PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT Euro 2021 soccer

Faster game.....think Denmark need to slow the game down

Much better game now......still balanced.

I have never seen anything like this! It’s a joke!
yes England was the best team, but!!!
Thats not fair!
GO ITALY!!!!

1625709632782.gif
1625709718637.jpeg

I did not see all of the game but congrats to Denmark who once again show that "smaller" teams can go far in competitions.

I am just going to read the match report ...was it a disputed penalty ??

England looked very good when playing at pace , this should be a great final

Well on balance of play England were the better team and deserved to go through but what a performance by Denmark , excellent effort in every game.
Its only my thought but that was not a penalty , yes there was contact but to go down like that is a sign of the game week in week out everywhere. Sterling has done it before.

Well on balance of play England were the better team and deserved to go through but what a performance by Denmark , excellent effort in every game.
Its only my thought but that was not a penalty , yes there was contact but to go down like that is a sign of the game week in week out everywhere. Sterling has done it before.
it was a disgrace. He was making a dive and VAR did not do anything about it.
Furthermore, there was 2 footballs on the pitch at the same time!
It sucks to be out of the cup this way

I don’t know y’all. As much as I want to say it’s not a penalty. I think it was a penalty

it was a disgrace. He was making a dive and VAR did not do anything about it.
Furthermore, there was 2 footballs on the pitch at the same time!
It sucks to be out of the cup this way
It was an iffy call, but he was clipped. The 2nd ball was off to the side and didn’t interfere with the play. You can’t stop a guy inside the box because a ball comes onto the field out of play. Truth is Denmark were barely hanging on for the last hour and England were the better team.

Def not a penalty and VAR should have reversed it BUT keep in mind game flow (Denmark started playing for penalties around the 60th minute) and the no call PK on Kane earlier in the game. The momentum was overwhelmingly going England's way, Denmark was hanging by a thread ..ref made the call and boom.

Personally if I was the ref I would have not made the call. No way he was in position to be absolute on the call..at the moment the ref is influencing the outcome of the game and you never want that. VAR failed which is going to fuel "is this fixed ?" Discussion. Rightfully so.

However this is an easy one to swallow because England was dominating. The result was just.

I'm not really a big soccer guy, but would there be such a problem with two different penalties when a guy is in the scoring zone? One which would be a free kick, or maybe a penalty kick from further away, and one being the standard penalty kick? Seems crazy how goals are basically just awarded for a borderline penalty like that...kind of like a 50-yard pass interference call where it's technically PI but the ball probably wasn't catchable and half the time it doesn't get called. I've always thought that should be a 10-15 yard penalty too. In both cases, it seems like refs can be given instructions to distinguish between a major and minor interference penalty.

The governing bodies of this sport try to keep it as close to it's original form as possible, that would never pass unfortunately.

VAR is in place to prevent things like this. None the less again... England was robbed of a PK late in regulation and Denmark started playing anti-football very early in the game. You almost invite this sort of thing to happen in these type of high stakes matches.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back