PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: I am amazed at how many NFL fans think the NFL is rigged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sports fans of all 4 major sports leagues in this country think there is rigging from time to time ... especially the NBA fans.

I have a bunch of friends (all Giants fans interestingly enough), who believe the league and Vegas are in collusion for every game. The refs are ALL in on it and the owners as well. It may as well be the flat-earth society.

You realize many people think the world is flat, right? (BTW, with cell phones and air travel one can easily prove longitude by asking "Where is the sun there?" Lattitude needs a sextant. :) )
I don't really believe that there are "real" flat earthers for the most part. It is an attention grabbing scheme of some kind. Similar to how there are a lot of atheist Pastors who realize that religion is a Billion dollar industry.. ranging all the way from just be a Pastor at a job for a decent life and pay check, all the way up to the really corrupt healer types who live in 20 million dollar mansions. There is actually a pretty cool anonymous on-line "Clergy Project" where Pastors who are active "Shepherds" meet together to talk about the depression of no longer believing in their religion, but married with kids by now, they are stuck in the "job" of it. Sorry, kind of off topic.

I'm surprised that even more Patriots fans do not worry that a deal was done to get back Tom's reputation and in return a defamation suit would be dropped!
Hopefully this is just a joke.

I think if the NFL was ever involved with fixing games.. I think it would kill the sport. I would stop watching. And I LOVE me some NFL.
No league is rigging actual games, 0%.

"Rigging" doesn't have to involve players or referees.

For instance, if you punish one player or one team in a manner that's arbitrary and punitive, that's an attempt to "rig" results.

I believe to this day that Deflategate was used by Roger Goodell and other owners to "rig" the league by denying the Patriots access to their own draft picks and one of their best players for four games.

And no, Deflategate is not "over" because the 1st round pick the Patriots should have had last year should have been on their roster for four or five years, at a minimum.
OK. So to be clear.. (and honestly I am just interested in the discussion at this point)
to be clear, you and a lot of others DO feel that Deflategate's PURPOSE was to stifle the success on the field of the New England Patriots for at least one year but maybe more. And also with the potential result of even knocking them down some (Like New Orleans)

So, Deflategate was not even a "makeup call" that many say it is for Spygate, but it was concocted, and known to be bull$**** (which I do think it is BS) and it was designed with the goal of stopping the Patriots success.

I just don't think so.

PS: If that is true, the integrity of the game is far greater damaged by the "Shield" itself than whatever deflategate would have been if there was even an ounce of truth to it. There is just no way they would do that to their product, just be stupid. Deflategate was a train wreck disaster, and there was at least some level of belief that the Pats were guilty and needed to be punished, or else they played with fire big time. I mean Wells Report, though absurd, would have to be flat deceit.. the whole thing would be exposed for much more than just an absurd stupid mess, it would be fraudulent and very serious. No, that was not their purpose. They were punishing the Pats, and even if they had some serious doubts they just decided they could if they wanted to.. Saving face much more likely the reason then actually trying to make the Pats non competitive.

In the case of SB 51, not running the ball, fumbling on the 25 and snapping the ball with 10+ secs left on the clock had nothing to do with the refs. You'd have to believe "Matty Ice" was directly involved with the fix.

I respect your opinion, which is clearly well-thought out and reasoned. But, I disagree. I've never been a tin foil hat conspiracy guy. However, the DG ******** when paired up with the lack of commensurate discipline meted out to other teams for repeated, far worse offenses causes me to conclude that the league tried to rig this past season against the Patriots.

Always remember these three things about Deflategate. Always!

1) The league knew the numbers given to I-Have-Cancer-Not-Integrity Mort were bogus.
2) When the league gave the correct numbers to NE they legally required NE to not let anyone know the correct numbers. What the effin' hell, man?!?
3) Goodell unquestionably and outright lied about what Brady said in his testimony when Goodell released his decision. No "two ways of looking at something ambiguous". It was outright lying. And we only know about that because Berman released the transcripts over the objections of the NFL.

When the NFL is doing stuff like that, there is no reason whatsoever I should not suspect it of putting its thumb on the scales whenever it can.

Last edited:
Right now the only thing that can save the reputation of the league in the eyes of the fans is the prompt dismissal of Goodell. It's obvious to just about everyone that he's the single biggest hurdle to the game's integrity right now, the only guys in Goodell's corner are the other 31 owners, and they won't stay there if the fans turn on the league over this. Get him gone, get a fresh face into the Commissioner's Office, and move on as a league.

If the League was rigging the game, the last thing they would want is the Pats or any team dominating year after year.

Not surprised at all. I would conservatively estimate that 50% of the U.S. population is mentally challenged.

StupidAmericans.jpg

Normally I'd take offense, but you may be right.

Unlike many foreign foes, our internal idiots may bring us down.

that picture was obviously not even taken in the united states. the powerstrip uses type C plugs, so it was taken somewhere in europe:

italy-socketfit.jpg

My question would be to those claiming the games are rigged, is why are they so emotionally invested in the sport if they believe the outcome is predetermined?

(note: to be clear I am referring to their claims of outright fixing of games, not a 'thumb on the scale' attempt to favor one team over another.)

Quite frankly, if I had to pick the country that was the source of that image, my first pick would be Poland.

So many morons out there, the NFL doesn't care who wins all the teams and owners and Goodell are printing money by the boatload.

If it was rigged why have Dallas gone over 20 years without being in the Super Bowl.

The funniest ones are the Falcons being in on a "scripted Tom Brady comeback Super Bowl" cause they'd all get so much out of blowing a 25 point lead for a story line just for Brady :D

Sports fans of all 4 major sports leagues in this country think there is rigging from time to time ... especially the NBA fans.

Weren't NBA refs caught gambling on NBA games? The NBA can get away with fixing a game easily.. there is so many phantom and judgement calls.

No league is rigging actual games, 0%.

I don't think there is actual rigging but I do think from time to time there is stuff going on that would surprise people. I don't mind black ops kinda stuff at the NFL level.. as long as all teams have the same tech to work with.

What I couldn't take is actual players and refs fixing games. Or at least trying too. I don't believe this to be the case, refs are under constant scrutiny especially in the NFL. They might miss calls but I don't see anything to indicate that fixing is going on... it would be very noticeable at the end of games.

I don't think there is actual rigging but I do think from time to time there is stuff going on that would surprise people. I don't mind black ops kinda stuff at the NFL level.. as long as all teams have the same tech to work with.

What I couldn't take is actual players and refs fixing games. Or at least trying too. I don't believe this to be the case, refs are under constant scrutiny especially in the NFL. They might miss calls but I don't see anything to indicate that fixing is going on... it would be very noticeable at the end of games.
the black ops you are referring to are always about trying to WIN though. Noone is trying to lose, or following a script to lose, and for what the crazies think to be true so many people would need to be in on the "fake". It's not fake, it's real.

I have a bunch of friends (all Giants fans interestingly enough), who believe the league and Vegas are in collusion for every game. The refs are ALL in on it and the owners as well. It may as well be the flat-earth society.

This is a perfectly fine and understandable conspiracy theory. And makes sense but I have heard Vegas takes a beating at times during the NFL season.. I just don't think this is going on.

the black ops you are referring to are always about trying to WIN though. Noone is trying to lose, or following a script to lose, and for what the crazies think to be true so many people would need to be in on the "fake". It's not fake, it's real.

Of course, the black ops kinda stuff I am refering to is to gain an advantage over your opponent. Spying.. Bugging.. lol MIND READING ... who the hell knows. When you have drones that are smaller than flies and move with camera's and mics.. you could spy on anyone at any time. And yeah this technology already exists.

Of course when people start using mini fly drones they will counter act it with some kind of EMP pulse that would disable any invisible or nearly invisible drones.. this just an example, I am just using this as a possibility of the stuff that could go on.

Remember we are talking about billionaires who have the power and money and maybe even surpass military technology, or possibly get special access too.. like I said who knows.

But the NFL is all about Integrity lol

It's amazing to me how stupid people are. The NFL suspended the greatest QB of all time for 4 games (without proof), have stolen two first round picks from us the last 10 years, a 4th round pick and several million dollars from the franchise, yet the league is rigged in THE PAT'S favor ? How insanely paranoid do you have to be, to believe the league is rigged in OUR favor.

The league did EVERYTHING in their power to insure the Pats DIDN'T win this year, only to have the Pats win. And they won because of their greatness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes