PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Has Logan Ryan Been Eating His Wheaties?

Status
Not open for further replies.
But I keep reading from all those geniuses how bad our drafting and talent scouting is.

There was a time our reputation was as bad drafting corners as WRs.

There was a time our reputation was as bad drafting corners as WRs.

Who doesn't remember the Felger-esque pitchforks up in the air about Josh Boyer. Ever since 2013 there has been no better team at developing defensive back talent in this league.

Ever since 2013 there has been no better team at developing defensive back talent in this league.

This has essentially been true even if you only considered the undrafted FA's

This has essentially been true even if you only considered the undrafted FA's
  • Malcolm Butler
  • Justin Coleman
  • Cre'von LeBlanc
  • Jonathan Jones
  • JC Jackson

yeah...jump off the Dreamy Jimmy Gaa Gaa Goony train and jump on the Logan Ryan Express....ANYBODY but current Patriots

Joe, it's ok.

Who doesn't remember the Felger-esque pitchforks up in the air about Josh Boyer. Ever since 2013 there has been no better team at developing defensive back talent in this league.
Seems like we get a quality undrafted corner every year.

You're right in that history proved Josh Boyer was not the problem, but I don't think it was unreasonable that many of us (myself included) hated to see our corners never turn their head around to look for the ball when initiating contact. It was night and day between 2012 and 2013. Maybe that was more of a talent thing with Talib and Logan Ryan, but there was a legitimate problem with our defensive backs in the early part of the decade.

Again, you're right: ever since 2013 there has been no better team at developing defensive backs. But before 2013 deserved every bit of criticism it got, even if we were wrong about the culprit(s).

yeah...jump off the Dreamy Jimmy Gaa Gaa Goony train and jump on the Logan Ryan Express....ANYBODY but current Patriots
Is this some sort of shtick or are you really like this?

The scorn Jimmy receives from our insecure fanbase is insane.

I'd ask you the same thing....

Luckily for him we took him in the 3rd round and not the 2nd round. Otherwise hed be terrible!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back