PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Evans remains a Buc

Sure sounds like Mayfield isn’t a lock to go back, which is kind of hilarious given Evans’ claims that he wouldn’t sign with a team with a bad or inexperienced QB. As it usually does, that went out the window as soon as the Bucs paid up.

What if the Bucs are a team that pursues Cousins/Fields in that scenario?

With that only being a 2 year deal, I am guessing it has 3 void years tacked on. So it's "$26M per year" but the cap hit this year is probably something like $8M, to keep Baker.

But a little confusing since Evans said he wanted to go to a title contender and play with an elite QB - is Tampa a title contender? Who is their QB if Baker doesn't return, and even if he does, is he elite? As always, it was just about the cash.
He may have meant contender other than Bucs. I am sure Bucs was his preferred destination. He is worshipped by the fans and he was underpaid his entire 2nd contract but never complained.

Of course it could have been his agent telling him to say that so he would have some negotiating power with the Bucs who I am sure knew he wanted to stay.

Y
I like Isaiah Bolden he was having a Great Camp before he got hurt Deion Sanders Coached him. :cool:
Yes, he was. Even Wade was playing better. We probably are best staying the course with the guys we have unless there is an all- pro that comes available.. CB is like near the bottom of needs for us. We need FS.. I saw someone say j. Jones.. he's injury prone

That's very realistic and sensible.. even if we got Hollywood brown we'd be a better team offensively with all the other guys we have. Hollywood is a burner for sure.
He’s a burner but he’s a little guy and not a number one. Not someone I’d spend big money on.

He’s a burner but he’s a little guy and not a number one. Not someone I’d spend big money on.
You wouldn't have to spend big on him.. you just want someone with speed on the outside.. this would all be negated if Thornton would work out!

I know some wanted Evans here, but I think it would have been a waste of money. Evans is too old for a team in rebuild. Would rather have a less talented younger guy without all the wear like even Calvin Ridley who is only a year or two younger, but missed two years because of non-injury reasons.

Yea but DJ Chark didn't have Josh Allen as a qb playin next to stefon Diggs.
I get the argument for g. Davis I get the argument for Hollywood Brown but
DJ Chark is 6'3 200 lbs and runs a 4.3
He's been productive without a Josh Allen
A good piece that offers a lil bit of Gabe Davis size with a lil bit of Hollywood Brown speed. Best of both worlds. At his best I think he could be a true 2 as a Z
Honestly, I don't care about stats other than production for someone who's been in the league for years.

Not big on Chark or Davis.

Honestly, I don't care about stats other than production for someone who's been in the league for years.

Not big on Chark or Davis.
Who are you signing? Would you rather see Kendrick Bourne back or a DJ Chark signing?

Who are you signing? Would you rather see Kendrick Bourne back or a DJ Chark signing?
Probably Chark - but I think you're getting another number 3 type, which we're full of...
I'd prefer a trade for a true or potential WR1 - Jefferson's been dangled, a couple of others have been franchised (Jeudy, Higgins). Or I'd prefer potential for that guy - Ridley has more potential there than Chark or Davis, imo.
The Pats have Douglas, Juju, and Parker now. if they can't unload one of the latter two, I don't see what these other middling WRs bring tot he team, honestly.

I thought the entire organization would collapse after Brady retired. I was very wrong.

With regards to Evans, I thought he was destined to be a Chief.

No one will agree with me on this one but the best sign at WR is DJ Chark. Age, athleticism, money factor it all in. Used properly he can be a weapon. Better than Gabe Davis or anyone out there. tyquan Thornton is on his last chance as a patriot and DJ Chark fills that profile perfectly if it doesn't work out again. Cut parker. Go into the draft with
Chark, juju, demario, tyquan Thornton
Could sign Darnell Mooney too if your certain Thornton is not gonna work out.
Adding some serious speed
Get a true X in the draft
What about Boutte and Reagor?

Bouttee suspended for a year I don't know bout reagor maybe you can develop him in the 6th spot but I say pats can do better even in the 6 spot
I didn't realize he was suspended. when did that happen? I knew it was under investigation but I missed where the league concluded and suspended him.

I didn't realize he was suspended. when did that happen? I knew it was under investigation but I missed where the league concluded and suspended him.
Suspension isn't official. No ruling yet but trust me the dude is done for. At least a season

I thought the entire organization would collapse after Brady retired. I was very wrong.

With regards to Evans, I thought he was destined to be a Chief.
They know how to draft

If free agency offense sucks , just retain your own guys and match market . Sign Danielle hunter as well and Xavier McKinney and rollover 20 million into next year. Once Judon leaves in 2025 we have Danielle hunter to take over. Let white blossom under hunter.

If Judon wants a pay raise trade him to a team for a 3rd round pick and a solid backup OT.

I'd spend to keep Onwenu and a little bit for our key mid tier re-signings (Jennings, Pharaoh Brown, Bryant). Beyond that, I would probably over-extend for Dalton Schultz who's worth a nice contract, and probably throw some money at Tyron Smith and just hope he plays at least half a season while you develop some other prospects.

Otherwise - I'm down for impact defenders. Give me Antoine Winfield Jr baby.
Winfield Jr. will get tagged tomorrow if they can't reach a deal by then. At $17.1M he's well worth it.

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back