PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Gruden sues NFL and Goodell

Somewhere Tom Brady is shaking his head thinking, yep I definitely should have turned over my cell phone to such a reliable and consistent bunch of asshats.

Obviously Gruden isn't squeeky clean in all of this but I can't help but hope he wins. I also think that for Goodell to target him Gruden must have pissed off at least one owner and the code red was ordered.

Somewhere Tom Brady is shaking his head thinking, yep I definitely should have turned over my cell phone to such a reliable and consistent bunch of asshats.

Obviously Gruden isn't squeeky clean in all of this but I can't help but hope he wins. I also think that for Goodell to target him Gruden must have pissed off at least one owner and the code red was ordered.

Brady was absolutely right not to trust goodell.

I don't like Chuckie but I hope he wins. I shudder to think if all the stupid stuff I said ten or more years ago could be used against me today.

Last edited:

To use wrestling terminology, it is a heel vs heel match. No good guy here.

Gruden is a scumbag suing bigger scumbags.

The league should have leaked other emails as well just to show that they weren't doing it to target Gruden.

The league should have leaked other emails as well just to show that they weren't doing it to target Gruden.
They were probably intending to hang the whole WFT misogyny mess on him with the leak, but screwed it up with what they put out initially.

anyway, I hope Gruden’s lawyers get all the emails between Pash and Goodell and Snyder and other WFT execs as part of their discovery. With no amount specified they have every incentive to push as far as they can before settling.

As much as his leaked emails disgust me, I hope he wins the lawsuit. You can go on about those are the nfls emails property but I do find it odd, like everyone else that only Grudens were released. 650,000 emails and none released regarding the investigation at hand which was the WFT cheerleading scandal. No juicy deflategate details or other scandals. Definitely imo they burned down Gruden to take the heat off and also a vendetta for Grudens xomments regarding Goofdell. Knowing what we know about the nazi pos sob, would anyone be surprised?

It’s no surprise that Goodell keeps his job and is getting the big pay days. He’s the happy warrior doing the dirty work for the owners. What’s bizarre is he doesn’t do the dirty work particularly well and still gets rewarded… hope Gruden fleeces the MFers

Article 46

Oh, goodie! I hope this goes to a jury trial. Watching Gruden drag the NFL, Roger Goodell, and Dan Snyder through the mud while the NFL drags Jon Gruden through the mud will be great - sorta like Hard Knocks for billionaires. Gruden will probably wind up with a big settlement shrouded in NDAs.

You gotta hand it to Roger Goodell and the NFL. They really know how to win the off-season - Spygate, Deflategate, Bountygate, concussion-denial, Jim Irsay's Bag O' Drugs & Cash, Deadskins Voyeur Videos, Orchids of Asia Day Spa, Rex's foot fetish, Blackballing Colin Kaepernick, etc. The hits just keep on coming.

Last edited:
IIRC, didn't Gruden quit? He'd have a lot better case IMHO if he had waited to be fired. Of course... I'm no attorney...

View attachment 37562
I'm not one either but it seems the filing stands fine enough on its own as the suit claims the NFL's actions led to Gruden suffering from "severe financial damages and harm to his career and reputation." It claims Gruden should be awarded compensatory damages and "exemplary and punitive damages as a result of Defendants' oppression, fraud, or malice," .

Interesting how he picked a lawyer with a focus on antitrust matters.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back