PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Has Logan Ryan Been Eating His Wheaties?

Status
Not open for further replies.
His first few years with us he was inconsistent but the last year and a halfish (with the Patriots) he played really well. Looks like he’s taken his game to the next level in Tennessee and he deserves the success.

Tackles by a corner are an interesting stat. If you are picked on and give up a lot of completions you will have a lot of tackles. But a corner who is good in run support is pretty valuable. Context needed to judge.

yeah...jump off the Dreamy Jimmy Gaa Gaa Goony train and jump on the Logan Ryan Express....ANYBODY but current Patriots

Tackles by a corner are an interesting stat. If you are picked on and give up a lot of completions you will have a lot of tackles. But a corner who is good in run support is pretty valuable. Context needed to judge.
15 PD’s is pretty great in 10 games. That certainly can’t be a bad thing.

I wasn't replying to you, Joey...

Going down the PFR play finder for run plays only, I believe he does lead all CBs with 27 run tackles, but the 9 solo and 18 assisted split is notable. Rowe appears to be second with 13 solo and 12 assisted.

He was a really good player in NE all things considered. Always liked him...always around the ball, made some plays, sure made some mistakes too, but he did tackle when he allowed completions. He ain’t Gilmore, obviously. Titans paid $10aav for Ryan vs Pats $13aav for Gilmore. Pats definitely win that move. Not surprised he continues to do well, those Rutgers boys McCourtys, Harmon, Ryan have done good things in the league.

FWIW, per PFF (take with grain of salt): he has allowed 50 passes in 78 attempts (both apparently are league-highs), playing nearly 100% of snaps.

For comparison, Gilmore is "credited" with 26/54.

Last edited:
I wasn't replying to you, Joey...
Joe, you might want to click "reply" on the post you're replying to from now on so there isn't any confusion over who you're addressing.

Wonder what type of offer Patriots would have made him if they didn’t snag Gilmore.

My recollection is that Ryan had fizzled out as a traditional CB1/CB2 but had found his niche as a slot cover guy I'm not sure the two situations were related.

Wonder what type of offer Patriots would have made him if they didn’t snag Gilmore.
I’m thinking that it could have been something similar to the Butler situation, where they could have come up a bit on either pact. Luckily, Belichick was smart enough to sign Gilmore.

From my big comfy couch I liked the way Ryan played, but it was a depth salary cap issue.. nothing wrong with our current compliment of DB's...

Reading yesterday about Kamu Grugier-Hill who was with us about 4 years ago.. we have become a farm team for many of these other teams..

15 PD’s is pretty great in 10 games. That certainly can’t be a bad thing.
Sure it can. If you are being picked on and they are completing a ton of passes on you. PD is another stat that needs context.

Ryan is what he always was: a very very good tackler, usually makes timely plays, and is only decent as a cover guy. He is also a very effective blitzer. He is a smart player who does everything he's asked to do at an above average level. I enjoyed his time here mostly.

From my big comfy couch I liked the way Ryan played, but it was a depth salary cap issue.. nothing wrong with our current compliment of DB's...

Reading yesterday about Kamu Grugier-Hill who was with us about 4 years ago.. we have become a farm team for many of these other teams..

But I keep reading from all those geniuses how bad our drafting and talent scouting is.

Ryan is what he always was: a very very good tackler, usually makes timely plays, and is only decent as a cover guy. He is also a very effective blitzer. He is a smart player who does everything he's asked to do at an above average level. I enjoyed his time here mostly.

All of which makes him an almost perfect slot corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes