PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Gruden sues NFL and Goodell

WFT had the emails for years so it is not credible to say that WFT leaked the emails years later. The WFT emails must have a lot more in them including "cheerleader stuff" that would lead to a host of more lawsuits. Really would be fun if Gruden gets past the Motion to Dismiss.

All hell would break loose. Just the banter over cheerleaders would probably result in a dozen heads rolling.

All hell would break loose. Just the banter over cheerleaders would probably result in a dozen heads rolling.

It would be juicy. But I can't count how many times I hoped something would go to court but never did.

The one time it did was when Brady refused to throw the Ball boys under the bus and Judge Berman released the transcripts. That was spectacular.

Of course Brady wasn't after money. He wanted the truth and although he lost the overall case he won the public perception battle. Goodell looked like crap and got the worst booing of his life or anyone's life at the Super bowl podium.

It would be juicy. But I can't count how many times I hoped something would go to court but never did.

The one time it did was when Brady refused to throw the Ball boys under the bus and Judge Berman released the transcripts. That was spectacular.

Of course Brady wasn't after money. He wanted the truth and although he lost the overall case he won the public perception battle. Goodell looked like crap and got the worst booing of his life or anyone's life at the Super bowl podium.

I think you're right. The moment there's a chance of really opening all the emails, Chucky will get massively paid off, possibly 9 figures.

What we need is some brilliant hacker to break into Goodell's e-mails and post them on the internet.

there is a school right down the road from foxboro that has tons of really smart kids that could do that.

maybe someone could promise them a night with a real breathing (non blow up) woman if they do the world this small favor!

there is a school right down the road from foxboro that has tons of really smart kids that could do that.

maybe someone could promise them a night with a real breathing (non blow up) woman if they do the world this small favor!
I've always been a fan of an NFL promotional tour to Afghanistan that "accidentally" leaves Goodell behind.

On that note, maybe we can get 4chan to create and spread a picture of Goodell and Mohamed then start a rumor that Goodell himself drew it.

I've always been a fan of an NFL promotional tour to Afghanistan that "accidentally" leaves Goodell behind.

On that note, maybe we can get 4chan to create and spread a picture of Goodell and Mohamed then start a rumor that Goodell himself drew it.
I really like the way you think. I always think of the more visceral...like Goodell is walking down Park Avenue and a truck carrying hydrochloric acid careens out of control and crashes at his feet spilling its' corrosive content all over the entire city block...and in the process, well, I'm sure you can visualize the resultant outcome

I consider myself progressive as hell and I’d have told him to sue.

they say all kinds of stuff behind there. He just got selectively canceled.

f, n words, etc...

i also would’ve told him to resign... but still.

I just truly feel like the Sam stuff was dumb. Like come on a fourth to a third of all those players did something gay before. Iono. Just all the hoopla (which btw was CERTAINLY fetishization of the irony of a gay nfl player for ratings for that stupid doc, the talk shows/$), was overcompensating for treating regular gay (and black) people like **** for two centuries...

sue.

Don't rightly care if gruden wins .. I do want him to get to discovery though, so we can see how the NFL front office works... Expose the machinations behind the shield, showing publicly how they manipulate things for their desired outcomes

Don't rightly care if gruden wins .. I do want him to get to discovery though, so we can see how the NFL front office works... Expose the machinations behind the shield, showing publicly how they manipulate things for their desired outcomes
I thought Spygate, Deflategate and Bountygate showed us all we need to know.

I have always wondered when and why the mindset and role of the commissioner changed . If I remember correctly, Tagliabue wasn't like this, he was pretty straight laced and the NFL was so much better than. What the he** changed ?? I don't remember him ever going after one organization so maliciously like Goddell did with the Patriots.
Tagliabue was a real lawyer not a fake one like Goondell and felt people have rights and you can't trample on them to get what you want. Remember his recommendation in the NO bountygate scandal. Goondell did the opposite of what Tags advised.

No matter what happens I think it's time for Roger to go. They need a football person in this role because this isn't working. Everything in the NFL is in shambles.

No matter what happens I think it's time for Roger to go. They need a football person in this role because this isn't working. Everything in the NFL is in shambles.
Except the bottom line, and really that is all they care about....

Except the bottom line, and really that is all they care about....
Yeah I know but maybe they could consider a change of structure and create a new position to slide Roger in and hand over officiating, discipline rules and all the actual things fans care about over to a football person. Have they handled a single scandal correctly? Officiating is so bad it's impossible to understand.

Yeah I know but maybe they could consider a change of structure and create a new position to slide Roger in and hand over officiating, discipline rules and all the actual things fans care about over to a football person. Have they handled a single scandal correctly? Officiating is so bad it's impossible to understand.
What? You are not impressed with the exlemperary leadership, vision, tireless commitment to excellence and ethical business practices Troy Vincent has shown?

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back