PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Fantasy Football

Brady_to_Moss

28-3....
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Who are your top 5 at the main positions?

I don't know who my top 5 is...But I do know that I'm going to switch up my strategy this year.

In the past I always went QB first....to me, they are the most consistent when it comes to putting up #s and are way less likely to get injured.

But this year, I think I'm going to stockpile RB's and WR's early...and wait until later to pick up a QB. QBs are very deep this year. I'm thinking Andrew Luck will be available late...and he could put up some big #s this year. He plays in a dome, in a relatively weak division, has some more weapons...and has a year under his belt.

QB--Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Luck, P.Manning

RB--Martin, Peterson, Charles, Rice, Spiller (Edit: forgot about Foster)

WR--C.Johnson, AJ Green, J.Jones, Amendola, A.Johnson

TE--Graham, Gronk, Witten, V.Davis, Finley

(These are just off the top of my head. There are many arguments that can be made with many of the picks, so it's all opinionated)

I don't know who my top 5 is...But I do know that I'm going to switch up my strategy this year.

In the past I always went QB first....to me, they are the most consistent when it comes to putting up #s and are way less likely to get injured.

But this year, I think I'm going to stockpile RB's and WR's early...and wait until later to pick up a QB.

I agree with you 100%, but let's keep it on the down low.

Skill position players will be targeted by me first, THEN the quarterbacks...

I never go with a QB in first...skill positions first. RBs mainly and then WR or two then QB. You can get a soild QB in 2-5 rounds

Have always drafted a RB first..then usally another RB WR then QB

I never go with a QB in first...skill positions first. RBs mainly and then WR or two then QB. You can get a soild QB in 2-5 rounds

Have always drafted a RB first..then usally another RB WR then QB

See, in my Yahoo league 3 out of the first 4 picks were QBs last season.

Rodgers, (RB), Brees, and then Brady at #4.

(These are just off the top of my head. There are many arguments that can be made with many of the picks, so it's all opinionated)

Perfect. Should make for a 150 page thread. Good luck people.

RB: Adrian Peterson, Arian Foster, Ray Rice, Darren McFadden, and Alfred Morris.

QB: Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, and Matt Ryan.

WR: Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, Demaryius Thomas, Julio Jones, and A.J. Green.

See, in my Yahoo league 3 out of the first 4 picks were QBs last season.

Rodgers, (RB), Brees, and then Brady at #4.

Good for those who draft RBs first...like me. My $$ leagues on CBS are 12 team leagues. So you gotta go RB first to get a solid one

RB: Adrian Peterson, Arian Foster, Ray Rice, Darren McFadden, and Alfred Morris.

QB: Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, and Matt Ryan.

WR: Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, Demaryius Thomas, Julio Jones, and A.J. Green.

I know we are all pats fans...but Brady over Rodgers? I would go with Rodgers over Brady this year IMO

And Fosters back is making me think more and more about him. Still a #2 RB...but idk if it will give him fits come reg season

I know we are all pats fans...but Brady over Rodgers? I would go with Rodgers over Brady this year IMO

And Fosters back is making me think more and more about him. Still a #2 RB...but idk if it will give him fits come reg season

That list wasn't in any particular order. If I had to choose between the two for fantasy football, I would go with Rodgers over Brady.

That list wasn't in any particular order. If I had to choose between the two for fantasy football, I would go with Rodgers over Brady.

oh okay...thought that was an order

QB:
1) Brees
2) Manning
3) Brady
4) Rodgers
5) doesn't really matter

RB:
1) Adrian
2) Lynch
3) Foster
4) Rice
5) McCoy

WR:
1) Calvin
2) Dez
3) Cruz
4) Green
5) Julio

TE:
1) Graham
2) Gronk
3) Witten
4) Tony G
5) Zach Miller/Rudolph

D:
1) Seattle
2) San Fran
3) Houston
4) Cinci
5) Baltimore

Code:
QB: D.Brees     A.Rodgers     T.Brady       P.Manning   M.Ryan
RB: A.Peterson  D.Martin      L.McCoy       C.Spiller   J.Charles
WR: C.Johnson   A.Green       B.Marshall    D.Bryant    D.Thomas
TE: J.Graham    R.Gronkowski  J.Witten      T.Gonzalez  V.Davis
KI: P.Dawson    M.Bryant      S.Gostkowski  B.Walsh     G.Hartley
DF: Seahawks    Bears         49ers         Patriots    Bengals

QB - Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Manning, Kaepernick

Non PPR: RB - Peterson, Charles, Martin, Spiller, Richardson
PPR: RB - Peterson, Charles, Martin, Spiller, Sproles

Non PPR: WR - C. Johnson, B. Marshall, Julio Jones, D. Thomas, Dez Bryant
PPR: WR - C. Johnson, B. Marshall, R. Cobb, Julio Jones, D. Thomas

Non PPR: TE - Graham, Witten, Gonzo, Gronkowski, V. Davis
PPR: TE - Graham, Gonzo, Witten, Gronkowski, V. Davis

QB: Rodgers, Brees, Peyton, Brady, Cam
RB: AP, Martin, Foster, Rice, Charles
WR: Calvin, Dez, Green, Marshall, Julio
TE: Graham, Gronk, Gonzo, Witten, Davis

We are in agreement. I generally go RB, RB and if Gronkowski or Graham are available with my 3rd pick. From there I take a best available (on my personal ranking sheet) given there's 10-12 Quarterbacks with over 300 point potential available in the middle rounds now.

We are in agreement. I generally go RB, RB and if Gronkowski or Graham are available with my 3rd pick one of the two. From there I take a best available (on my personal ranking sheet) given there's 10-12 Quarterbacks with over 300 point potential available in the middle rounds now.

yup..it's a passing league...RBs WR and top TE are more valuable now

No Arian Foster in your top 5?

If there is one guy that I will not touch with a 10 foot pole in any fantasy draft - it is Arian Foster.

If there is one guy that I will not touch with a 10 foot pole in any fantasy draft - it is Arian Foster.

hearing people say the same thing about gronk, I dare somebody to let him slip to my 2nd pick.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back