know about that because Berman released the transcripts over the objections of the NFL.

When the NFL is doing stuff like that, there is no reason whatsoever I should not suspect it of putting its thumb on the scales whenever it can.
And now we find that the thumb was on the scale, once again, with the Revis tampering scandal. The evidence keeps pouring in and yet the skepticism about rigging via differing discipline sanctions remains.

I saw a lot of fans from other teams rooting for us so goodell* would have to hand Brady SB/MVP trophy. They know he's a Puppet, Company Clown.

I should clarify that the people who bother to post on message boards such as our own are a small sample of all American NFL fans. But I am often stunned at how many fans talk about how "it's in the script" whatever. Such utter foolishness to think any sport could be fully "orchestrated" in such a manner. Ultimately it really is just a few crazies.
Think about who just won the SB and how they did it... them assess again. Heck, I heard the same thing being said around my office in 2014.

I saw a lot of fans from other teams rooting for us so goodell* would have to hand Brady SB/MVP trophy. They know he's a Puppet, Company Clown.
And that's WHY a lot of people think the NFL is rigged. They know that Goodell has no will of his own. That's a given for most NFL fans these days. He's a tool of the owners, and that means that we already know the Commissioner can be bought. If he's sold out to the owners, who else does he sell out to?

Make no mistake, Goodell is the representative of the league, not the owners. He speaks for the best interest of the league. That usually intersects with the best interests of the owners, but NOT always. If he can't stand up to the owners at all, his talk if #integrity is so much fluff. And fans are sensing that.

Goodell is singlehandedly destroying and tarnishing the image of the entire league right now. he NEEDS to go, soon.

And that's WHY a lot of people think the NFL is rigged. They know that Goodell has no will of his own. That's a given for most NFL fans these days. He's a tool of the owners, and that means that we already know the Commissioner can be bought. If he's sold out to the owners, who else does he sell out to?

Make no mistake, Goodell is the representative of the league, not the owners. He speaks for the best interest of the league. That usually intersects with the best interests of the owners, but NOT always. If he can't stand up to the owners at all, his talk if #integrity is so much fluff. And fans are sensing that.

Goodell is singlehandedly destroying and tarnishing the image of the entire league right now. he NEEDS to go, soon.

Well Said/Written, I Agree!

And as long as goodell* keeps revenue up, and bringing in Big Bucks for all owners* and he keeps taking hits for them, they will look 'other way. Mediots* BSpn never hammer him with all his bogus rulings. They sweep it under and blow it off, money talks! It's just a matter of time, he will self destruct hopefully sooner than later.

Guess it depends how you define rigged. When the Jets can tamper with Revis, and Seattle cannot declare an inured player all year, when a team can use alternative communications when the helmet goes out ( Eli) When teams can tamper with balls ( Giants)when a GAZILLION infractions gainst the rulesare ignored and not penalized by the league office, well, what do you call that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes